More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:26:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197927 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #325 on: 2005 September 27, 09:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're mad - they're imagining they've missed work.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2005 September 27, 16:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL @ Inge!  It's in the job description:  "Mad" scientist. 

Does it happen every Monday?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2005 September 27, 16:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that problem too. It's only really happened once to me, because I've only played my MS's house once since NL.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2005 September 27, 16:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but it sounds as if it's akin to the handheld/scanner problem.  I had a Sim buy coffee for the Contessa (who she was friends with, but not best friends) and they both developed crushes on each other.  I am resisting the temptation to turn it into love because the Contessa is totally turned-off by my Sim (she is always going on about it), although they are now best friends and get on very well platonically.  Neither has attempted any romantic interactions on the other since the crush and somehow I don't think they're going to.  I don't know if it's the lack of chemistry that's stopping the biting, but I'm getting nowhere fast on that.

I am quite happy to use this facility to create crushes with Sims who have chemistry, but it shouldn't be happening with those who don't, which is what leads me to assume it's a glitch rather than part of the intended gameplay. 

I had this happen the other night while I was playing too. I had Nervous Subject go downtown to try and find a suitable mate. He was striking out left and right, no luck at all. Pascal Curious showed up on the lot so I thought, "well, they're friends, they can get a cup of coffee and chat." So I had Nervous buy a cup of expresso for Pascal, next thing I know, Nervous has a crush on Pascal. Obviously, this is not what I had intended. I think this is such a stupid bug/glitch/"feature"/whatever. While Pascal and Nervous might make a lovely couple, that wasn't the way I wanted it to go. This really needs to be fixed.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2005 September 27, 18:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but it sounds as if it's akin to the handheld/scanner problem.  I had a Sim buy coffee for the Contessa (who she was friends with, but not best friends) and they both developed crushes on each other.

I think, in one of these threads, Maxoid Tom said that would be addressed in the patch.  The original idea was something akin to buying someone a drink at a bar ..
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2005 September 27, 19:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it happen every Monday?
I don't think I've played anyone's house for more than one week yet, but it's happened in every house I've played that had a mad scientist.

Their method of transportation was cars, not carpools, incidentally. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

The weirdos.

-edit-
Oh hang on, I just found one of my guys' houses that was on a sunday evening, and I waited to see what happened.

Yeah, every week, I guess.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 27, 20:42:52 by oyyo » Logged
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2005 September 29, 03:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just with the cars, my Mad Scientist just used up a day of vacation and he takes the carpool.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2005 September 29, 12:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This really sucks.  I have a lot of knowledge sims who are Mad Scientists.  It's good when you have kids and teens in the house because you never need a nanny.  I hope someone figures this bug out soon and fixes it.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2005 September 29, 12:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you guys reported this bug of the mad scientist in the bug form at ts2 site?

Oh i have a bug i'd like you guys to confirm for me, if you can, so i can submit it.
Whenever I move a gravestone that is in a sim's house to the community graveyard, the corresponding ghosts loose all its features. All ghosts at the graveyard turns clear no matter what they died from, and they don't spark or leave puddles or whatever anymore.

Can anyone confirm this?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 29, 12:26:13 by linolino » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2005 September 29, 13:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nutter bug...

Sim came home from work as an ecological guru, to be promptly greeted on the driveway by Grim, but no hula dancers and no inheritence...also no memory amoung the household members of his death, although the daughter displayed the common death reaction as she was standing outside at the time.

lesson? dont die on the driveway!
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2005 September 29, 14:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be a pain and bring this up again but unfortunately the problem came back today. Sad Yesterday Herb Oldie died in platinum (I had reset my neighborhoods to my last backup right before I installed NL). I moved his grave to "Pleasantview Memorial Lawn", and the strangest thing was that his fancy platinum tombstone was now plain grey at the community lot. Perhaps I should have then realized that something was wrong. Today it was Coral Oldie & Olive Spector's time to meet the Grim Reaper. They died, I clicked "move to X" and saved but I then had the same problem with the tombstone would be invisible on the community lot in build/buy mode and visible when a sim goes to the lot. *sigh* Though I'd let you all know. I'll fill out the form at the BBS as soon as I can, right now I have the "icepick-in-my-right-temple" sort of headache.

Bummer, I thought I'd found a way to make the cemetery feature work but the problem with it is above my minimal computer knowledge. I'm going to have to leave it up to Maxis and/or the mods to figure out what's going wrong. So far it's beginning to seem like a nasty new incarnation of the undead/elder bug. Undecided

Maybe it's a bug with Maxis-created sims? My elder sim died in platinum and when I sent him to his family cemetary (custom, made by me) it showed up fine. I honestly winced when it loaded, I was sure something would go wrong!

Sorry about not responding earlier, I've been inundated with non-sims chores.  Sad Perhaps it is a bug with Maxis-created sims, or Herb & Coral sharing two water coolers of Elixir (to raise the kids they adopted) had something to do with it. I'm not sure. Since my computer knowledge is minimal at best it's going to take the modders to figure this one out. I've reinstalled my game, hopefully by the time I have someone die there might be more information about this problem, or even a fix. Though Mortimer will die in about two sim days, I wonder if I'll have any luck moving his grave to my Pleasantview Cemetery lot. I guess I'll save the neighborhood in my backup folder right before he dies and see what happens.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2005 September 29, 19:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you guys reported this bug of the mad scientist in the bug form at ts2 site?
I haven't because I don't feel like registering for a third time. I always forget my info.

I'm not annoyed enough to bother. So someone else might want to.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2005 September 30, 01:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I submitted the Mad Scientist bug earlier today. I wasn't able to produce an error log for it though, so if someone was able to get one for it they might want to resubmit it with the log.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: 2005 September 30, 06:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh i have a bug i'd like you guys to confirm for me, if you can, so i can submit it.
Whenever I move a gravestone that is in a sim's house to the community graveyard, the corresponding ghosts loose all its features. All ghosts at the graveyard turns clear no matter what they died from, and they don't spark or leave puddles or whatever anymore.

I haven't tried the feature yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was WAD, because I think putting them in a proper graveyard sets them at peace.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2005 September 30, 08:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just submitted the Mad Scientist problem and the problem with the graphic options for View Lot resetting every time the game is restarted.  Everyone should take the plunge.....it feels good. The Maxis site is listed here on another thread and you only need to be registered and know everything about your computer.

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2005 September 30, 11:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Maxis looking into the bug where cars get stuck on community lots? I've been asking everywhere for help and nobody's offering any. Is anyone else having this problem repeatedly like me? I've disabled all hacks until a sure-fire list of hacks that work has been come up with (I keep finding hacks on the current lists that cause game problems).

I'm having this problem too and I've only taken single sims downtown. I have 2 accounts one has a totally clean game, no custom content, hacks etc, the other has everything.  I'm having the same problem in both games.  Sims will drive to community lots, but when it's time to go home or to another lot there are "no actions available" with the car. I end up having to call a taxi to get them off the lot.  One thing I have noticed though, when they arrive home they are driving their own car again.
There have been a few posts about this at MTS2 too.
miclsimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2005 September 30, 18:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hipi, have you made sure that the sim that takes the car is the car owner? 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2005 September 30, 18:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Maxis looking into the bug where cars get stuck on community lots? I've been asking everywhere for help and nobody's offering any. Is anyone else having this problem repeatedly like me? I've disabled all hacks until a sure-fire list of hacks that work has been come up with (I keep finding hacks on the current lists that cause game problems).

I'm having this problem too and I've only taken single sims downtown. I have 2 accounts one has a totally clean game, no custom content, hacks etc, the other has everything.  I'm having the same problem in both games.  Sims will drive to community lots, but when it's time to go home or to another lot there are "no actions available" with the car. I end up having to call a taxi to get them off the lot.  One thing I have noticed though, when they arrive home they are driving their own car again.
There have been a few posts about this at MTS2 too.
I've heard about this bug and I was a little anxious when I tried it myself, but now I've taken several sims downtown in their cars with no problems.  The only problem I've had is that Woohoo isn't always available even for couples who are in love and married, but I've not had any problems going home.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2005 September 30, 23:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had the no car actions when

1- the neighboorhood was bloated
and
2- I had no hacks installed.

Since I have been playing a new hood with remakes of old sims and added the crritical fixes I have had no problems.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2005 October 01, 00:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to place a driveway on a community lot? So far alll I've read says nope. I know I can't....

I hate this. Why in the world did Maxis make driveways accessible in a community lot--but not placeable?? What about parking lots?? Grrr.
miclsimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2005 October 01, 13:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no real reason to have a driveway on a community lot.  Only one car comes to the lot and it parks out front on the street.  Parking lots if you want them can be made using Deco Cars.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2005 October 01, 13:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's true. And evidently the fact that the driveway is in the community lot catalogue doesn't mean a thing. it's a mistake.

But a parking lot would be nice. Why didn't Maxis make it where other sims that own cars drive to DT? Oh well.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2005 October 01, 14:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: OS, I stayed with 98 as long as humanly possible, I reluctantly went to 2K on the last box build about 16 months ago. I don't particularly care for XP, I have it at work and while there is lots of eye candy I find it a little too - bloated. I like to keep things simple.

Re: Community lots and cars I haven't had any problems as long as I remember to assign the owner at the home lot, otherwise the car will pull up in front of the phone booth and there is no way for a passenger sim to get in and perform the functions the car offers on a "dream date". If I remember to assign the owner the car pulls up past where the phone booth is and all functions work fine as long as the qualifying factors are in place. (i.e relationship status/attraction etc)

As a work around if I forget to assign the car owner, something I have pretty much always done with community lots, is relocate the phone booth and trash can elsewhere. Typically I put the phone booth in a dark corner by the bathroom(s) indoors which seems to me more typical of rl layouts. When SimPe becomes more stable I plan to remesh the phone booth to something a little more modern and realistic looking.

I also relocate the home mailbox and trashcan as well. I would like to remesh that garbage can as well to something slightly more aesthetic since sims are constantly kicking it over now - I find that if I put it inside, I don't need a compactor and the trashcan never gets knocked over, nor do the sims ever need to "take out the garbage".
miclsimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2005 October 02, 16:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had a problem using MOcheat and moving the garbage can to the rear of the house...near a kitchen door is perfered.
The mail box I have been moving back nearer the house front door.  This in TS2 gave the children returning from school room to get out of the way of others on the bus  and check their grades.  I think this will help when school bus returns same time as parents driving back from work.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2005 October 03, 06:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone seen anything like this?

Moves 3 sims out of Uni when they graduated.

I was able to move them seperatly into houses in the regular neighboorhood, but if I put one in the downtown when it loads there is no sim and no controls.

Combined all 3 together and it loaded with only one missing, but not listed anywhere int he phone book (didn't try turning ont he porter hack)

Used propose to have thier mother invite all 3 back home then moved them out. Moved 2 into normal Neigh houses no problem. Went to Downtown to place the 3rd and in the house I combined them in, were all 3! Have 3 new files in my char files.

Moving those out I then again lost the last single sim and going tothe neighboorhood I now load the houses with thesingle sims that worked fine and they now load with no sim presnt.

God damn it.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: