More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:36:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Not Sims related, but a rant, and help needed. Google toolbar?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not Sims related, but a rant, and help needed. Google toolbar?  (Read 13413 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Not Sims related, but a rant, and help needed. Google toolbar?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 08, 04:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, you said web-classroom.  Are you taking courses that way?  I may pick your brain a little later on that if it's OK - I found out some info about taking the courses I need for Pharmacy and I can take them online so I thought I may do that.

Pick away, my friend. I took a lot of courses over the web classes, and the best thing about them is that I could do the work whenever I wanted to. It's a lot more work than in-class lectures, most professors want to make sure that the students get the work done, but it was still great to be able to have my own schedule. They had webCt for a while, which was okay, not good, not bad, but the online chat-meetings were sometimes a challenge. Then they got Prometheus, which I liked, unfortunately they dumped that one and went with webtycho. It's not difficult to navigate, but it lacks a lot of nice features that Prometheus had. Oh well.

However, I'm sure that you are not concerned about technical issues Cheesy. You'll do just fine, I'm sure. As long as you log in every day and check announcements and such, you'll stay up-to-date. The toughest one for me was the English Lit course. We had to read Louise Erdrich, James McBride, and Margaret Atwood, and I was just dying to be able to discuss those with my classmates. The message board, white board, and the chat-room just didn't feel adequate, lol.

I don't know whether you still have my e-mail address, so I'm PMing it to you, just in case.

Thanks Venusy, I missed that one too. I just got it, and I am truly grateful. Now IE can really be ignored. I owe you a drink Wink

Pimpzilla? Now that I've got to see, thanks for the link Assmitten.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 08, 04:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using Windows, Opera is generally superior.  Firefox 1.5 is Generally Slower, Less Secure, and has less features than Opera.  Fx's bonuses lie in the extensions, but buggy ones can cause all sorts of problems.  Firefox 3.0a1 seems to be a little faster in everything than 1.5, I'm hoping they will keep improving its speed/release the source so I can use it as a browser again.  I just kind of find it a little sad that a "slimmer" browser runs slower than fully loaded suites(Opera and Seamonkey).

As for Linux, it's the same speed as pretty much all the other browsers unless you use a build optimized for your processor.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 08, 04:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Opera, but for some reason it doesn't play nicely with my computer.

Seamonkey? Truly? Never heard of it, but I definitely have to see that one ;)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 08, 05:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
When Firefox and Thunderbird got really popular, the Mozilla Foundation ditched support for the Mozilla Application Suite but provided the source to anyone that still wanted to edit it.  Essentially, Seamonkey is the successor to the Mozilla Suite which includes an IRC Client, News Client, and HTML editor in addition to being a browser.  It can also accept Firefox extensions, but they're harder to remove and still would have the same problems as they do in Firefox.  It looks exactly the same as the Mozilla Suite, so if you thought it was too bulky nothing much has actually changed.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: