More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:21:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnant sim at work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnant sim at work?  (Read 10713 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Pregnant sim at work?
« on: 2006 August 06, 05:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect this is just a strange occurence due to chance and timing.

The car pool for one sim arrived just moments before her belly expanded for the first time.  She got the usual pop up about maternity leave, but the car pool didn't leave.

Just to see what would happen, I clicked on the car pool to see if the option was still there, it was, and she happily went off to work with her bump...

strange!
Immy
Miss Immy 2007
Terrible Twerp

INTP

View Profile
Re: Pregnant sim at work?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 06, 07:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anything 'strange' happen or...?

[July 06, 2008 at 4:53am] Krissy: Sorry. Didn't mean to explode or anything. When I said "Kill yourself" I kind of meant "Hug yourself"... Just with knives.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 06, 07:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

everything seems fine...  I think it was just a freaky coincidence
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 06, 08:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Interesting. Has she still been able to go to work after the 2nd bump/day? I think there is/are hacks to allow pregnant sims to go to work or downtown or what not. They might be Squiingey. I think cathair2002 (2004? whatever...) made something like this, but I think it was for Comm Lots. I forget. I haven't used any of these myself, but maybe one sneaked into your game?

Ste

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 06, 08:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims also seem to bring home others who are pegnant from their work. They don't wear their work clothes, but so far it never has caused any problems for me in terms of giving birth on the wrong lot or dying of starvation.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 06, 09:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something vaugely similar happen ages ago, before university.
I was throwing a birthday party for a teen and just as his carpool for his crappy teen job came, he transisioned into adulthood, and was immediately promoted.  But the car still stood there honking, so for experiment's sake, I told him to get in.
His teen career working hours were something like 15:00 to 18:00, and his new adult career working hours were something like 7:00 to 15:00, and the result was that he didn't come back home until 24 hours later; dead tired and promptly passed out.  He didn't get paid for the overtime either. Sad

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 06, 13:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one get the belly bump and the notification, and then she walked on out and got in the car and went to work!  She was fine after that, though.  Stayed home the rest of the time.

No, I didn't tell her to go.

Just a timing thing, I guess.  And no BFBVFS yet!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 06, 14:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We posted about it a couple of weeks ago here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4817.0.html
It happened to me too.  My pregnant sim got her belly bump as the car pool was due and went to work with no problem.  It was said to be a timing problem.  Thanks for the warning about the teen though!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 06, 15:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-OFB, if you had tried to go, it would bitch at you about staying home, but post-OFB, although the carpool will no longer come, pregnant sims are no longer forbidden to leave the house, and can go to work if the family owns a car *AND* still abuse the free vacation days.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 06, 16:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is good then-my pregnant fortune sims always get the want to 'go to work'.

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 06, 18:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pleasantly surprised to find that pregnant sims can also still choose to go to work if they own their own business.  I've got one Sim who got pregnant just after she opened her own hair salon, but didn't stop her from going in for just a few hours a day and getting some practice in.

Question: if your playable sim is EMPLOYED by some other playable sim's business, does a car pool show up for them to take them to work?  And if they are pregnant, do they get the same maternity days deal?  Only asking because I lack the Prima Guide for OFB.
Immy
Miss Immy 2007
Terrible Twerp

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 06, 19:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

everything seems fine...  I think it was just a freaky coincidence

Damn, I was hoping she'd have an extra arm growing out of her forehead or something...

Well, not really an 'extra', one would be enough to be freaky but... right...

[July 06, 2008 at 4:53am] Krissy: Sorry. Didn't mean to explode or anything. When I said "Kill yourself" I kind of meant "Hug yourself"... Just with knives.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 06, 19:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: if your playable sim is EMPLOYED by some other playable sim's business, does a car pool show up for them to take them to work?  And if they are pregnant, do they get the same maternity days deal?  Only asking because I lack the Prima Guide for OFB.
Yes, and yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 07, 12:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, in my game the vacation days weren't shown for any employees on the control menu.  Typically, even though Sim X has just given birth and officially received 3 days vacation, nothing appears on her control panel and her work car arrives as normal and she goes off to work.  To make matters worse, when Sim X misses her work ride, she gets the warning about missing work and the vacation day pay notice at separate times during the day.  Was it just my game or is the whole thing buggered? 

I don't have that neighbourhood anymore and I haven't set up any businesses yet, so I can't retest this at the moment. 

happy now :-)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 07, 16:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely seems to be a timing thing. I've had several pregnant sims go off to work and then pop as soon as they got home. But this only happens if "about to pop" coincides with the carpool.

I've also seen extremely pregnant sims wandering around downtown or past my house when I'm playing another sim.

I just invited a pregnant sim to move in with her boyfriend's family. She'd already "popped" on her home lot and was wearing maternity clothes but after she moved in she "popped" again and got the "kick back and relax" message, again. The kid was born two days later, and everything was fine. I was a little worried, but no harm done.

And I once had a sim move to a new house and then "shooflee" that evening. I hadn't realized she was pregnant. She'd cheated on her spouse and got caught and I never heard the chime. But after she moved, sure enough, she was preggers, and her spouse somehow had forgotten all about the cheating. So apparently moving heals all evil?

And, I had a sim "pop" while she was getting married. She got the big belly even though she was only one day pregnant. She kept it for two days. Apparently wedding clothes make you fatter.  Cheesy

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 07, 16:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, in my game the vacation days weren't shown for any employees on the control menu.  Typically, even though Sim X has just given birth and officially received 3 days vacation, nothing appears on her control panel and her work car arrives as normal and she goes off to work.  To make matters worse, when Sim X misses her work ride, she gets the warning about missing work and the vacation day pay notice at separate times during the day.  Was it just my game or is the whole thing buggered?
This seems normal, you don't normally get warned about missing work and using a vacation day until an hour before you would normally have returned, as of NL, since it's possible to use a car to attend work if you accidentally or deliberately skip the carpool. You get an extra hour that way, so if your work runs 0900-1700, you can go to work by carpool anytime between 0800-0900, or take your own car sometime between about 0900 and 0930-ish without penalty. After that, don't bother, being late is worse than not going at all.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 07, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After that, don't bother, being late is worse than not going at all.
How is that?  I had to experiment some because it seems like even when I had my sims leave the house to get in the car to go to work about a quarter till, say 9:45 using your example, by the time they deactivate the alarm, get in the car, back it out, and drive down the road, they get the warning that they are late.  By that time it's too late to cancel it.  Sometimes they seem to sit in the car for what seems like forever before they finally kick into reverse and leave.  And I'm sitting there watching the clock, trying to hurry them up, asking them what they are waiting for??? when finally they leave.  So I've started having them leave earlier, like 9:30.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 07, 17:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is that?  I had to experiment some because it seems like even when I had my sims leave the house to get in the car to go to work about a quarter till, say 9:45 using your example, by the time they deactivate the alarm, get in the car, back it out, and drive down the road, they get the warning that they are late.  By that time it's too late to cancel it.  Sometimes they seem to sit in the car for what seems like forever before they finally kick into reverse and leave.  And I'm sitting there watching the clock, trying to hurry them up, asking them what they are waiting for??? when finally they leave.  So I've started having them leave earlier, like 9:30.
If you're doing it after 30 minutes after, you're cutting it a bit close and risking precisely that: Being late socks your sims with a PERMANENT penalty, and they're automatically fired after the third incident. Conversely, not going at all just applies a temporary hit to work performance, and the chance of being fired is nonexistent as long as your performance bar remains above midpoint, no matter how many times you do it. Unlike the "being late" penalty, the performance hit can be easily healed, whereas the being late penalties don't really go away until you possibly quit and get a new job entirely. Thus, being late is a permanent penalty, and thus more severe than a mere temporary one.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 07, 18:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting.  Does the lot debugger fix this with the "Fix Work State" option?  Sims are always sent back home from work when installing a new EP or patch, so unless they have a car, they suffer a performance hit, lose that day's pay, and get fussed at because they missed work.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 07, 18:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are always sent back home from work when installing a new EP or patch, so unless they have a car, they suffer a performance hit, lose that day's pay, and get fussed at because they missed work.

One solution to that is to always save a lot when all the sims are home, preferably just before they go to bed or very close to when they would normally wake up.  That way they don't miss work or school when they're reset.  After having the issue you mention to many times, I've just gotten into the habit of quiting lots when they're all home and asleep.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 07, 19:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One solution to that is to always save a lot when all the sims are home, preferably just before they go to bed or very close to when they would normally wake up.  That way they don't miss work or school when they're reset.  After having the issue you mention to many times, I've just gotten into the habit of quiting lots when they're all home and asleep.

That's what I do, too.  In fact, even if I'm not quitting the lot, I routinely save early each morning just before they wake up.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 07, 20:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've started doing that now too.  It's such a hassle though.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 07, 20:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting.  Does the lot debugger fix this with the "Fix Work State" option?  Sims are always sent back home from work when installing a new EP or patch, so unless they have a car, they suffer a performance hit, lose that day's pay, and get fussed at because they missed work.
That's the intended purpose of "Fix Work State", yes. The new Macrotastics box also includes a "Afterpatch Fix" which, if chosen, will re-PowerIdle everyone and send them back to bed if appropriate, as well as eliminating "half-bladder" at the same time.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 07, 21:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new Macrotastics box also includes a "Afterpatch Fix" which, if chosen, will re-PowerIdle everyone and send them back to bed if appropriate, as well as eliminating "half-bladder" at the same time.

Great addition -- I was wondering what you added to the new version.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 08, 14:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome!  I'll download it now. 

Joe:  Ditto.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print