More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:40:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lifetime want weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime want weirdness  (Read 8574 times)
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Lifetime want weirdness
« on: 2006 August 16, 16:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just this past weekend started a new neighborhood.  I did not DAC, but I did go into the occupied houses in the University and Blue Water Village subneighborhoods and evicted the Maxis characters, then deleted them from the Sim Bin, before creating 2 new Sims in CAS and moving them into their own houses. 

I created these sims to have 3 bolt chemistry for each other, both are Knowledge sims, who had the original LTW to max all 7 skills.  They each lived alone until they had reached perma plat status.  I then had them fall in love and get married.

Neither one rolled a second LTW.  And the Servo I had the wife initialize didn't show a LTW until I changed her aspiration.  I tried changing the wife's aspiration to fortune and then back to knowledge, while she was fortune she had a new LTW, but once she was again knowledge, no LTW.  They are just now expecting their first (possibly only) child, so I don't know if it will affect future generations or not.

I recently cleared out most of my CC, only about 150 total files in my downloads.  I did have both TwoJeffs college adjuster and the FFS Lot Debugger on the lots at the same time and tried to reroll the LTW with each to no effect.  I am at work so don't have access to my Downloads folder, but do have most, not all of Pescado's mods, quite a few of TwoJeffs, as well as some from Inge, Squinge, Monica's email, and a few other mods, I don't remember offhand.  I do have SimPE, but other than basic tweaks to character files, I don't know how to use it very well.  I haven't made any adjustments to this neighborhood using SimPE.

Any ideas of what is going on and what to do about it would be appreciated.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Lifetime want weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 16, 16:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have JMP's LTW variety mod?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 16, 16:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without being able to look at my downloads, I think yes I do have the LTW variety mod.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 16, 16:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then your Sims may not qualify for a different Knowledge LTW due to their interests and personalities.

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 16, 16:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the feeling that Maxis has been fiddeling with the LTW's since OFB. Whenever I use Vincent's Sim Modder to reroll a LTW, I NEVER get the 'maximize 7 skills one'. Perhaps they have taken it out because to many sheeple were complaining it was too hard? And the pre-OFB ones who did have are a little screwed up because off this?

(FYI I don't have JMP's LTW variety, I determine LTW manually anyway)

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 16, 16:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max 7 skills hard?  Nah, you just need to abuse the smart milk and thinking caps.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 16, 16:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they did that, they they should've taken out the simultaneous loves one as well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 16, 16:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they did that, they they should've taken out the simultaneous loves one as well.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen that around anymore either.....  Huh

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 16, 16:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was personally thrilled to get the max 7 skills LTW.  They both fulfilled it within 2 weeks, never missing a day of work, with no career rewards to aid them.  I do make liberal use of the Make Me Smart function of the Lot Debugger.

Oh, and thanks Avalikia, I won't worry that my neighborhood is doomed from the get go.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 16, 19:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to be the party pooper, eamethyst, but your neighborhood IS doomed. Deleting sims from the Sim Bin is a leading cause of BFBVFS. If I were you, and because the neighborhood is so new, I would deleted the neighborhood and do it again. This time, however, if you must kill the maxian sims, actually kill them off: drag them to a lot however you'd prefer and kill them.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 16, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in all fairness i have deleted quite a few sims via simsbin (before coming here and reading of BFBVFS) and nothing bad has happened to my game.  Don't stress

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 16, 21:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it will.  Deleting sims from the bin is a VBT.  It's better to kill them off in the game.  And even better than that is to use DAC before playing any new neighborhood.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 17, 04:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look around in the peasantry forum you'll find a couple of things you might find useful for next time.

* A tutorial on using Delete All Characters, post OFB.
* The default unis, downtown and bluewater village stripped of characters.  Very useful if you want to add a Maxis made uni (for example) without adding the Maxis made playables.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 17, 10:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen that around anymore either.....  Huh

I just realised what's causing this *smacks forehead*, i haven't got uni installed anymore, meaning I have the Nl version of the LTW's. And apparently for some strange reason only known to Maxis they haven't included the max 7 skills, 20 lovers/woohoo's/friends LTW's. I guess they thought these were only achievable if you had the added time of YA's (as if).Which sucks because 20 wooho's was my favourite, ah well.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 18, 05:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

max 7 skills is easy, even without the thinking caps (sorry there Avalikia Smiley )

30 best friends is easy too, just have them hog the phone all day Tongue

I've only achieved 20 lovers and 20 woohoos once with the same sim and tanks of elixir of life

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 18, 05:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

max 7 skills is easy, even without the thinking caps (sorry there Avalikia Smiley )
I never said that it was hard without those, just that it's very easy with.  I mean, I've seen people who used no cheats achieve that in childhood.  Most of my sims get all their skills before they die at the very least even when I don't bother with any aspiration awards.

I've never made it to 20 lovers.  It seems like whenever I come close to it, suddenly my Sim can't get away from their current lovers long enough to get new ones.  I refuse to use the Visitor controller for this though, that's cheating.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 18, 05:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i guess i misunderstood you with the max 7 skills thing, sorry Avalikia!

when i was playing the 20 lovers thing, i made it that my sim stayed alone without any of his girlfriends. The rest is just a race with time, calling girls on the phone and making best friends with them, and everyday I can invite 1 or 2 girls over separately.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 18, 06:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the worst luck with walkbys though.  Exactly the wrong people showing up at exactly the wrong time can make bad things happen.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 18, 08:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i only have university, so i'm not sure if other EPs allow walkbys to storm into the house. i normally have them make out in his bed room

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 18, 08:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the worst luck with walkbys though.  Exactly the wrong people showing up at exactly the wrong time can make bad things happen.
Walkbys only show up at specific times. And I believe that the various options available on OFB may cripple them, such as declaring your lot a business and then leaving it closed or set for no customers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 18, 09:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting sims from the sim bin is fine. The character file is still there. It's just shredded. Just like deleting a tombstone of a dead sim. Now the LOT bin...that's a BFBVFS waiting to happen.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 18, 09:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting sims from the sim bin is fine. The character file is still there. It's just shredded. Just like deleting a tombstone of a dead sim. Now the LOT bin...that's a BFBVFS waiting to happen.
Sim-bin shredding is not the same as shredding a dead sim. A dead sim is, well, dead. A shredded sim-bin-sim, however, remains in an indeterminate state of non-deadness. It is messy. Don't delete from the sim bin. It is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 18, 13:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. They only difference really is that the family tree is not greyed out. My neighbourhood is not a BFBVFS, and I've never even had to use a whole back up before. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 19, 00:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I stand by what I said. If your game hasn't blown up, then I offer congratulations that you've made it thus far. Personally, you couldn't make me tempt fate that way.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: