More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 05:41:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197966 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #150 on: 2005 September 17, 22:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will there be an update as to when you've sorted out the problem of the lack of singing with the karaoke?  It's really bugging me now!  As I said somewhere or other, some of my sounds for the bowling are missing as well and I get the same error strings about those.  It's mainly the sound when the ball hits the pins that's not there.  The karaoke is the main problem, though.  I was really looking forward to that and it's pointless as it is.  I've tried reinstalling and using one of the original neighbourhoods created by the game (absolutely vanilla in all senses) and it makes no difference.  Would really appreciate being kept up-to-date on this.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 September 17, 23:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will there be an update as to when you've sorted out the problem of the lack of singing with the karaoke?  It's really bugging me now!  As I said somewhere or other, some of my sounds for the bowling are missing as well and I get the same error strings about those.  It's mainly the sound when the ball hits the pins that's not there.  The karaoke is the main problem, though.  I was really looking forward to that and it's pointless as it is.  I've tried reinstalling and using one of the original neighbourhoods created by the game (absolutely vanilla in all senses) and it makes no difference.  Would really appreciate being kept up-to-date on this.

Try setting your audio options to the max, upgrading your audio drivers, or setting the audio options to stereo in the game's options panel.  I've heard various things about this and some of these things help.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 September 17, 23:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom did you make a note yet of the bug about child visitors going home too early? 6pm they leave now.

Does this happen on Downtown community lots or on any lot?
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 September 18, 00:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom did you make a note yet of the bug about child visitors going home too early? 6pm they leave now.

Happens on any residential lot that I've had kids bring home friends.  Haven't seen how early teens leave as I currently don't have any teens at home.

FWIW, I've never had any trouble with any of the sounds/sound effects (karaoke etc).  Undecided  I have just a plain old SB Audigy (the oldest thing in my pc Cheesy)
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 September 18, 02:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have an answer for my bugs, or has encountered them? I'm really desparate to start using my cars again lol, I'm not going to use them until that bug is fixed.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 September 18, 02:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The initial autonomous romantic interaction threw me offguard as it hasn't happened in my game before NL, and I suddenly saw all of my Sims' dates ending in disaster because everyone was in love with everyone else. I apologize for jumping the gun.  Undecided
This happened to me tonight. I have two couples living together (apartments) and one of the wives goosed the other husband! Of course, several family members were around to witness this, and they all had a fit. I am really missing that Romance Mod!

Howabominable, I had your problem tonight, as well. I had a teen go downtown on a date, and had to call a taxi to get home, as the car was unclickable. I used boolProp to delete the car so the taxi wouldn't get stuck. Now I have to buy a new car for this family. 
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 September 18, 02:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The initial autonomous romantic interaction threw me offguard as it hasn't happened in my game before NL, and I suddenly saw all of my Sims' dates ending in disaster because everyone was in love with everyone else. I apologize for jumping the gun.  Undecided
This happened to me tonight. I have two couples living together (apartments) and one of the wives goosed the other husband! Of course, several family members were around to witness this, and they all had a fit. I am really missing that Romance Mod!

Howabominable, I had your problem tonight, as well. I had a teen go downtown on a date, and had to call a taxi to get home, as the car was unclickable. I used boolProp to delete the car so the taxi wouldn't get stuck. Now I have to buy a new car for this family. 

How did you delete it with boolprop? I could find a way to delete it, so I had to exit without saving. At least if I can figure out how to delete the car so the taxi can get by I'll be okay with it (but I"ll be buying my family cheap cars lol).
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 September 18, 02:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anybody interact with Mrs Crumplebottom?  Whenever my sim tries to speak with her the actions are dropped from the queue.  I don't know if this is a bug or by design Undecided
Interaction with her seems to be her screaming at you for daring to try to socialize with her. I like it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 September 18, 03:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interaction with her seems to be her screaming at you for daring to try to socialize with her. I like it.

Sounds like Pescado.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2005 September 18, 03:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered tonight that the elders requesting birthday parties as soon as they've age-transitioned hasn't stopped.  One of my Sims asked for one and continued to ask for one for the entire 24 hours he was downtown celebrating, then when he came home, while he was at work, when he was in bed ... he hasn't stopped asking yet.  I don't know if the fix works but I am going to try it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 September 18, 04:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And dont get me started on paying 5 grand and getting some elder who just stands around massaging her aching back, lehs, hip etc...that is NOT an ideal date in my book

I think it's cute that there's no ageism involved here (although I do find those idle animations annoying, especially for Active sims with high body points).

The real reason I'm posting is that you don't have to pay the full five--four thousand will still get you high attraction sims. Not sure how low it can go yet, though. 
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 September 18, 04:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple annoyances -- a.)  sims are cleaning up their plates after dinner downtown...while they're on a date!  I can cancel, of course, but it's pretty annoying; b.)  just as the lot distance view resets to small each time you restart the game, my audio setting also goes back to stereo upon game restart even when I've set it to 5.1.  No biggie but again, annoying.
Oh, one more thing.  Should the familyfunds cheat work in University also?  I tried using the household name and one of the sims' last name but it didn't.  It worked okay in the regular neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 04:31:23 by Qwiggles » Logged

Mooooo
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 September 18, 04:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Pescado.
Exactly.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2005 September 18, 04:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this issue addressed anyplace: I don't find a way to delete a DT inside the game. There was a way to delete a UNi inside but that seems to be gone too. ?? The delete option for the main hood is there.

Of course, it's possible to delete these manually--but I could have sworn there was an in-game delete option. Am I crazy?

EDIT: I was NOT in the DT or Uni I was trying to delete.

Once you've installed a DT, you MUST have a DT in a neighborhood.  If you have multiple DT's, you can delete all but one of them.  This is because many special NPCs (such as downtownies) require a DT to function. 
melyanna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 September 18, 13:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Nightlife for four days now and so far I've come across two issues:

1. When I was playing the Pleasant house yesterday Angela Pleasant was invited downtown by her friend. I accepted the invitation and chose for them to go to the LuLu Lounge. The game loaded downtown all right but when it came to loading the LuLu Lounge lot it just kept loading and loading and... yeah, you get the point. Finally I had to Ctrl+alt+del to exit the game. Today I was playing Darren Dreamer and had the same scenario; a friend called and invited him downtown and I chose the LuLu Lounge (just to see if it would work). Just like last time it took a while to load the lot but this time it did finish loading and I figured it was all right. Imagine my surprise when I suddenly found myself looking at the sweeping camera scene one sees when loading Veronaville. So, instead of loading a lot downtown in Pleasantview, the game loaded Veronaville and left me stuck there without the control panel. Needless to say, my sims won't be visiting the LuLu Lounge in the near future...

2. I sent Don Lothario downtown in his car for a date. Everything went fine until he came home - well, until he was supposed to get home. When I came back to Don's house I waited for Don's car to appear but it never did. In sheer desperation I fast forwarded twelve hours - still no sign of the car. I ended up having to move Don to another lot, where things seem to be working fine. I haven't tried moving another sim into his old house to see if they'll have the same problem.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 September 18, 13:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when it came to loading the LuLu Lounge lot it just kept loading and loading and... yeah, you get the point.  Finally I had to Ctrl+alt+del to exit the game.

Yeah, my LuLu lounge was broken too.  I never could get into it, even after letting it load for 10+ minutes--and my lots usually load in less than a minute.  After multiple attempts to get into it (even in build mode) I finally had to just bulldoze it.  Undecided
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 September 18, 14:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not seen this mentioned, but the speaker setting also doesn't stick. Each time I restart I have to edit it back to 4.0 speakers.

I'm also suffering from the disappearing lot imposters setting. If anyone can point me to a graphics rule.sgr editing guide I'll be grateful for it.
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 September 18, 16:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed smoething about the bug where two or more sims can't return by car. When a CAR arrives on a lot it parks by the phone booth. When a TAXI arrives it parks at the end of a lot. However, if I have two or more sims in a car they prk the car at the end of the lot. Apparently, the car thinks it's a taxi. And when they get out, they can't get in.

I've just started taking taxis downtown, the cars are too bugged.

Oh, and two of my sims had boquets of flowers again, and it worked fine. It must have been a bug for that one house.
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 September 18, 16:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case, it's happening on home lots, but I haven't tried it on Downtown or other community lots.  Their parents don't even show to collect them, the kids just say "Look at the time, I need to be getting back!" and just leave.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 September 18, 20:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had gravestones vanish. I had Tybalt select "Move all gravestones to..." while on the lot, then took him to Gothier Greens using a taxi, place all the gravestones in his inventory, move one gravestone out of the way from where his family plot would be, place that stone somewhere else, place all the gravestones in order of relation to each other (I liked the system at this point. Having Tybalt there ment I could check his family tree), then leave the lot by taxi.
I reentered the lot in neighborhood build mode, and all the gravestones were gone. They didn't save. I know they wern't simply invisible because the one I moved that was already there was back in it's original location. I double checked by having Tybalt go back to the lot, they wern't there in live mode either.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 September 18, 21:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading around on all the different sites (including the BBS before it went down) and have noticed other messages about the permanently missing gravestones. So far, no solutions have been posted. What's really odd is that the family & friends reportedly are still able to resurrect the "missing dead" if they call the Grim Reaper. Strange and frustrating because once I have NL I would like to be able to have nice cemeteries so the residents won't scare their relatives to death (Mortimer Goth nearly scared Alexander to death, very annoying). Admittedly I was concerned that the cemetery feature would prove to be troublesome. If I find anything I'll let you know.

I have seen some other posts too regarding the visitors leaving too early. Reportedly it has to do with the "motives up" cheat (or something like that, I haven't used it myself so I'm not familiar with the exact term). I've seen posts about it over at Mod the Sims2, The Sims Resource and Variousimmers.  I'm beginning to wonder if Merola's energizer painting or multi painting could be affected and inadvertenly causing this problem too because both have the option to increase the motives. Which would also make me anxious about installing NL because I have both paintings and rely on them heavily.  Huh
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 September 18, 22:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RE: The problems with the UNI cafeteria cook.   Took a suggestion from someone on N99 and deleted and replaced the Shiny Time Cook Stove.  Worked like a charm.  (Also was told that moving students out and into dorm again works as well.)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 September 18, 22:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read on MTS2 that the visitos problem (i.e. insta-leaving) is thought to be caused by the maxMotives cheat. Just thought I'd update...

A proud thread pirate.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 September 18, 22:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A pre nightlife townie got married to my sim created post noght life and can't clean up any dishes. There is not an option ao empty plates and only "eat" on the ones with any thing on them. It is very anoying expecialy sence I intended on makeing here a house wife.

Or I could be totally wrong...
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 September 18, 23:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read on MTS2 that the visitos problem (i.e. insta-leaving) is thought to be caused by the maxMotives cheat. Just thought I'd update...

Yep, that's the same one I'd read about but couldn't remember the correct name of the cheat. Thanks Trubble.  Smiley Like I said before, it makes me wonder if Merola's energizer and multi painting could lead to the same problem if the paintings increase the motives by using the maxMotives cheat. Athough my knowledge of code is nonexistant so I have no idea of what I'm talking about. Just wondering out loud and hoping that the paintings will be 100% ok because I rely on them a great deal.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: