More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:58:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who would like the most awesome one to make a hack SPECIFICALLY to disallow the Sims automonously making Lobster Thermidor at home?  (Voting closed: 2006 August 27, 05:22:19)
OMG! I will worship you forever.  Lobster Thermidor must be DIE! - 51 (46.4%)
What do I need that for? - 38 (34.5%)
I obstain from a vote because I don't believe in democracy. - 11 (10%)
Sims?  What's a Sim? - 10 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor  (Read 27612 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
« on: 2006 August 17, 05:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The poll says it all.  PLEASE MAKES US THIS!

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 17, 05:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, you realize if you let them not make lobster, they'd just find the next most annoying thing to make?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 17, 05:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then you will have to make another!!!   Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 17, 05:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing else annoys me but the Lobster.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 17, 05:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't lobster have a higher chance of burning than anything else, or is that a myth?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 17, 05:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard it was a 20% failure rate.  But then again I could be lying.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 17, 05:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing else annoys me but the Lobster.
THat's what you say when it's the only thing they'll make. Just watch how annoyed you'll be when the only they'll make is now Baked Alaska. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 17, 05:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my Sims to  make Lobster Thermidore.

Therefore I vote What do I need that for?  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 17, 05:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were playing in an appropriately awesome manner, the question of what a sim would be cooking would never come up.

USE MACROTASTICS! It's More Awesome Than You!

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 17, 05:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do.  I just don't use the shutup and sit down one.  So sometimes they will idle off to my (gasp) unlocked open floor plan kitchen and when they have abused the skillinator to max the cooking skill... BINGO!   Lobster thermidor.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 17, 06:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an unawesome hack out there that stops all food burning. Ever since I installed it, I haven't been annoyed by Lobster or any other highly-flamable foods that sims love to make.

What exactly do you hate about Lobster? It fills hunger well, they don't take forever to eat it, and it doesn't take much longer to make than many other foods. It's much better than Turkey, at least, since Turkey seems to make sims fat very fast.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 17, 07:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lobster costs a princely ransom to make. Turkey only makes sims fat if you insist on feeding them when they're not hungry, and like pork chop, is highly filling, so you don't have to feed them often. Food costs money, and I hate food.

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 17, 08:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try not to get my sims that high a level in cooking, simply because every 2 days they need to stock up on food :/

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 17, 08:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put them all on strict rationing and *I* decide when, and IF, they eat. Food costs money!

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 17, 10:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't lobster have a higher chance of burning than anything else, or is that a myth?
I heard it was a 20% failure rate.  But then again I could be lying.

This is the way I understand it:

When sims skill up to a level that allows a new food item, sims have a 20% chance of burning that new food. Once they skill up to one level above the level required to prepare that certain food, the chance goes down to 10% (unless it is the first time they are preparing that food, then it's still 20% until after they have cooked it without burning it at least once).

Since they can't learn to cook lobster thermidor until the last cooking level of the game, they will always have a 20% chance of burning it since they would need to go up another level for it to drop to 10%, which is impossible to do.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 17, 10:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is only a 20% failure rate, then mine are feverishly working to get that percentage in. They are forever burning it. I try to be vigilant and head them off at the pass, but ever so often they slip by and cook/burn that blasted lobster. Of course, once burned, it still costs the same amout of money, but it doesn't have the fill-up value. It's gotten to the point where I get angry when I see them wandering by with that big package and heading to the stove. If they would make anything else, it would not annoy me as much as that very expensive, burned, bug-like creature. Even the piss-poor ones go for the lobster; they have little money, so even having lobster available to cook doesn't make sense in the first place.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 17, 10:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do what I do; flip the fridge towards the wall. Works like a charm, even with nannies. (Just don't forget to unflip it every now and then  Tongue)

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 17, 12:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why I have the simlogical fridge. I refuse to even give them a fridge if I can't find that hack. I'd rather cheat my brains out and give them the all-in-one NPC who cooks for them. It isn't actually bad cheating if you turn on the "pay NPC hourly" option, which takes out like... 10-15 dollars a hour.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 17, 12:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is only a 20% failure rate, then mine are feverishly working to get that percentage in. They are forever burning it. I try to be vigilant and head them off at the pass, but ever so often they slip by and cook/burn that blasted lobster. Of course, once burned, it still costs the same amout of money, but it doesn't have the fill-up value. It's gotten to the point where I get angry when I see them wandering by with that big package and heading to the stove. If they would make anything else, it would not annoy me as much as that very expensive, burned, bug-like creature. Even the piss-poor ones go for the lobster; they have little money, so even having lobster available to cook doesn't make sense in the first place.
Thank you Veilchen, you summed up how I feel very well.  And I've tried the other methods of turning the fridge around or the Simlogical fridge, but that really gets on my nerves too.  If that works for you that's great.  Currently I am trying out JM's idea of locking the kitchen with the APO, but the thing I don't like about it is that they get stuck in the kitchen and can't leave unless I tell them to or macrotastics tells them too.  They'll be standing there with the BUY icon flashing over their head, and they can't exit the kitchen.  Sad  Sometimes I have to unlock the kitchen when I want them to have dinner with a date, and I forget to lock it back.  So it works ok, but it's not perfect either.  Sad  The other thing that I tried was using the Simlogical hob that only has stovetop functionis.  Then they can't cool lobster, but they can't cook other things as well.  But it does work rather well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 17, 12:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Veilchen, you summed up how I feel very well.  And I've tried the other methods of turning the fridge around or the Simlogical fridge, but that really gets on my nerves too.  If that works for you that's great.  Currently I am trying out JM's idea of locking the kitchen with the APO, but the thing I don't like about it is that they get stuck in the kitchen and can't leave unless I tell them to or macrotastics tells them too.  They'll be standing there with the BUY icon flashing over their head, and they can't exit the kitchen.  Sad  Sometimes I have to unlock the kitchen when I want them to have dinner with a date, and I forget to lock it back.  So it works ok, but it's not perfect either.  Sad  The other thing that I tried was using the Simlogical hob that only has stovetop functionis.  Then they can't cool lobster, but they can't cook other things as well.  But it does work rather well.
Lock it against "autonomous". Then sims will be able to enter and leave freely under a user-priority directive like BUY, but will not be permitted to enter for an autonomous-priority action.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 17, 12:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why I have the simlogical fridge. I refuse to even give them a fridge if I can't find that hack.

I agree -- as soon as they can afford it, the original fridge goes out the door, and the simlogical no-autonomy fridge goes in.  Though I play with free will on, in this one case I agree with JMP and don't want them randomly making food on their own.  I usually have the cook with the highest skill points serve food, and then put the leftovers in his/her inventory for later use.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 17, 13:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lock it against "autonomous". Then sims will be able to enter and leave freely under a user-priority directive like BUY, but will not be permitted to enter for an autonomous-priority action.
I did that.  They still have problems with BUY, although sometimes it will finally grab them and they'll run, but other times they get stuck in there, and occasionally, if I don't catch them in time, after a while they'll get bored and cook lobster anyway.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 17, 13:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did they get INSIDE in the first place?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 17, 13:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent them there to eat via macrotastics or to Make many and they got tired.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 17, 13:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent them there to eat via macrotastics or to Make many and they got tired.
If they were eating by Macrotastics, they would have left to an eating surface after making their food.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: