More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:37:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Greek Houses - Gah!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greek Houses - Gah!  (Read 15809 times)
Quickfade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Greek Houses - Gah!
« on: 2005 July 18, 14:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there fix available for the annoying Greek House glitch which stops Sims being able to Grow Up and return to Neighbourhood in a Greek House?

E.g. Sammy Sim comes back from his finals with a 4.0 GPA, throws a Graduation Party, the party finishes and everyone goes home and Sammy Sim is left standing around doing absolutely nothing, still a YA and with no taxi turning up. And even 'Return to blahblah' on the phone doesn't help him grow up?

And Sammy Sim has to be boolpropped into someone else's house on campus via the Tombstone of L&D just so he can become an adult, leave Uni and go and finish out his pathetic life as a Criminal Mastermind, before becoming Grim Reaper bait. Ahem.

Already have the Greek House Amnesia Fix, the Toga Party Fix and the Level 6 Fix, which work brilliantly. But I still want to die, or commit random acts of violence everytime I graduate a Sim from a Greek House and they stand around dying because the Taxi WON'T COME!  Angry

Cheers for reading.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Greek Houses - Gah!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 18, 14:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen the taxi entirely fail to appear like that. That's unusual, and I don't think it's associated with Greek houses in general, since all of my sims have graduated from two Greek houses without any such incident. Perhaps it's one specific corrupted house?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Quickfade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 18, 14:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen the taxi entirely fail to appear like that. That's unusual, and I don't think it's associated with Greek houses in general, since all of my sims have graduated from two Greek houses without any such incident. Perhaps it's one specific corrupted house?
Well, I kind of thought it may be specific to this one house as it's the only Greek House currently in Academie Le Tour... however....

This problem started after a Clean Reinstall. It also started before I downloaded anything, i.e. the fixes I mentioned. So it can't be that I've downloaded anything corrupt, or any dodgy hacks. That's why I thought it was maybe a problem that was another unintentional Maxis boob (such as Level 6 problems). I've never had this problem with Greek Houses before, although I never played them that much. The first guy graduated fine from the house, but since then I can't graduate anyone from it.

And I already know what the next reply is going to be... delete the lot. Sigh... I'll go and delete the lot. Sad
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 18, 16:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't had the problem either, Dustin Broke and his girlfriend graduated perfectly, but from Sim State Uni.  Hope I don't get the problem, although I've just got a similar one - Gary London just got kidnapped by the Secret Society and now he and his housemates can't call a cab!

Zephyr Zodiac
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 18, 21:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen to me. My sim was one of eight that I had living in a dorm. They all graduated, grew up and went back to their neighborhood. The last sim would not age and if he did he would not go home. No taxi ever came no matter what way I tried to get him back. I moved him from dorm to dorm and private residence, all the same. I finally used bool prop for the very first
time and forced an error and he grew up, the taxi came and all is now well.

Scoob
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 05:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I kind of thought it may be specific to this one house as it's the only Greek House currently in Academie Le Tour...
I thought there were no greek houses in Academie Le Tour, that's why I play that n'hood, do you think that might be part of your problem?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 05:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any to begin with, but you can make one, just as with any custom University, which would also have no Greek houses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 19, 08:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason may be that "once a Greek House, always a Greek House" and if you could move the last sim out, no-one would then be able to move in.

I'm pretty sure the answer is that the last one has to get new members before they can grow up!  I'll check it out when I've got a sim in that situation, but at present I don't have any single inmates of Greek Houses.

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 19, 14:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason may be that "once a Greek House, always a Greek House" and if you could move the last sim out, no-one would then be able to move in.

That's not true. Once the last Greek occupant has left, any Sim can rent the lot and thereby restart the house.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 19, 15:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 3 "batches" of YAs in my Greek House, and it's happened all 3 times. 

With the first batch I sent about half of them back to the neighborhood okay after graduation, and then it happened to the remainder -- they couldn't move back to the neighborhood.  There were some new pledges in the house, so the house would not have been left empty.

With the second batch, the house started crashing during year 2, so I moved them out, bulldozed, and got them a new house.  No one in that batch could move back to the neighborhood normally after graduation -- just stood by the curb.  Again, there were new members in the house, so it would not have been empty once they were gone.

With batch three, the house again crashed in year 2.  Move out, bulldoze, new house.  New pledges move in during senior year, then graduating seniors can't move back to the neighborhood normally ... again.

I'm on batch 4 now and have gotten to year 3 without the house crashing.  We'll see whether they can move out after graduation.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 19, 17:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true. Once the last Greek occupant has left, any Sim can rent the lot and thereby restart the house.

Sorry, just thought that might be the case.

My problem now has got worse, I moved my sims from the phone affected house (can't call for transportation) into a Greek house as they had friends there, and now the sims in that house (all of them) can't call for transport!  I've never used the boolprop cheat, so would appreciate a bit of help in how to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 19, 18:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've experienced the problem you describe, and it's not limited to Greek houses.  I seem to recall that the lot is permanantly waiting for one of your sims to move out, and that anyone else who tries to move out or use the taxi can't go because the lot is "stuck" that way.

I believe Pescado's "MoveOutBugFix.zip" hack fixes this, though I'm not sure if it will work with a lot that is already in this state.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 19, 19:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.  However, it's still very odd, I moved Gary and his sister out to a Greek House (he was already a member and she was friends with them, so that was easy) and I moved Keanu back to his Greek House.  The Greek House where Gary and Lisa moved has now go t the bug, but Keanu's house is fine.  My understanding is that it has something to do with the fact that Gary was kidnapped by the Secret Society, and for some reason nothing much happened once he got to the Society House except he cooked a meal, hung out with some of them, went off to lectures and then, since it was nearly time for his Final Exam, I got him to call a limo and go home - but he actually got a cab.  (Since he was my first kidnapping, I really didn't know what to expect, or whether he would do his exam if he stayed there and besides, there wasn't anywhere to sleep and all the members had gone home!)

And if Gary himself is corrupted, then even if I get him back to Pleasantview somehow, I suppose the same thing will happen when I move him to a lot there!

But I'll go and exit my game and try the MoveOutBugFix and let you know if it works.  Thanks for the help.

Zephyr Zodiac
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 19, 20:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem in a dorm, not a greek house. Sim called for "Move back to whateverville", and the cab just didn't show up.

I started out with 6 sims in the dorm. The other 5 moved out no problem. I then moved a new sim in, before I let him move out, and he wouldn't go. I already had the moveoutbugfix in place and it didn't help in this case. I got a hacked object ... it looks like a money tree - I think it was twojeffs' but I'm looking over at Varioussimmers and don't see it.

*rummages around the world wide web*

Ah, ok, I found it - it's the MoveOutControllerResetter file here:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=51793&highlight=graduation

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 19, 20:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  If the problem happens with this batch of grads, I'll give this a go.

I had this problem in a dorm, not a greek house. Sim called for "Move back to whateverville", and the cab just didn't show up.

I started out with 6 sims in the dorm. The other 5 moved out no problem. I then moved a new sim in, before I let him move out, and he wouldn't go. I already had the moveoutbugfix in place and it didn't help in this case. I got a hacked object ... it looks like a money tree - I think it was twojeffs' but I'm looking over at Varioussimmers and don't see it.

Ah, ok, I found it - it's the MoveOutControllerResetter file here:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=51793&highlight=graduation

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 19, 22:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Schmoopee, I'm going to try this tonight and see if it works.  I'd really hate to lose this sim!   Sad  I've worked hard on him, and he's quite an interesting one, with a lot of odd quirks in his character, and I really don't want him to die before his time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Quickfade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 19, 23:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ta for all the responses, glad to see it's not just my game that does this! I'll try this fix out and see if it solves the problem. Does anyone know whether there'll be any conflicts with some of JMP's hacks?

(Just to note - my Greek House was never empty, as it was for a Legacy Challenge. Between the original Sim moving out, there have always been YA Townies in it, although none of these have been able to graduate normally, either!)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 20, 03:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to let you know, it worked!  I don't know which hack finally did it, but I sent Gary off for his exam, and at that point no-one on the lot could phone for a cab, but when he got back everything was fixed, he had his graduation party and then grew up normally, got his cab to Pleasantview and has got himself a job as a Resident after three days of trying!  Now I have to go and graduate some of the others! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 20, 03:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I guess I should include a move-out-controller-detonator on the Lot Debugger now that this has been officially identified as a corruption problem.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 20, 03:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice to have everything in one neat little packing case!

Zephyr Zodiac
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 30, 01:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on my Uni Sims:

Batch 4 graduated tonight.  Again, the could not grow up/move back to the neighborhood.  I tried El Presidente's updated Lot Debugger.  It said that it fixed the move-out problem, but then when I'd have them call to move back to neighborhood again, nothing happened.  I tried it about 5 times, resetting with the lot debugger each time.  Then I exited the game, removed the lot debugger, and downloaded the fixes Schmoopee pointed to below.  That worked, yay!  No clue why one worked and not the other.

Anyway, thought you'd want to be updated. 

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 30, 22:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My last graduate to move back (the youngest Broke brother, Keanu) moved back with absolutely no trouble, and he lived in a Greek house.  I have the various fixes installed, but unlike in Beau's case, I didn't need the "money tree", and Keanu's file is normal, whereas for some reason Beau's is now double the size it should be!  In Beau's case I had to use the tree to get him back, nothing else worked!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 31, 18:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got this problem, too.  The taxi will come for them if they have a party, but not if they don't.  Their bar just says "Returning Home" or something and stays like that forever unless I get them to call for a taxi, then it comes.  When I do that, it asks if I'm sure and don't they want to throw "one last shindig", which seems odd when they've run out of time.  I've had one be abducted to the SS and come back even though she should have been back in the neighbourhood 2 days previously.  All these are the Maxis-created YA's that were in the Greek houses to start with, should that make any difference.  I have several in the ordinary dorms almost ready to leave so I am going to see if they get their taxis, so I know whether it's lot specific or global.  I haven't been able to test in the male Greek house yet as the only one who's gone had a party, but two of the females in the sorority house didn't and they never got their taxis.
Also, when I click on the Lotfixer thing to get rid of the stuck mover-outer, they appear back on the lot and just walk in and behave like normal visitors, apart from one who promptly passed-out on the pavement and walked off the lot when she woke-up.  The odd thing is that I will get this message on the Lotdebugger to remove them even though I've already done so with Inge's teleporter shrub and Merola's Mind Control Mirror is no longer showing them present on the lot. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 31, 19:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things spring to mind here.  Firstly, have you checked to see if they are in the Neighbourhood families bin? If they are there, have you checked in SimPE to see if there are "clone" files?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 01, 00:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things spring to mind here.  Firstly, have you checked to see if they are in the Neighbourhood families bin? If they are there, have you checked in SimPE to see if there are "clone" files?
That's not the problem.  When I first tried the Lot Debugger, I used it on the very first dorm I played.  It found SIX apparent non-mover-outers.  These particular Sims had been in the main neighbourhood for years, several of them were onto the 2nd or 3rd lifetime want and had children approaching teens!  They had been removed via the teleporter shrub ages ago, but for some reason were still 'lingering'.  I think it's just my Pleasantview, it's basically knackered.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: