More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:04:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  The Clear Default Eyes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Clear Default Eyes  (Read 15037 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
The Clear Default Eyes
« on: 2006 August 27, 06:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or rather the eyes that all of my Sims get when I remove their previous custom eye color.  I thought it would naturally return to one of the Maxis defaults but instead it reverts to this freakish clear color.  I tried changing the color to one of the defaults in Sim PE in the Sim DNA tab but it didn't work.  What should I do?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: The Clear Default Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 27, 06:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I've removed the default eyes, it's always gone back to the Maxis defaults for me.  Undecided
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 27, 11:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would'n happen to have Louis' skins as your default, would you? They have clear eyes painted on them, maybe that's what your getting. My advice, download some contacts and give them some normal eyes manually.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 27, 15:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Bluesoup's back!   Cheesy

I do have Louis' skins, and I use them as defaults so everyone has them!  Grr...why would she do such a thing?  I wonder if I can just remove them from the skin package.  I don't want to have to put contacts on half my neighborhood and then on their children and then their children's children...

Thanks Eleonora!  Grin
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 27, 16:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you could just copy some Maxis eyes, paste them on Louis' skins, and save them (using SimPE). That should make your Sims 'fall back' to that particular Maxis eye colour. However, if you want different colours, you'd still need to give them contacts.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 27, 16:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But contacts are accessories just like glasses, right?

Being so, any new children of those sims would still have the default eyecolor and would also need contacts, because the parents DNA doesn't change.

Modifying the skin's textures is an alternative, however if you deleted many custom eyes, all of them would revert to the same color as defined in the skin file.

But you can always use SimPe's surgery to change the eyecolor of the affected sims, with the bonus that it also changes the sim's DNA.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 27, 16:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually what I'm doing right now.  I'm just changing the clear gray color in the skin files to a nice brown color.

I actually tried changing their DNA in Sim PE but it didn't work.  But I've had a lot of DNA weirdness with Sim Pe.  Are the default eye colors 000000# like it is for skin and hair?
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 27, 17:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing the SDNA entry in the neighborhood file doesn't change the sim's eyes (although it changes the skin). You must edit other resources in the sim's character file; that's what the Sim Surgery plugin does.

But if you want to do it the hard way Wink, here are the standard eyecolor guids:
32dee745-b6ce-419f-9e86-ae93802d2682 = Brown eyes - Dominant
2d6839c5-0b7c-48a1-9c55-4bd9cc873b0f = Dark Blue eyes - Dominant
51c4a750-c9f4-4cfe-801c-898efc360cb7 = Green eyes - Recessive
e43f3360-3a08-4755-8b83-a0d37a6c424b = Light Blue eyes - Recessive
0758508c-7111-40f9-b33b-706464626ac9 = Gray eyes - Recessive
12d4f3e1-fdbe-4fe7-ace3-46dd9ff52b51 = Alien eyes - Super Dominant
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 27, 18:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you edit their DNA then they won't pass along their eyes to their kids though.  I've done this a few times when I got sick of a custom eye color and wanted to make sure that their kids didn't get it.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 27, 21:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After doing surgery or changing DNA, you must have the sim change appearance at a mirror in order for the changes to actually show up. That's a step a lot of people forget and then claim that SimPE surgery doesn't work.

Fail.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 28, 03:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh!  I totally forgot Sim Surgery had an "eyes only" feature.  God bless Sim Surgery.  And God bless Blazej Taylor, the seemingly only Sim in my hood with the default brown eyes (for such a dominant color, it's quite rare).

Eh...scratch that.  I just tried changing their eyes and it only made the problem worse.  Now all the Sims whose eyes I'd tried to change have the lightest skintone for their head and their eyes are still the same.

I'm just going to remove Louis' defaults and find another set of defaults that doesn't impose eye color on me.  Maybe go back to Enayala's...
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 06:54:00 by nikita » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 28, 12:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While you removed the Custom Eyes your Sims lost there Eye Texture Layer. There is no easy way to fix this. Simsurgery would not help you . Your Sims have now no longer Eyes. The texture on the Skintones is an emergenzy Fix from Maxis to prevent you from looking in your Sims Head. They have known this would happen sometimes.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 28, 15:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if a Sim with no eye texture has children with a Sim with eye texture, will the children automatically get the textured Sim's eyes or will it still depend on whether the eye texture that I had removed was dominant or not?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 28, 15:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if a Sim with no eye texture has children with a Sim with eye texture, will the children automatically get the textured Sim's eyes or will it still depend on whether the eye texture that I had removed was dominant or not?
  I am not sure what would happen. Fakt is your Sims Materialdefinition File lacks an entry for the layer who is needet to display an Eyetexture. I think Kids would get an default Eyecolour or the other custom eye if the game could find the texture.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 16:06:23 by Havelock » Logged
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 28, 16:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so it seems that my best option is to download contact lenses and use those on the victim Sims and wait until they die.  Grr...why couldn't I just leave those custom eyes alone?!  Gigs and gigs of downloads and I had to go and prune the 2kb-each eye color files.  Sad
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 28, 16:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breed them out. It will take awhile, but you seriously should've had your eye colors genetically coded so your neighborhood isn't full one set of eye colors. Easy peasy to do in SimPe. I don't put anything in my downloads folder without editting things genetically anymore.

How many Sims are letting you see into their head?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 28, 16:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see into anyone's head, they just have the weird painted on eye color.  It's about 10 of them or so, some are adults who have already had their children and so I don't have to worry about them genetically, but about half have yet to breed and those are the ones I'm most concerned about.  There are a few NPCs who are like that, but they can be easily fixed by just replacing them with clothes with proper eyes.

Genetically code what do to what?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 28, 16:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so it seems that my best option is to download contact lenses and use those on the victim Sims and wait until they die.  Grr...why couldn't I just leave those custom eyes alone?!  Gigs and gigs of downloads and I had to go and prune the 2kb-each eye color files.  Sad
Same here i had an blue eye i was thinking how nice it must be in game. After some time i have seen those Eyes in Game i removed it. Lots of Sims with maxis brown default Eyes. I have first seen something is wrong after i got defaultreplacements. Now i have to fix it on my poor Sims. Its doable but tricky.
I can't see into anyone's head, they just have the weird painted on eye color.  It's about 10 of them or so, some are adults who have already had their children and so I don't have to worry about them genetically, but about half have yet to breed and those are the ones I'm most concerned about.  There are a few NPCs who are like that, but they can be easily fixed by just replacing them with clothes with proper eyes.

Genetically code what do to what?
You could alter there Eyegenetics to Maxis default colors it should work for the Kids but not for the Parents, because the have nothing to display the actual color.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 16:24:20 by Havelock » Logged
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 28, 16:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here i had an blue eye i was thinking how nice it must be in game. After some time i have seen those Eyes in Game i removed it. Lots of Sims with maxis brown default Eyes. I have first seen something is wrong after i got defaultreplacements. Now i have to fix it on my poor Sims. Its doable but tricky.

So why did yours go back to a Maxis default and mine didn't?  Could it be because I have default replacements in my game?  Have you tried taking out your default replacements...which I'm going to do right now...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 28, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Genetically code skins (in SimPe) to not override Maxis skins. So if I download a set, the pale is set to be equal with Sim skin 001 the slightly tan is equal with 002 and so on and so forth. Or in some cases (as with skins with tattoos or scars, I set them to be LESS dominant that the pale skintones so I will hopefully get a skintone that is NOT tattooed or a celebrity skin on each baby).

Eyes are coded to be recessive or dominant.

Hair colors are familied and binned.

All in SimPe, give me a sec and I will find the link to the tutorial...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2966.0.html

Editted to include link and because havelock answered their own question. =p

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 28, 16:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why did yours go back to a Maxis default and mine didn't?  Could it be because I have default replacements in my game?  Have you tried taking out your default replacements...which I'm going to do right now...

Mine were back to maxis brown Eyes because my Skintones have the brown Eye on it. Your Default Replacements have the describet color insteed of an Eye. Thats wy yours have the strange Eyes. I got Default Eye Replacements (to clear things up)  Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 August 28, 16:40:37 by Havelock » Logged
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 28, 16:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Genetically code skins (in SimPe) to not override Maxis skins. So if I download a set, the pale is set to be equal with Sim skin 001 the slightly tan is equal with 002 and so on and so forth. Or in some cases (as with skins with tattoos or scars, I set them to be LESS dominant that the pale skintones so I will hopefully get a skintone that is NOT tattooed or a celebrity skin on each baby).

Thanks for the link.  I already have my hair familied and binned (through DatGe though, not Sim Pe) and I use default skin replacements so other than those 4, I don't have any other custom skins in my game so that's not really an issue.  I'll have to source out my eye files and fix those though.

Yeah, removing the defaults didn't change anything.  I'll just go with the contact lenses.  So what is this tricky but doable fix, Havelock?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 28, 16:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Datgen to do my hair too, apparently the new plugin for SimPe is even easier to use, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 29, 13:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link.  I already have my hair familied and binned (through DatGe though, not Sim Pe) and I use default skin replacements so other than those 4, I don't have any other custom skins in my game so that's not really an issue.  I'll have to source out my eye files and fix those though.

Yeah, removing the defaults didn't change anything.  I'll just go with the contact lenses.  So what is this tricky but doable fix, Havelock?

Hmm. The only way what fixed this prob for my Sim was to export him with Simpe. Opened Bodyshop cloned him, addet a Eyecolor and saved the Clone. After that i exportet the materialdefinition of the cloned Sim. Opened the Patientsim and replaced his materialdefinition with the cloned one and renamed it to the old mmat name. But i would not recommend to do this to your sims. There is a big chance to fubar your Patient Sim. Get them nice Contacts. Its saver. Wink
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 29, 16:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah that sounds pretty fubarific.  I just downloaded a bunch of contacts, which I'm actually quite enjoying.  I just have to go and change some of the turn-offs of a few Sims as I had set "full face makeup" as a turn-off for some good-looking townies.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: