More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:02:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197936 times)
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #225 on: 2005 September 20, 19:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Unfortunately we shipped some sims with some data that was not quite correct with respect to resurrection.  Those sims are supposed to be "unlinked," but were not marked correctly.
* The errors with the want simulator are innocuous for unique npcs.

Thanks Tom, it's good to get a better understanding of what's going on. Perhaps it's time for me to send the elder Nigmos & Lyla Grunt back to the "great beyond".

I'm still having a dickens of a time setting up a nice community cemetery. No problems sending the tombstones to the lot, either by "move to" or placing the tombstone in a sim's inventory and having them go to the lot and place them. It's screwed up for me after that. When I enter the community lot from the neighborhood view in build/buy mode the tombstones are apparently invisible. If I send any sim from the neighborhood (regular, university or downtown) to the lot, there sits the tombstone right next to the phone. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is some sort of glitch (like a new incarnation of the "undead elder" bug  Shocked). I'd love to be able to get it figured out. There's a bunch of us over on the BBS who are experiencing exactly the same problem and we're all stumped.

Thanks again for all your invaluable help. I don't think I could emphasize enough how much I appreciate it.  Grin

We are fixing some issues with the tombstones in the Nightlife patch.  The tombstone controller was being set up incorrectly if it was versioned and got reset.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2005 September 20, 21:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the 'pee yellow' hack?  I read that this creates problems with the headstones all becoming platinum regardless of death type and other death related things.  I don't know how, but I read about it over at MTS2.

Bane-child, it was me that posted that based on what Brynne said here.  Brynne is the one that discovered this difficulty.  Just want to give credit where credit is due.   Wink

C

Thanks. I love having my name associated with yellow pee.  Cool
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2005 September 20, 21:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be worse, you could be associated with green or day-glo pee.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2005 September 20, 22:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across a couple of weird things (mostly already mentioned).

1. Any sim that attempts to purchase love potions off the gypsy woman will subsequently disappear from the lot a couple of seconds after currency changes hands. It appears to be some sort of temporary deletion thing as saving and reloading the lot means the sim comes back, but without the potion and without the simoleans they've shelled out. And I definitely don't have any of the hacks mentioned in an earlier post in relation to this same problem as problems with CAS when I first installed NL led to me spending the whole of saturday removing all my game hacks from my downloads folder. I believe my espresso machine is still hacked but I can't seem to find the bloody file responsible. Content manager and hack scanner don't pick it up.

2. If I assign a car to a particular sim a blank tip/info box appears in the top right hand corner of the screen with a picture of the new owner in it and nowt else. Also, if a teen attempts to use the car to go downtown a blank message box appears in the middle of the screen with the options 'yes', 'no' and 'cancel' in it. So far I've only clicked yes but I have no idea what I'm agreeing to.

3. Ditto with the child/teen visitor problem. Also, what is it with visitor sims ringing the doorbell after midnight, dragging your sim out of bed, making you greet them and THEN noticing the time and buggering off? Roses on the doorstep doesn't make up for it I'm afraid.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2005 September 20, 22:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the day-glo pee, would that happen to sims unfortunate enough to live next to the nuclear power plant?  Tongue

We are fixing some issues with the tombstones in the Nightlife patch.  The tombstone controller was being set up incorrectly if it was versioned and got reset.

I was finally able to get my tombstones to be visible in build/buy mode so I could set up my cemeteries. This is how I did it-

1. Created community lot for cemetery, named & described appropriately, save lot.
2. Go to residential lot with tombstones, choose "move grave" or "move all graves" (in the case of the Specter lot).
3. After ghosts wave "goodbye" and tombstone disappears, wait for "so and so's grave have been moved, please save etc."-save lot immediately and then go straight back to neighborhood view.
4. Go to community lot (from the neighborhood view in build/buy mode), tombstones are visible and can be moved. Set up cemetery as desired. Save when finished.

I didn't mess with putting the tombstone in the sim's inventory or move any of them to Gothier Green Lawns. I think I was messing the process up when I clicked on "move to X" by not saving immediately, sometimes I'd play the lot a few minutes longer. Not any more, that's for sure! Unfortuantely with all that messing around with the neighborhoods, such as resurrecting sims who maybe shouldn't have been (like Lyla Grunt, Creon & Willow Nigmos) I was concerned about neighborhood stability so I copied the backups I made of the neighborhood right before I'd installed Nightlife over my current neighborhood files. Lost two days play but I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks again MaxoidTom for helping us get all of this worked out. It's good to know that this will be taken care of in the patch but in the meantime hopefully what I've found will help others with the same problem.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2005 September 20, 22:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Any sim that attempts to purchase love potions off the gypsy woman will subsequently disappear from the lot a couple of seconds after currency changes hands. It appears to be some sort of temporary deletion thing as saving and reloading the lot means the sim comes back, but without the potion and without the simoleans they've shelled out. And I definitely don't have any of the hacks mentioned in an earlier post in relation to this same problem as problems with CAS when I first installed NL led to me spending the whole of saturday removing all my game hacks from my downloads folder. I believe my espresso machine is still hacked but I can't seem to find the bloody file responsible. Content manager and hack scanner don't pick it up.

Do you have noroadpillows installed?  I had the same problem, spent about 3 hours over the weekend removing hacks and adding them back in a few at a time, and finally narrowed it down to this one hack.  I have not had the problem again since I took it out, and I've tried on 5 or 6 different lots.

Karen
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2005 September 20, 22:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the problem, but I didn't manage to pinpoint it as I removed all hacks and put in only the ones I would die without. Anyway, it is in the list of Doctor Boris' list of not updated hacks.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2005 September 20, 22:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have to see whith my own eyes Shocked if NL indeed fixes anything! Roll Eyes
Nightlife fix Uni bugs? surely you jest Shocked
« Last Edit: 2005 September 20, 22:48:10 by Bangelnuts » Logged

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2005 September 20, 22:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hacks that are apparently still in my downloads folder are the aforementioned espresso max all needs thing (and I got that one from downloading a lot from the exchange waaaay back before hacked objects warnings were in use) and the annoying new screen which informs me of all the modified content currently in my game says  I have a couple of 'extra' meals from someplace. Any of the admittedly wonderful Pescado hacks I had have been removed and are currently sitting in a folder far far away from my downloads folder until such a time as they can be used safely again.
The Loot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2005 September 20, 23:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom! Need a Q answered!

The "Idle/Dumb Sims at the edge of a lot Lagging the Game" problem...

This is being worked on for the patch, I think I recall you saying?
Or is this from something unrelated to an actual bug?

And if it is being patched, will we have to destroy the lots and redo them, or can it fix them up right?
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2005 September 21, 00:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Maxis looking into the bug where cars get stuck on community lots? I've been asking everywhere for help and nobody's offering any. Is anyone else having this problem repeatedly like me? I've disabled all hacks until a sure-fire list of hacks that work has been come up with (I keep finding hacks on the current lists that cause game problems).
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2005 September 21, 00:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. If I assign a car to a particular sim a blank tip/info box appears in the top right hand corner of the screen with a picture of the new owner in it and nowt else. Also, if a teen attempts to use the car to go downtown a blank message box appears in the middle of the screen with the options 'yes', 'no' and 'cancel' in it. So far I've only clicked yes but I have no idea what I'm agreeing to.

I have this weirdness whenever somebody calls for the gypsy.  At first I thought it was assorted cell phone madness because whenever I have a problem with calling a service, it's on one of those darn cell phones.  But regular phones give the same problem.  A picture of the gypsy appears, along with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons, but I have no idea what the question is (I assume it's something like 'would you like me to help you with all your relationship/vampire problems?'), and when I click yes, the little quote box in the corner is blank aside from her picture.

<insert witty comment here>
snazza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005 September 21, 02:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when you slow the game down with the slow_motion cheat. The sim animations suddenly become unsmooth. It looks like the animation is jumping from one keyframe to the next without the smooth transition in the middle. You know? Could this be a changed graphics setting? I don't know, I have played with the config files to see if it is a setting somewhere. Is it a bonus sims now move like robots upgrade? Maybe someone could check and tell me if it is happening it in their game?
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005 September 21, 02:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this weirdness whenever somebody calls for the gypsy.  At first I thought it was assorted cell phone madness because whenever I have a problem with calling a service, it's on one of those darn cell phones.  But regular phones give the same problem.  A picture of the gypsy appears, along with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons, but I have no idea what the question is (I assume it's something like 'would you like me to help you with all your relationship/vampire problems?'), and when I click yes, the little quote box in the corner is blank aside from her picture.

I had that bug too, it was caused by a certain hack, I don't remember which. I think it was the dailygardener hack. If I remember I'll post here.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2005 September 21, 03:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. look at this: the female teen vampire has different skin tones for the head and the body! bug bug bug bug

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 September 21, 11:39:55 by linolino » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2005 September 21, 05:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed by Shaklin.

Link for the lazy: http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9
« Last Edit: 2005 September 21, 10:54:00 by Jordi » Logged
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2005 September 21, 11:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you running the game in a non-English language?

I have the french version but I've installed it in english language.

I have a UK version so I presume it would work the same  Grin

My friend had a problem where she hired a nanny to look after a child while she was out on a date and called the gyspy and brought a love potion and when it was used the child got taken away by the social... I'm not sure if she has a hack or not... i'd have to ask her.  Roll Eyes
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2005 September 21, 11:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can figure out why this is happening, but it renders aspirations somewhat unplayable for the duration: my female Family aspiration sim is going out on lots of dates and has fallen in love with three men, so far. She has three wants to get engaged, one to each man. I will not let her get engaged, yet. I want her to go out on more dates. Even if I did want her engaged, she can't get engaged to three men. The engaged wants don't roll. If this happens when she falls in love with a fourth man, she will have no playable wants at all. As it is, with just one open, she might tank. The only way I can keep her afloat is by using a cheat, like the Multipainting. If someone is trying to play without cheats, it could get dicey.

I could get her engaged, just to roll the want, and then still date -- but I really don't like all the "had an affair" memories that would ensue, especially with the new "firey anger" stuff if she gets caught.

Perhaps it is just my game, but maybe it is an issue with Family aspiration sims who don't want to get married to the first man after a dream date. If they have to marry the first dream date in order to keep up aspirations, the whole downtown dating thing seems pointless. It would be ok if they didn't fall in love so quickly, but it takes no time at all on a dream date to be wildly in love -- and as soon as they are in love, they want to be engaged. Has anyone else had this happen?

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2005 September 21, 14:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the sims bbs board posted a site with a fix for the karaoke bug. I haven't tried it myself but maybe someone could check it out and see if it does actually work.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=8902ff41e0d4357077d689a766be107e&directoryID=81&startRow=1

The site is here
http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9

I will test it right now!

Edit: Just tested, it's working! Finally I can hear my sims singing. Excellent!  Grin

Are you running the game in a non-English language?

I have it in German and the fix works fine. Now i can hear my Sims singin on the Karaoke only the Anims are out of sync. Next Prob my game cant recognize my Soundcard its a Creative Audigy2 ZS but my Game says unknown in my config.log so i cant play with 5.1 while the sound comes incorrect.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005 September 21, 17:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom! Need a Q answered!

The "Idle/Dumb Sims at the edge of a lot Lagging the Game" problem...

This is being worked on for the patch, I think I recall you saying?
Or is this from something unrelated to an actual bug?

And if it is being patched, will we have to destroy the lots and redo them, or can it fix them up right?

Yes, it is being fixed in the patch(es).  We put some fixup code in there that will attemp to recreate the missing car portal as well, so hopefully you will not have to bulldoze your lot.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2005 September 21, 17:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom:

One issue I have seen mentioned here and elsewhere that has not been addressed:  There is still no way to Plan Outfit...Undies for toddlers using the changing table.  Even after the changing table was fixed in a patch to allow you to Plan Outfit for Everyday and PJ's, there is still no way to use the toddler underwear (diapers) created in Body Shop, because the changing table does not have a Plan Outfit...Undies option.  Are you guys ever going to fix this issue?  People have been bringing this up since the first week that the game was released, a full year ago.  Is there any possibility at all of getting this fix in the NL patch, or in a future EP? 

If you do not intend to fix it, then can you please explain why the option is still there in Body Shop to create custom content that cannot be used in-game?

Karen
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2005 September 21, 17:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom:

One issue I have seen mentioned here and elsewhere that has not been addressed:  There is still no way to Plan Outfit...Undies for toddlers using the changing table.  Even after the changing table was fixed in a patch to allow you to Plan Outfit for Everyday and PJ's, there is still no way to use the toddler underwear (diapers) created in Body Shop, because the changing table does not have a Plan Outfit...Undies option.  Are you guys ever going to fix this issue?  People have been bringing this up since the first week that the game was released, a full year ago.  Is there any possibility at all of getting this fix in the NL patch, or in a future EP? 

If you do not intend to fix it, then can you please explain why the option is still there in Body Shop to create custom content that cannot be used in-game?

Karen

Is this still the case in Nightlife?  As far as I know, the code goes through exactly the same code-path as for the other ages, so as long as there are 2+ outfits in that clothing category, it should appear.  However, since this has been brought up quite a few times, I can look into it today.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2005 September 21, 17:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so we are clear Tom, its the plan undies option that is missing, plan outfit works for pjs and everyday but not undies
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2005 September 21, 17:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When are they supposed to be in their undies, anyway? I've never seen it at all in the game, I don't think.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2005 September 21, 18:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent either, but I dont think that is her point, the point is you can create them but you can't use them. I dont think there ever is an instance to have the toddler change into undies unless you use a mod or boolprop
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: