More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:36:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  changing eyecolor in an established Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: changing eyecolor in an established Sim  (Read 7078 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
changing eyecolor in an established Sim
« on: 2005 September 08, 22:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had started a new neighborhood with 30 Uni Sims and had used the deleteallcharacters cheat and all of JMP's no regeneration hacks.  My main neighborhood had was FUBAR, so I moved this new neighborhood's file to the desktop, did a clean reinstall, and then moved it back into the game.  I've been working on re-downloading my favorite custom content.  My 30 characters had default skintones, eyes, hair (or were bald!) and clothing while I hunted for the custom ones I had originally used for them.  Well, when I find it, all is well and good.  When I can't find it, or the link is no longer there, or whatever, well, then I need to find a new one.  I can't find one of my favorite custom eyecolors.  It was a soft, deep brown that looks like puppy-dog eyes.  I thought I had originally downloaded it from WDS, but I have re-downloaded all those and it didn't help.  I then thought they had come from Mermaids Cove (I love your stuff, BTW!) but still no change in those brown eyes after I re-downloaded those, too.  The next time I booted up the game, several of my sims had the blue-green eyes from MC and the lavendar from WDS, but the browns didn't come back!!  It must be that exact file, and I can't find it!

I am happy with the colors I have from WDS and Mermaid's Cove, and could use the deep brown from those sites.  I don't want to keep downloading packages of eye colors that I don't really need, seeing that I'll start downloading new stuff from Nightlife next week.   Tongue  So, how can I change them ingame?  Can I use SimsPE and change their DNA?  Or a hack that lets you change their eye and skin-tone the same way you changed their hair?   I really, really hate the default brown eyes, and because I liked that particular shade I had used it on many of my Sims!!  So they are all walking around with these big, dead-looking dull brown eyes. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: changing eyecolor in an established Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 09, 00:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can change their DNA in SimPE, yes.  Just bring them up in SimBrowser and click the Sim DNA link.  Easiest way would be to make a Sim with the eye colour you want to use, then check to see what the code is that you'll need to give the others. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 09, 04:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from my own experience in messing with my sims' dna, you need to change the line 3 and the line finishing by 59 (being respectively dominant and recessive eye color) in the sim dna, but for the change to show in game (not to stay genetic only) you need to change the eye color line in the age data line you find when opening the sims's file (N001_user181 for example).
I hope what I say makes sense and helps you.
Pioupiou
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 09, 06:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lyran's has gorgeous brown eyes - could they have come from there?

Ness
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 09, 12:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Lyran has started making Contacts too (they go under Sunglasses) which you just put on your sim in-game.

INTJ
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 09, 13:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got some gorgeous eye colors from janna at simsconnection. They may be at tsr as well. I would love to switch my default colors to them, they are the best-looking in game I've seen. I think she has some nice contact lenses as well.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 09, 14:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep trying to think of where I got them.   Sad  I remember downloading a "superpack" from MTS2 with 100 shades.  Some of them were natural and quite lovely, and other ones had cat-eyes and flags and other "fantasy" colors.  I don't remember who made them.  I just recently found Janna's website, but I have downloaded things of hers from TSR, so maybe it was her's, I'll have to go check there. 

See, this is what comes from an afternoon of mindless "sims shopping" where one clicks on a download that looks interesting, downloads, and repeats a gazillion times until their downloads folder is so full it takes 10 minutes for the game to load!  LOL

If anyone wants to see how someone can screw up their game in so many wonderful ways, just come see me!!  LMAO
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 09, 15:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some gorgeous eyes at DevilKittySims.

http://devilkittysims.mine.nu/

Zephyr Zodiac
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 07, 01:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from my own experience in messing with my sims' dna, you need to change the line 3 and the line finishing by 59 (being respectively dominant and recessive eye color) in the sim dna, but for the change to show in game (not to stay genetic only) you need to change the eye color line in the age data line you find when opening the sims's file (N001_user181 for example).
I hope what I say makes sense and helps you.
Pioupiou

I've been looking for how to do that.  Thanks.

Just coincidence but it works.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 07, 02:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep trying to think of where I got them.   Sad  I remember downloading a "superpack" from MTS2 with 100 shades.  Some of them were natural and quite lovely, and other ones had cat-eyes and flags and other "fantasy" colors.  I don't remember who made them.  I just recently found Janna's website, but I have downloaded things of hers from TSR, so maybe it was her's, I'll have to go check there. 

The eyes you descibe here are probably SoulSilver's 101 Eyes. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30817

The reason you probably missed them is because there is no longer a picture. Here is the catalog from the file.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/saramkirk/catalog.jpg

But the "cat" eyes, if you downloaded from MTS2, may be from http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42446 or http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37042 or they might be one of Forcer's packs.

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 07, 07:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starrat has some beautiful cat's eyes at the Sims Zone (UK).  Also two tone recolours of some of the hair to look like elf-hair.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 07, 09:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Lyran has started making Contacts too (they go under Sunglasses) which you just put on your sim in-game.

I love those contacts. Though I prefer to create sims with the maxis eyecolours (to keep the genetics as they were intended - I don't like how all customs are dominant) they look so much more realistic with Lyran's contacts on. Of course, that also means all my sims have to have full face makeup or custom hair as a turn-on otherwise they're not attracted to neighbourhood sims.  Undecided
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 07, 14:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone, I forget who but I think it was at MTS2, made eye colors that replace the Maxis ones. It doesn't overwrite any actual installed game files, it just overrides them if the package files are in your downloads directory.

What I did is find the eyecolors that I liked best, opened them up in SimPE and extracted their texture. Then I opened the replacement ones up in SimPE and copied the texture I wanted over them so now I have the eye colors that I want in my game replacing the Maxis ones and working as normal Maxis genetics do.

There's probably a way to get custom ones to work according to Maxis genetics I would imagine. People have done it with hairs and skintones.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 07, 17:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just found this out the other day, whilst surfing Mod The Sims 2. If you go into the package file for an eyecolor in SimPE, in the "Texture Overlay XML" file, (should be the last one in the list on the left) there's a value "genetic." It has a range from 0, maximum dominance, to 4, maximum recessiveness, with 0 being the custom default. Changing  this value allows you to make custom eyes that have a dominance of less than Overpowering.

I *think* that the "genetic" values in the Skin Tone XML and the Hair Tone XML, in their respective package files, do the same thing, but I haven't tested it so I can't be totally sure. I have a feeling that both are a tad more complicated than eyes, but I'll soon get 'round to testing it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 07, 17:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for hair I just use datgen. It has a skinfixer plugin that sets the genetic colors for you.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 07, 17:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone, I forget who but I think it was at MTS2, made eye colors that replace the Maxis ones. It doesn't overwrite any actual installed game files, it just overrides them if the package files are in your downloads directory.

Several people have done it, so there are many sets to choose from. Just do an Advanced Search where you select Bodyshop > Eyes in the "search in forum(s)" section, and type "default" as the search keyword, searching in "post title" only. And if you don't find what you like, simply download one of the packages and make your own from that.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: