More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:40:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  First NL bugs???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: First NL bugs???  (Read 21593 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: First NL bugs???
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 09, 21:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read Becnivonville's post at BBS and all I could think of was "Geez woman, you need a cup of tea and a good lie down!"  Grin

What a self righteous attitude to have! Of course most people are going to have concerns about the new EP. Obviously, this thread here states that and I don't think a little bit of discussion between ourselves to voice our concerns and offer helpful tips to others hurts anyone.

Failing that, perhaps a night or two of lovin' from hubby might not go astray either??  Shocked

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 09, 22:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw Ivy, I'm sorry, but I did not realise you started a thread in the Nighlife section.
It seems I have started a similar thread right above you.
well maybe they will all take notice now, lol

Eh, no worries, IMHO the more the merrier!

I think everyone should be posting everyday on the matter in some way or another.  I do not want this to just slip away and pretend it didn't all happen...ya know?

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 10, 01:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fired off a reply to What's-her-face and several of the other "stop complaining and worship the ground Maxis walks on" posters. Here it is for those of you who don't want to wade through 90 responses:

"Okay folks, here's the deal:
To those of you who do not want to hear anyone say anything against the Mighty God Maxis, I have a suggestion: If you don't want to read the complaints, do not come into this thread. The title of this thread is very specific...what part of "This is a complaint thread" do you not understand?

We have the privilege to live in the good old US of A; or at least most of us do, and even those from other parts of the world who come visit this BBS are all protected under the First Amendment of our wonderful Constitution. We all have freedom of speech.

When you tell someone to stop complaining and stop talking out against Maxis, then you are practising censorship, pure and simple, simply because you don't want to hear any critical words against Maxis.

Get this through your heads: This is a consumer issue, the same as the University patch issue is. It is about demanding customer support for a possibly buggy game. I knew, and I think Twain and most of the other so-called complainers knew that there were gong to be issues with that cemetery lot. I think we will find out just how soon the issues will come out next week.

I also knew, as did Twain and other critics that the "Maxis-is-God-and-everybody-who-dares-to-speak-out-against-the-great-God-Maxis-and-worship-at-the-altar-of-Electronic-Arts-is-a-blasphemer" crowd would all come out and baa baa in sheer denial that Maxis could ever make an inferior product.

Notice that Twain is not telling anyone not to buy the game. Nor is anyone else on here who is complaining about potential bugs telling anyone else *not* to buy the game. Hey, it's your money. If you want to throw it down the drain, feel free to do so.

If you are perfectly satisfied with your expansion pack after you buy and install Nightlife on your computer please feel free to post it in the Nightlife section. If, after you have installed Nightlife, you find that you are having "issues" with the game, then by all means post a thread in the Nightlife section.

I would suggest to those of you who are planning on buying and installing the game next week, that you uninstall and resinstall The Sims 2 and the Sims 2 University from scratch, and then install Nightlife. Remove your downloads folder from the EA folder before uninstalling and reinstalling. After you've played the game "clean" for a period of time, then gradually reintroduce the custom content and/or whatever hacks you feel are necessary.

By the way....there is no reason why Maxis cannot release a list of the University "issues" that are allegedly fixed in Nightlife. The fact that they haven't put up such a news item makes me wonder if they did, in fact, not bother to fix any of the "issues" that are in University.

Either way, this section of the BBS should prove very interesting after Tuesday."

Jarsie 9
(with Posie's Sheep)

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 10, 03:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Countdown to arrival: 6-8 weeks.
Why so long?
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 10, 07:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why so long?

It takes that long for the security clearance check for the UPS/FedEx man to come back in, plus make his way all the way down into J.M.'s bunker 5 zillion feet underground.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 10, 07:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or he could just download it. Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 10, 07:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see you offering it. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 10, 08:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check back next week.  I'm sure someone will be then.  Tongue
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 10, 10:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Momthing that was a great post however the BBS is down right now and I cannot see it in all of its glory.  Did you have the usual negative replies?

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 10, 11:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good on you momthing........

glad to hear that someone else can see the point of view that to ask relevant questions and voice relevant concerns does not equal vacuous bitching and moaning  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 10, 14:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very well and eloquently put Jarsie, but unfortunately it will fly right over their heads. One can almost hear the "woosh" and feel the air passing. It is incomprehensible to me that they can't separate the game from a corporation. but who knows, maybe there is a limited space in the usable brain tissue. No matter how often you say that you indeed like/love the game itself, but the problems within in keep you from playing it, it does not seem to register.

Even though ea/maxis itself has finally admitted that those game-stoppers exist, certain players will not. It doesn't seem to sink into their heads that they, in effect, are calling the 'worshipful deity ea/maxis' liars by doing this.

The fact that I would be satisfied (for now) with even a partial list of bugs they are aiming to fix is a huge concession on my part. I would not be this patient with any other consumer/customer service company.

As far as this Becnivonperson is concerned, one has to fear for her children. It seems to me that they will not be allowed any constructive criticism or independent thought. Poor kids. You are right Posie, that one does top the "Brazil has pirated the game" quote.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 10, 17:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Danilo2606 sumthing sumthing... He has his reasons to believe that nL fixes NOTHING of Uni! Read it int he thread here ---->http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.81,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=d6f7eabc819d8dc65fc9f454bf57e588&directoryID=81&startRow=251
 Angry

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 10, 17:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had indeed seen that virgalibabe whilst perusing the thread yesterday evening.  I can only hope that the install has overwritten files in order to patch the game without giving the expected notification.  However in reality I suspect that there isn't a patch within the game.  My partner plays Battlefield 2 and I'm lead to believe that this game is shortly to have an expansion pack released for it.  The many forums demand a second patch before the release of the expansion pack and surprise surprise, this game is another EA masterpiece.  I'm afraid I can't supply further information on this issue as first person shooters are not my style Wink

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 10, 19:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis didn't even patch uni? Lots of people bought NL as a patch. Sue them for false advertising.
CapN Tokyo
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 10, 19:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No patch? Be warned Maxis, heck hath no fury like an angry CapN.

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

From,
    The CapN

(aka, Tokyogirl119)
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 10, 23:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or a PO'D twain  Wink

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 10, 23:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody are reading the other bugs report? LOL I wanted to post them on the BBS but somebody else did it already... Actually it was pretty funny. Because I was just talking to the guy who was experiencing the bugs, when he told me they already reported his bugs on the BBS! lol "So fast" he sad. lol

One of the bugs seem to be the amnesia bug and I told him he could get the fix here. the karaoke machine which I expected to be buggy, indeed doesn't work properly. Actually what he described is exactly what happened during Tim's presentation. Although I dunno his system specs so it could be that his soundcard is old??

He also told me that one of his sims didn't age and he thinks that he has a prob with his family. He was thinking baout uninstalling and reinstaling the game.

Aslo the game crashed repeatedly on him when he was trying to kill his entire family so he could keep the furniture on the lot! lol Grin
Maybe you guys have some idea how to help the poor fella out?

I didn't get more info tho..we were busy talking about the weather lol Cheesy

Greets,
virgali

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 10, 23:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why so long?

Probably because JM will take the time to fix things properly instead of rushing like stupid Maxis.  I can wait.  I have cable Smiley
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 10, 23:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it because he lives underground and he orders it trough some kind of special orderthingy?? I remember asking him once and he explaining it, but forgot what he said exactly... either ways, I htink he was modding uni with Boris help before he actually got the game so it doesn't really matter when he gets it...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 11, 00:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why so long?

Probably because JM will take the time to fix things properly instead of rushing like stupid Maxis.  I can wait.  I have cable Smiley
Yeah, but he said countdown to arrival of NIghtlife, not the arrival of his fixes.  But as virgali stated, he was fixing Uni before he got it with Boris' help, so this time should be no different.  Where is this infamous Boris anyway?
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 11, 11:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to N99 ---http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessageRange?topicID=7291.topic&start=21&stop=33  the problem with the tombstones is that they don't stay where they've been put.   Sometimes.   For some people.

Now this may a sign that the game is about to do the "fireball visible from space" thing in the future.  Or we may find out that all Sims turn into Cornish Pixies or something, but compared to the No Credit for Final Exam Bug, it's kind of lame.  I mean they're not even trying...   Tongue

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 11, 16:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problems with tombstones disappearing can cause lots where the dead sim used to live to not load.  Until this is fixed, it doesn't seem worth it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 16, 03:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was really looking forward to the karaoke, but I can't hear them sing.  I know others are having this problem, but it's very frustrating.  The music starts, then as soon as the Sim starts to sing, there is nothing, not even music.  It's also a bit odd that whenever my Sim (who had 8+ in Creativity) asked to sing a duet, everyone refused her, even a brand-new townie who clearly had nothing in Creativity going by my Sim's reaction to his singing.  They all said they didn't want to make fools of themselves singing with her.  Don't know if there is a connection between the two, because it doesn't seem right that someone with 8 Creativity would be considered a bad singer.  Certainly her movements (jumping up on the karaoke machine and so on) didn't suggest that.

Don't think it's my sound card, by the way.  It's only 18 months old and works perfectly for everything else.  The default setting the game gives me for audio is highest quality, so it must be OK.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 16, 03:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem, Ancient.  My simmies can sing their little hearts out and I can't hear a thing.  Then again, maybe I'm not missing much if it's anything like the karaoke/open mic thing in Superstar!

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 16, 18:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem, Ancient.  My simmies can sing their little hearts out and I can't hear a thing.  Then again, maybe I'm not missing much if it's anything like the karaoke/open mic thing in Superstar!

Try changing your sound options from 5.1 to 4.0 or stereo.  Let me know if that helps.  If you do not have 5.1 speakers or are using headphones, then I would suggest you not use the 5.1 option.  Let me know how that goes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: