More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:16:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?  (Read 89459 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Re: Ok Glamour is installed. Anyone have questions?
« Reply #150 on: 2006 August 30, 20:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder...

Do they expect people to pre-order 3 copies of the damn buggy Stuff Pack, or do they pretty much expect that everyone will steal whatever items they couldn't get legally? Way to encourage piracy, Maxis. They're practically begging us to do it.

It's like showing an addict three different drugs, telling them they can only have one, and then locking them in a closet with all three laid out on a shelf. You KNOW what's going to happen. You can't pitch a tantrum about it afterwards.

This is part of why piracy is rampant. Paying for stuff doesn't get you good results! Either the game is so buggy that it isn't worth the money, or the company has let you down so often that you feel you have to "check" the item before you actually pay for it, or, like in this case, paying for it will leave you lacking something. Having items out there that match the items in the stuff pack, and then telling you you can't have two of those items, is just inviting people to get those items regardless of legality.

I definitely couldn't have said that better myself, I totally agree with this!! Silly Maxis!!
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 August 30, 20:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you both mean ... there are so many awaful meshes out there! My only real complaint with the maxis meshes is that there isnt enough varity ... gimmy more maxis ... and that they need to have 2 more body sizes, really skinny and really fat, at either end of there limited body size scale Smiley

I agree with you there too Eleven, of all the clothes they put out for the Sims, perhaps a quarter of them, if not less. look aweful if you decide to keep some sims on the fat side for more variety and reality!! Huh
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 August 30, 21:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish the fat mesh had the fat distributed in a more realistic way. Not all weirdly proportioned and repulsive, just overweight.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 August 30, 21:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean, thicker arms and legs instead of Growth Hormone Belly and Wrestler Ass?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 August 30, 21:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder...

Do they expect people to pre-order 3 copies of the damn buggy Stuff Pack, or do they pretty much expect that everyone will steal whatever items they couldn't get legally? Way to encourage piracy, Maxis.

Yea, it's a load of bullshit! Just for that, they can 'stuff' their stuff packs...lol  I'm joining the bandwagon to not buy any of them until they come on sale (possibly as a pack grouped all together)!  Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 August 30, 21:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm weak, I'll be getting this pack, but because it caters to things I want. Fancy stuff.

Now the Family Pack...probably never. Children don't last long enough in the game to justify decorating their rooms like that for 5 days. Easier to decorate them nice and generic like for their teenage years.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Coolness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 August 30, 22:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This outfit was enough to convince me to download it....it was worth the time it took to download for free.  I like the new furniture and men's formals.  The winter coats are hot!

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 August 31, 00:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course they're hot! Who needs winter coats WHEN THERE IS NO WINTER WEATHER!!!! [/rant]

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 August 31, 00:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course they're hot! Who needs winter coats WHEN THERE IS NO WINTER WEATHER!!!! [/rant]

rofl. Good one!

Look at the tie on at outfit though.  It looks so painted on.  I've seen better jobs done by beginners.

I'll still debating wether or not to keep it.  I'm not happy that it changes your data files so that you can't go back to a previous version of the game.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 August 31, 00:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about the body shapes and sizes. What about muscle-y guys and weedy guys, and flat-chested girls?

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2006 August 31, 00:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look at the tie on at outfit though.  It looks so painted on.  I've seen better jobs done by beginners.

It does, but all the textures in that shot suck.  I'm thinking the graphics aren't set to max, that's all.

Still thinking if I'm going to get this one.  And I'm still leaning toward my original thought which is: wait till the price goes down.  A lot.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 August 31, 00:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This glamour tour certainly persuaded me that it is not worth the money - despite the author's apparent enthusiasm.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=112514&asset_type=story&user_id=2765660

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 August 31, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, while we're speaking of body shapes (sorry to interrupt, LK and rohina)...

What about height! Why are all sims of a gender and age group the same height! I'm taller than most of the guys I work with, not to mention the ladies. (And that's without wearing my stilletos!) SimElfPuddle should be able to tower over her neighbors, too!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2006 August 31, 00:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, while we're speaking of body shapes (sorry to interrupt, LK and rohina)...

Off topic!  Off topic! Tongue

Yeah, I know what you're saying with height.  It's never really bothered me--but how hard would it have been to have height be a genetic quality passed down through generations? Kind of a big detail Maxis left out (no doubt, though, a "feature").

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2006 August 31, 01:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As usual, Maxis textures leave a lot to be desired. So I'm evaluating this package more in terms of new meshes.

I actually like Maxis textures, as a rule, and I've been having a hard time finding dressy clothes that don't turn all of my female sims into a freakshow- like the impossibly tiny waists of most of the Sim Chic meshes.  If I do decided to purchase this pack, it will be for the nice dress meshes. 

Appparently many of us (incl me) like our simmies to look like barbies becausse I always hate how loose the stupid Maxis female clothes look.
But I can't wait to hear more about the new Glam male clothes. Look pretty cool (especially the ones with a tie and a sweater?)

By the way, not a lot of folks actually recolor FFS meshes  (clothes) on a regular basis, so I doubt Glam pack will change the situation.

Go Away
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2006 August 31, 04:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it, but it was free.  I had a $20 coupon for Bestbuy and I bought my son a game and this.  So, no money lost, which is cool because this pack sucks ass juice.  It only has a few nice things so I'm glad I paid nothing.

When the next expansion comes out I'll use another $20 coupon (my Bestbuy Rewards rock) and get it cheap.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 August 31, 05:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've seen of the pack, a half an hour of downloading would get be better stuff. I already have so much Simstuff on my computer, I don't really need more. Except for male hair and clothes, and more doors and windows. I really wish some artist or other would start concentrating on making hair as seen on male models in magazines. As for clothing, I'm just about desperate enough for new male clothes to crank up Bodyshop myself again Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 August 31, 06:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That tux looks pretty cool. I'm sure the tie looks better with a better graphics card, it's probably bumpmapped- a lot of maxis stuff looks fuzzy until you see it on a better computer/high detail, and then it's like, wow! Why did I need to download all this stuff again? Like I didn't even realize all those generic formal dresses actually had a really subtle pattern until I saw it on a fancy computer, and it no longer looked like just a flat, solid color. If your graphics aren't so hot, a lot of the user made stuff looks better because they design the textures for you to see them, and so they look better than the maxis stuff at a lower resolution.

I mean it would be crazy to have them show up at a party barefoot, but, I dunno, a wedding on the beach maybe? It would fit with a theme I have going in my game.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006 August 31, 07:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one advantage I see in these packs is that the new clothes will be able to be used by new townies.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 August 31, 08:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidMoonBelly just uploaded a large amount of lots.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 August 31, 09:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont normally enjoy her thing's very much, but a couple of those are quite nice.

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 August 31, 09:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her thing's what?
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 August 31, 09:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxiod moodbelly/happymoonbelly....

anyhow, she's got GL gowns up to

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006 August 31, 09:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You posted "her thing's very much" or "her thing its very much". What is a "very much"?
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 August 31, 09:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, all I ment is that I dont like the things she make's that often Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: