More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 06:33:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Brief intro and a hack request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Brief intro and a hack request  (Read 12781 times)
Geneva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Brief intro and a hack request
« on: 2006 September 09, 15:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm Geneva,

I have no idea if this is the right area of the forum for this, so I just took a random stab.

Recently I had a computer meltdown and had to do a complete system recovery.  I lost EVERYTHING.  But hey, you live, you learn, you resist the urge to hurl the computer at passing traffic, you have a cup of tea.

Anyhoo I had to start all over again with my Sims 2 downloads - a task that, with a piddly little 56k dial up, was not going to be fun.  A 3MB download can take 45 mins - that is if it doesn't give up halfway through.  Don't even get me started on the Maxis patches.  So while refinding all my favourite hacks at MTS2 I was led here.  This place is great!  I thought of posting my requests there but I figured as you guys would be most likely to do the work I might as well go straight to the source.

So, my gripes and wants...

1) The insessant need to play SSX3!  Even with the fun metre maxed out they HAVE to play that damn game!  Normally I don't mind if they want a fun diversion, but if I can't catch the Sim before they sit down it takes a good 15 Sim minutes to cancel the action - this is extremely annoying if they're already late for work or Uni.  A no autonomous SSX3 hack please.

2)  The even more insessant need to take out the trash.  I left a 4-Sim household alone with regard to the trash obsession for one day, just to see how often they'd do it.  The trash was taken out nine times over a 16 hour period.  There was no trash to take out!  And if you don't realise they're doing it and send them on another task - you know where the trash goes.  I need a hack that will stop this, but will not affect the maid.

3)  One of the main reasons I came here was to get the coffee cup hack.  I can't find it.  I have the punch cup hack, is this the same?.  If not, please direct me to the thread.

My requests may already be here (I have trawled through all lists and indexes) so please point me to the threads I have missed. 

I have a couple of other questions but I'll post them in a different thread.

Cheers,
Geneva
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Brief intro and a hack request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 09, 15:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3>  A quick search lead me to his director's cut.  Go to that thread (in the armory) and load from there.  His other stuff there comes highly recommended also.

1>  Even if you removed the obsession with SSX3, they'd get obsessed with something else annoying when you weren't watching them.  Making them do productive things with their free time requires either proactive effort, or a hack that points them at productive things.  Your best bet is to probably use hacks that specifically point them at useful things, rather than trying to stomp every annoying behavior one at a time.

2>  Uhm, same idea as 1 I think.  I don't know exactly how the advertising is weighted for taking out the trash, as mine usually find something else to do.  Probably because I don't play with too many super-neat sims, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 09, 15:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest abusing purloined community-lot trashcans stuffed into your inventory and hauled home from a community lot. They never need to, and can't be, emptied.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 09, 15:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The macrotastics have a lot of useful functions, such as skillinating, procrastinating, and power idle. They take some of the useless ideas of your simmies right out of their pixel heads. You'll find that in JM's mod section.

Squinge at the InSim site has a snootful of noAutonomous mods, the link for the InSim site is on the MTS2 homepage, at the bottom somewhere.

Monique at MTS2 also has lots of noAutonomous mods, just make a search for Monique over there.

For goodies that are not necessarily in the JMian mod forum, there's the director's cut. But don't forget to go 'shopping' in the TJ and CrammyBoy mod forums, lots of goodies there too Wink

Edited: to add another cool site. A lot of Inge's stuff is available at Nectere's site, The Laden Swallow.

http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php
« Last Edit: 2006 September 09, 15:42:02 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 09, 15:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In answer to question 3: click here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 09, 15:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's definitely a no SSX3 hack, I think it's Squinge's.  I don't have it because mine hardly ever play it and most of them never do.  In fact, now I come to think of it I think Monique's computers have something that stops autonomous play.  The only time I see it is when I've forgotten to replace the normal ones, I think.  Yes, try Monique's pc's, there's oodles of good stuff on those.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 09, 15:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's definitely a no SSX3 hack, I think it's Squinge's.  I don't have it because mine hardly ever play it and most of them never do.  In fact, now I come to think of it I think Monique's computers have something that stops autonomous play.  The only time I see it is when I've forgotten to replace the normal ones, I think.  Yes, try Monique's pc's, there's oodles of good stuff on those.

Come to think of it, you're right, Ancient. I use Monique's computers too, and the only autonomous thing they do on it is chat. Which is fine with me.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 09, 16:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I have a single sims household without one of Monique's computers Cheesy   I use them mainly for study and clothes shopping though.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 12, 03:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a hack made by Inge a while back that keeps sims from playing games on the PC autonomously.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 12, 15:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clothes shopping?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 12, 15:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computer does so many different things that I've been afraid to try it. Though if it allowed sims to autonomously clothes-shop, that'd be way too cool to pass up.

And I already have a no-autonomous-SSX hack installed, so I don't need it for that.

Isn't it strange that a computer game company would create an imaginary world for us to play in where:

a) The computer comes with only one game.
b) The game it comes with isn't the one you're actually playing (me, I'd love to see my sims playing The Sims!).
c) Also the pre-installed game is only available for consoles in real life.
d) You can't buy any other games for your computer.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 12, 15:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can buy the Urbz for the PC....

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 12, 16:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, you can -- there's a game rack that can be on community lots where you can buy two other games for the computer. May not have been part of the base game (don't know, since I never played only the base game), but it's there at least since NL.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 12, 16:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, you can -- there's a game rack that can be on community lots where you can buy two other games for the computer. May not have been part of the base game (don't know, since I never played only the base game), but it's there at least since NL.

D'oh! Shows you how much time I spend shopping on community lots. The last time I tried was when I went hunting in the University shops for those musical instruments my YA sims kept demanding. (D'oh! again.)

Now I'd have definitely stumbled across this is if the games were available on Simazon.com...

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 12, 17:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'd have definitely stumbled across this is if the games were available on Simazon.com...

Actually, I think there's an option on Monique's computer to buy them there. I've never used her computers for that (only clothes, gadgets and groceries), but it would surprise me if that's not there. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 12, 18:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they don't obsess with that it will be something else.  Next hack you'll be wanting is to stop them obsessing on that stupid game - Myshuno.   When fortune sims want a game costing more than 700(?) it's the only choice in my game.  I guess I need a more expensive chess board!  Is there one around?
DJsims has hacks for Myshuno and pinball - on page 4  I've had the Myshuno one in my game for ever with no problems.
http://www.djssims.com/index.php?skip=30&category=10

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 12, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pet peeve of mine that creators make items that don't cost nearly enough for Fortune Sims to be happy with them. I've had to change a whole bunch of prices in SimPE; otherwise, my poor Sims have better-decorated houses than my rich Sims Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 14, 00:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think the problem is that they haven't incorporated any sort of diminishing returns on fun or advertisements of objects.  If the game had the advertisement of an object to a particular sim decrease the more the sim used it, then the sims would move on to something else, or to other parts of the house/business.

It would also make the new object that you drop in the most interesting thing around - causing the whole family to want to use it (nothing annoys me more than purchasing a cool new expensive widget for the family only to have them never touch it because they can't tear themselves away from shuffling cards alone for the millionth straight hour.)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 14, 01:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, depreciating attraction levels in conjunction with depreciated values....

I like it, I like it a lot. Quite possibly the brightest idea I have heard in a while.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 14, 01:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it, I like it a lot. Quite possibly the brightest idea I have heard in a while.

ditto!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 14, 03:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno... the glitch that made the piano only fun the first few times used annoyed me to pieces. If the things I want them to do weren't fun anymore, I think I'd have a problem with it. 'course I wouldn't mind for any of the stuff I don't want them to do or even don't mind if they do sometimes (myshuno, swings, card table), but I need them to enjoy anything they work on (pool, dancing, all the creativity stuff).

Unsouper
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 14, 11:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well since monetary depreciation value doesnt go all the way down to 0, then neither should the attraction. But what I meant was not that it would no longer hold any fun value, but that the attraction values would depreciate in conjunction with the monetary value. You could still make them do it, and they would still gain the same fun vaule, but left to their own devices they would not be as drawn to it or seek to use the item as they did when it was brand new.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 14, 14:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That logic would only make sense for fun objects, though. Consider, for instance, my comfy chair. I'm not less drawn to the comfy chair because it's an old comfy chair. In fact, I like it MORE because it's MY COMFY CHAIR. It has the imprint of my butt firmly pressed into it, which makes it ideally suited for hosting my butt, compared to a new chair which lacks this. Similarly, I am not more inclined to pee in the new terlet vs. the old one, considering them both to be roughly equivalent, or perhaps with a slight favoritism towards the familiar, butt-imprinted terlet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 14, 17:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, the Monique computer can be scary, but I like the fact that it's not a global mod. Like Inge, I use it mostly for the express grocery delivery, clothes shopping, and business stuff studies. The sim also has the opportunity to write articles and get paid for them.

As soon as the skill of logic is maxed out, they can write articles, get paid for it, and also get advancement in the cash register skill. I like that.
Maxed out charisma - write article, get paid for it (around 700 to 800 simoleons), and get advancement in the sales skill.
Maxed out body - write article, get paid for it, and get advancement in the stocking skill.

There are a few more, but I can't remember which goes with what right now. For studying, I use the book-case. I'm pretty sure it's Inge's book case, but don't quote me on that.

I am more or less dependent on the express grocery delivery. I have huge problems with the delivery person; problems to the point of ruining the game play for me. The express delivery option gives me the right amount of food, and it's teleported right to the sim. And why not? You still get charged for it, right down to the delivery fee, you just circumvent the stupid delivery issues.

Another thing I like is the Career feature. You can select any job your sim wants. I mean, come on. When you look at any job related internet site, there are employment opportunities galore, pages and pages of them. Same goes for newpapers. When I open the Sun or the Post, they even have a whole section devoted to employment.

So don't be apprehensive. It's not a global mod. Get it and play around with it, it's fun Cheesy

Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 15, 00:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That logic would only make sense for fun objects, though.
Yes, I think only to fun, maybe to food as well - If you eat pork chops for every meal, soon you should get tired of them and your health will suffer.  Comfort and bathroom would never depreciate - in fact comfort may appreciate - you get used to your chair and your chair form fits to you.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: