More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:19:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Earn 100K Lifetime Want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Earn 100K Lifetime Want  (Read 19687 times)
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Earn 100K Lifetime Want
« Reply #50 on: 2006 September 19, 19:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very easily above the 80,000 mark... I married the Diva into a legacy (/me glad that /me doesn't count points) and I could upgrade that small shack to a large 2 story mansion deluxe plus two luxury cars plus various entertainment objects. The last thing was probably pretty dumb to do, as I bought almost the same items back that I had previously sold. Ahh well, who needs planning? Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 October 19, 23:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering - do servo's count as normal sims for financial calculations?  Like marry a rich sim and inherit from dead sims?

Gary, the romantic mechanical wizard made his fortune with a home business selling robots.  He initialised a servo to help him run the business and when I realised it was a romance servo Shocked, Gary made a second female servo to keep him satisfied.   If some gold-digging sim proposes to and marries Gary, he'd count as rich if he is living alone (ie if the servos don't count) because he's worth over 50k.  If the servos count, then he'll have to have 500,000k in cash in order to take 50k with him.  That's a big difference!  And it leaves the romance servos with 450k plus the assets!   

So are servo's real sims?  Do we want them to be?
I guess I can test it when I've finished chasing the sick bug around my 'hood again.  Sickness may not spread on community lots any more, but it sure spreads in home businesses! 

If servos count,  I guess she'll have to move in with him (but that requires him to take the lead on marriage and he's a romance sim!)  or I'll have to move the servo's out first to leave him alone - that's just annoying.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 October 20, 01:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are servo's real sims?  Do we want them to be?

Yes, servos are treated just like any other playable sim, so if he moved out, he'd get his percentage, and the servos left behind would be very rich.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2006 October 20, 17:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That figures, but boy does that suck!!!
right ..... plan B ..........  move the servos out so she can ask him to marry her and get all the dosh.  He's "working" up to woohoo with 10 sims so he isn't going to propose to her anytime soon.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2006 October 20, 18:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only get inheritances through deaths from old age - nothing else.
Damn! That's blown my pose as a hard-core maniac. Truth is, I have never actually killed a Sim before their time. Now you all know I'm just a big girl's blouse.  Embarrassed

Being a 'black widow' can be quite lucrative for a lazy sim who doesn't like to work, though it doesn't count toward LTW, as there is no actual earning of money. I have Brandi Broke moving in rich downtownies, killing them off almost immediately, and then selling their urnstones for $150 a pop. I may have to change her name, because she's not so 'broke' anymore. And with the 'no townie respawn' hack, I end up with fewer of those annoying townies, which is always a good thing. Grin

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 October 20, 19:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That figures, but boy does that suck!!!
right ..... plan B ..........  move the servos out so she can ask him to marry her and get all the dosh.  He's "working" up to woohoo with 10 sims so he isn't going to propose to her anytime soon.

As far as I know, servos can't move out on their own. I've tried it, and it doesn't work. When you tell the servo to find its own place using the newspaper, it picks up the paper and sits down with it, as usual, but then just sets it down on the nearest surface.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2006 October 20, 19:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He initialised a servo to help him run the business and when I realised it was a romance servo Shocked, Gary made a second female servo to keep him satisfied.

Servos take on the characteristics of whoever initialises them, so if a knowledge sim with maxed skills initialises the servo, then the servo will be a knowledge servo with maxed skills.

travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 October 21, 01:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He initialised a servo to help him run the business and when I realised it was a romance servo Shocked, Gary made a second female servo to keep him satisfied.

Servos take on the characteristics of whoever initialises them, so if a knowledge sim with maxed skills initialises the servo, then the servo will be a knowledge servo with maxed skills.

Yup, servos take on the traits of the one who turned them on. This also includes personality.
Unfortunately, this doesn't include badges, or permaplat status for that matter.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2006 October 21, 05:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that want by using Carrigons money tree. Worked like a charm and took less than 2 minutes. Smiley

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: