More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:58:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?  (Read 89418 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
« Reply #250 on: 2006 September 02, 17:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic and away from the grammar rants, I've got Glamour Life installed and it hasn't caused any major glitches, but I've got some issues with my custom content and my hacks. Some of my custom content works, some doesn't. My phone hack didn't seem to be working either, which made me wonder if my other hacks were working or not.

For the custom content, it seemed like most of my hair was fine, but most of the objects (furniture) were gone. I'm a touch overwhelmed by my downloads folder, so wondering if anyone has any suggestions for figuring out what's working and what isn't? :}

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2006 September 02, 17:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the mini-image: SIMS2SP2_MAXI.rar

You'll need something that hides the Safedisc 4 blacklist for you (ie. CureROM, sd4hide, etc.) for it to work. Windows 2000/XP users can use file compression to keep the file small (right click>Properties>Advanced>Compress contents to save disk space), Safedisc 4 onward checks the size of the image, so that's why.
Anyone interested can see how it's done here: http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=76736

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 September 02, 17:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh. Ignore my post above. I was trying to be good and stick to one topic for the subject and didn't realize this had been discussed in a post further down.

Reloaded the game and everything seems to be back. :}

Firestorm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 September 05, 23:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the mini-image: SIMS2SP2_MAXI.rar

Thank you Argon, that is so incredibly nice of you!!!  Smiley
Kiwidoggie
« Reply #254 on: 2006 September 25, 02:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone out there know how or where I can get the SimPE for glamour life.  The site is not giving me the link and whenever I download the one that is there it tells me I am downloading the wrong one.  Please help me
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2006 September 25, 03:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest release of 0.58 should include compatibility for GLS.

http://sims.ambertation.de/files/SimPE-Setup-0.58.exe

Ste

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2006 October 18, 10:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dyslexia, so sorry but tough Wink

Brain disorders are no excuse for lazyness :p

You misspelled laziness. Even I know that, and English is my second language! Tongue

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2006 October 18, 11:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, why are you capitalizing words that should not be capitalized?  (mean, people, stick).

Capitalization of nouns within a sentence is common in German, which is probably Havelock's native language. Doing so was once common in English as well.

Then there are the dutchies, who don't even capitalise 'proper' nouns, such as the names of languages and months. For example, 'oktober' would not normally be capitalised when writing in dutch, nor would 'dutch' for that matter. Also, in Germanic languages, words are run together, so that what in English would read as 'car insurance company' would be written as 'carinsurancecompany' in a Germanic language. Speakers of these languages often work around this by hyphenating (car-insurance-company) when translating into English. Try to keep these things in mind when judging reading other people's posts, as not everyone here is a native english-speaker  Tongue

I think the REAL problem is that humour, particularly sarcasm, doesn't translate well over the internet.

[/soapbox rant]

EDIT: The above problem is nothing that can't be fixed by adding LOTS OF SMILIES  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Kiss
« Last Edit: 2006 October 18, 11:15:49 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2006 October 18, 12:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Handy excuse...  I can blame my dutch descent for my tendency to never use capitals!
cellestia
« Reply #259 on: 2006 October 21, 01:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with custom content showing up in my CAS I ahve talked to some toher ppl who have the same type of problem the only way I can get the cc to show up is to move it into my saved sims folder
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: