More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:14:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*  (Read 20582 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*
« on: 2006 September 07, 19:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL* for TS2FFS v1.0p2
Made by: syberspunk

This is probably an old problem but I first read about it here. This hack is an experimental fix that should prevent dupe graduation related memories when moving graduated around your 'hood.

Note: It is still considered experimental, at least until it has been verified to work for at least a few more people. Especially since, as of yet, I have not been able to duplicate the problem in my own game.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder or a subfolder inside the Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
It should be compatible with Uni and up. Obviously you won't need it if you don't have Uni. Tongue

Please report back if you have problems, or if you find that it does not fix the problem for you. There may be some other code that is running, which may circumvent this fix. In which case, I will have to track that code down, try to fix that as well, and bundle it with this hack.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

:!!:REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

:!!:HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to going steady or engagement/marriage
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

:!!:HOW TO PRODUCE AN ERROR LOG:
1) Open the cheat menu - Ctrl + Shift + C
2) Enable the debug mode - Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
3) Hit Enter Tongue
4) Play as normal until an error occurs. If an error dialog box pops up, note the location of the error log and choose Reset. If the error pops up repeatedly, choose Delete and exit WITHOUT SAVING!
5) Post your error log here, preferably as a .zip or .rar archive.

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Thanks to dusty and Ancient Sim for bringing this to my attention and providing feedback.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

* nogradmemspam.zip (2.6 KB - downloaded 1186 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 November 30, 22:29:36 by syberspunk » Logged

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 07, 19:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is called a FFS hack. Would it be compatible with OFB?
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 07, 19:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FFS is essentially OFB. I'm starting to put FFS in my RTFMs because that's the game environment that I have and what I have personally tested/played with the hacks that I've made. I will usually note in the Compatibility section whether or not a hack is specifically compatible with Only certain EP/SPs and/or specifically does NOT work with any EP/SP.

In this case, this hack should be compatible with at least Uni (because... duh Tongue) and any combination of other EP/SPs. You obviously don't need it if you don't have Uni.

Ste

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 07, 19:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, then. Just making sure. Downloading.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 08, 14:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this hack prevent duplicate "$Subject Graduated With Honors" memory?

I've been paying more attention to my neighborhood memories now Wink, and I noticed that one of my sims had another graduation memory from its sibling's graduation.

The problem is that the graduated sim only moved in once after leaving uni, and the sibling with the duplicate memory didn't move out/in during that period.

Thanks Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 09, 08:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I did it correctly, and I hope I did... heh... I searched for the places where these memories get created and, before the creation step, I check the sim's memories to see if it already exists. The $Subject Graduated memories get propagated after the regular Graduated type memories. So I'm sort of relying on the check to handle both. If, for some reason, a relative managed to get a $Subject Graduated memory without the actual $Subject getting their own memory correctly... this may lead to dupes.

Theoretically this shouldn't happen, since the $Subject Graduated memories should only be created after the $Subject gets their own correct memory. So, unless the game creates those $Subject Graduated memories in another way that circumvents the specific BHAVs I edited/fixed, the hack should prevent dupes for these memories as well. Of course this requires testing. I have yet to duplicate the error in my game/testing environment.

Did your sim get the problem even with this hack installed?

Ste

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 09, 14:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did your sim get the problem even with this hack installed?

This happpened long ago and I noticed it only recently, so I'll install this hack and keep an eye on what happens.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 09, 19:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so people know, this is a preventative hack. It won't go back and fix existing problems. You'd have to use the memory editor in SimPE to do that. Smiley

Ste

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 22, 16:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to ignore this post if it doesn't offer any help new information, but after reading this thread and the one referenced in the OP, I decided to outline the 1 instance I have just had with this issue.

I have a fairly new custom neighborhood that was started with 2 YA's.  They graduated, married, and had twins.  They have moved 5 times.  One was moved into a house, and the other merged.  They lived here until they had acheived perma plat, and a couple of other goals I had for them.  I then moved them into a larger house where they had the twins and raised them.  After sending the twins to college, I didn't play the original couple until the twins had graduated.  I moved them out of their house, built a new one, moved them in, didn't like the house, moved them out.  Built another house, moved them in, merged their daughter back into the household, didn't like the house, moved them all out.  Built another house, moved them all in, finally liked the house.  None of these 3 college graduates has any extra graduation memories.

While the twins were at Uni, I created a brother-sister pair of YA's, and eventually moved them into the Greek house founded by the twins.  They graduated 1 semester after the twins.  I moved the brother into a newly placed Maxis prebuilt lot and he invited to move in his YA fiance.  They haven't moved again.  Neither of them has extra graduation memories.

The male twin had acheived his LTW to earn 100,000 as a teen by running a business.  His business had a profit of around 200,000 by the time he went to Uni, so I bought a bunch of statues, and stuck them into his inventory.  After he graduated, I placed an empty lot, moved him into it, merged his fiance, the sister of the above Sim, sold the statues, saved and exited the lot and moved them back to the Sim Bin.  I then moved them into the Loft lot that came with GLS.  They both graduated Summa Cum Laude and now have additional memories of them each graduating Cum Laude.  The parents and sister of the husband, and the brother of the wife do also have the "Daniel graduated Cum Laude" and "Emily graduated Cum Laude" memories in addition to having the "Daniel graduated Summa Cum Laude" etc. memories.

I was glad to see these threads, to find out why it happened.  I'll fix the memories with SimPE and put in your hack and hope to never see these again.  Let me know if I wasn't clear enough about anything or you have any questions about what I did.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 22, 22:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a very thorough and clearly worded explanation/description, which definitely is great. Smiley I appreciate it. Only, now it seems like there isn't an exact pattern to how duplicate graduate memories occur. In my test 'hood, I tried several different ways of moving a graduated sim in and out and combining, both while on a lot, and while in neighborhood view, all of which have been unsuccessful in reproducing the error. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There might be some edge cases or timing or lord knows what might be involved. Plus, both my "production" and testing environments are relatively small neighborhoods, at least in comparison, I'm sure, to most people who've been playing the game since it's initial release. So who knows if the number of sims might possibly contribute to the problem.

In anycase, what would be of even greater help is that, with the hack installed, you find that you never get the problem again. So far, it seems to have worked for dusty. Which is a good sign, but I just want to rule out mere coincidence, since it doesn't seem like the error consistently happens for every user. Smiley

Ste

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: No Graduation Memory Spam Fix *EXPERIMENTAL*
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 16, 00:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just FYI, during my research for the Grow Up hack, neighborhood size is not a contributing factor.  I had it happen in a 'hood with one playable, about 10-15 dormies, and a small number of townies.  This was a neutron bomb (deleteallcharacters and SimPE cleanup) hood.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 16, 00:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hack works like a charm. I can't possibly thank you enough for your hack. This double graduation memory bug was driving me nuts ever since University came out.

In my game, this bug only happened to Summa Cum Laude graduates. They always get "Cum Laude" dupe memories when they move in to the new house. However they didn't get dupes when they move in to the blank lot. (Don't know about Magna Cum Laude/Cum Laude graduates) Graduates (without honors) never get dupes.  I was so sick of SimPEing that I deliberately kept YAs' grades low.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 16, 12:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah ha!  I bet that's it!  The ones that I found that had the double memories were all Summa.  The ones that didn't were Magna or lower.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: