More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:11:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  The Plague: A Detailed Study
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Plague: A Detailed Study  (Read 129627 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Plague: A Detailed Study
« Reply #100 on: 2006 September 19, 03:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. There are already motive-drain related symptoms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 September 19, 06:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anything other than the sudden motive drop when the Sim shows a symptom (coughing, throwing up, etc.)?  If not, I'm talking about more of a "background" motive drain like in pregnancy.  If so, then I've certainly never noticed it and it therefore ought to be increased.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 September 19, 11:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Piratey Translation]

If ye stack th' diseases (MakeMeSick Tester) wi' pregnancy an' run at 3x game speed that makes th' situation challengin'. Grin

Does multiple "compatible" (Flu & Food Poisonin', fer example) infection tokens effect th' overall decay rate?

[Original Post]

If you stack the diseases (MakeMeSick Tester) with pregnancy and run at 3x game speed that makes the situation challenging. Grin

Does multiple "compatible" (Flu & Food Poisoning, for example) infection tokens effect the overall decay rate?
« Last Edit: 2006 September 23, 18:03:49 by Weaver » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 September 20, 00:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Piratey Translation]

Does multiple "compatible" (Flu & Food Poisonin', fer example) infection tokens effect th' overall decay rate?

I didn't notice whether it increased the background motive drain, but because the afflicted show multiple symptoms, the key motives related to each symptom can take an additive hit.  In the example I'm thinking of, my sim had a hacking cough from the biotech virus, and then he started horking after getting food poisoning.  Ultimately, he died of the virus first, but I kept getting warnings about his food poisoning for several hours after his death!  Cheesy
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2006 September 20, 08:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want curing sickness to be hard, you have to disallow using energisers.  Any sim in gold or platinum can use the energiser to get all their needs up and be well in no time flat.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 September 20, 13:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how merely sitting in a chair with high comfort and energy scores produces (6+4) a faster recovery rate than sleeping (8 only). On the other hand, you can't sleep until your energy drops to 70%, I think, whereas you can sit down anytime.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 21, 18:15:12 by Dopp » Logged
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

...there is an ominous cloud in the distance...

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 September 20, 14:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how merely sitting in a chair with high comfort and energy scores produces (6+4) a faster recovery rate than sleeping (Cool. On the other hand, you can't sleep until your energy drops to 70%, I think, whereas you can sit down anytime.

That is a good idea.  Most of the time when you are sick you always feel tired.  What if you lower the maximum amount of energy you can recover while suffering from the plague?

There is an ominous cloud in the distance though at present it be no bigger than a man's hand.
  -Arthur Eddington
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 September 20, 15:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's already a "fatigue" symptom. The symptoms and how they work will be documented later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ominous
Asinine Airhead

...there is an ominous cloud in the distance...

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 September 20, 15:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game already lowers your energy cap?  So if you contract the plague you can only recover up to 80% (or some other arbitrary number) of your energy not the full 100% or am I not following correctly and you are referring to the rate at which you recover energy?

There is an ominous cloud in the distance though at present it be no bigger than a man's hand.
  -Arthur Eddington
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 September 20, 15:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the symptoms causes energy loss when it strikes.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 September 20, 16:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want curing sickness to be hard, you have to disallow using energisers.  Any sim in gold or platinum can use the energiser to get all their needs up and be well in no time flat.

I can't even remember the last time I used an energiser (for any reason, not just sickness) in my game.  Several EPs back I think?  I do just the opposite with my sick sims - I make them use the exercise machine, smustle or use the crafting stations to drain their needs.  They still get better within a day.

... wanders away muttering something about stupid sims who refuse to die on her ...
« Last Edit: 2006 September 20, 16:22:45 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 September 20, 16:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the only sims in my game that use the energizer are those crash-learning crafting station skills.  Particularly Mad Scientists on the robotics station, because they have those late working hours and would otherwise not have enough energy to go to work.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2006 September 21, 15:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the energiser mainly to keep knowledge sims going and also in running businesses.  That and the knowledge cap are the only two I'm using now.  Plus elixir of course so my sims don't die of old age.  soft hearted? who me?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 September 21, 18:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game already lowers your energy cap?  So if you contract the plague you can only recover up to 80% (or some other arbitrary number) of your energy not the full 100% or am I not following correctly and you are referring to the rate at which you recover energy?

No, sorry if I gave the wrong impression. What I meant to say was that using sleep/energy as the sole factor in plague recovery is risky because normally speaking the option to sleep or take a nap doesn't appear until a Sim's energy ear has reached a certain level (70-75%). So, if the comfort + sitting recovery bonuses are nuked and if a Sim comes back sick with a 90% energy bar there's nothing he can do about it until he gets tired enough to go to sleep.
Avadon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 April 11, 23:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I would try and make a hack to make sicknesses more realistic.
Topic in Peasantry
------
+8 if the Sim is sleeping (skips other variables)
------
+2 if the Sim is sitting
+2 if the Sim's energy is >= 50 (75%)
+1 if the Sim's comfort is >= 50 (75%)
=+5 Max improvement, while awake
------
-6 if a sim is not sleeping or sitting
-4 if a sim's energy is < 0 (50%) 
-2 if a sim's comfort is < 0 (50%)
=-12 Max deterioration, while awake
------
Real-Sickness.Package.Zip by Bigupload.Com
« Last Edit: 2007 April 12, 13:37:51 by Avadon » Logged
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2007 April 12, 02:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's usually nicer to start your own thread for hacks & stuff, so that if you have to troubleshoot or whatever it's not hogging someone else's thread.

This looks interesting though. I'll give it a crack & let you know what I think - in your own new shiny thread.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Avadon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 April 12, 04:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  Which forum, the names of them confuseth me.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 April 12, 04:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peasantry would probably be your best bet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: