More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 04:23:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Collections
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Collections  (Read 4927 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Collections
« on: 2005 September 11, 03:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you put objects into a collection can you delete it from the regular catalog or will that delete it completely from the computer?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Collections
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 11, 03:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can delete the object from the regular catalog, AND it will be deleted completely from the computer.

But - the collection folder in which you put it will remain, unless you delete the whole collection folder or through the regular catalog (throw to trash), either by enter the EA Collections folder and delete it from there.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 11, 22:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar question, which will probably make me sound stupid but I have always wondered.  If I download a Sim and make a playable Sim with said downloaded Sim in CAS, can I then delete the original downloaded Sim from BodyShop?  I have loads of these Sims that I know I will never use again because I've already got them in my game. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 11, 23:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It make sense that the CAS downloaded sim is only a "frame", so if you created an active sim using this "frame" - you can after that delete the "frame".

The "frame"  doesn't have specific personality - it's "card blank".

I did it many times, because I didn't like the active sim's look. Nothing can happen to your active sim - he is here to stay...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 12, 01:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I, say, make a collection of SimGedoehns bathroom stuff, I can then delete it from my downloads folder, but it will stay in Collections?  then, instead of hunting through various different sections of the menu to get what iI need, I can have it all in the one place?

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 12, 04:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I, say, make a collection of SimGedoehns bathroom stuff, I can then delete it from my downloads folder, but it will stay in Collections? then, instead of hunting through various different sections of the menu to get what iI need, I can have it all in the one place?

ZZ, read carefully what I have written...Smiley: if you have your own downloaded special collection folder - it's placed is in the Collection folder, right?

But when you enter the game, you can throw to the trash any object from that collection - the REST objects will remain in the new collection folder.

Suppose you want to delete the tub and the toilet, because you don't like their view; you can do it or when you play the game, either by enterring the folder from outside. But the shower and the sink will remain still in the new collection folder.

If you want to delete, when you are in the game, ALL the downloaded objects from that folder - you have to enter after that (when you exit the game) the Collection folder from outside, and delete the FOLDER, which is empty.

Comprende?...Smiley
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 12, 05:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I answered my own question.  When you delete something, (in clothing, anyway) it is gone.  If you put an item in a collection, then delete the item from the main catalog, it is gone from both, totally.  I'm sure it is the same with other collections.  To me, that kind of defeats the purpose of the collections.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 12, 05:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a collection is really just a set of pointers, right?  So that makes sense.  Delete it from the catalog or whatever, and it disappears from the collection.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 12, 06:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was what I thought.  Gali, I think I must have misunderstood you.  Sorry. Embarrassed

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 12, 07:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's OK, ZZ...Smiley.

...Some coffee? Isn't it 4 AM at your place?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 12, 13:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably was, but it's 2.13 PM now.  I think my eyes are awake now.

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 12, 22:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was hoping you could put stuff into a collection, then remove it from the general catalog so you didn't have to scroll through all the stuff everytime.  I have a collection of vintage and older clothing that I don't use much and wanted to get it out of the regular catalog and just have it in a collection for when I needed it.  Oh, well, wishful thinking I guess.  Guess I'll have to tade ZZ's route and organize all my downloads so I can take out what I don't use often and only put it in when I want it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: