More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:08:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two bugs for the price of one!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two bugs for the price of one!  (Read 3949 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Two bugs for the price of one!
« on: 2006 August 06, 01:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got two bugs in the same house. One is more serious than the other.

#1 - One of my sims got a chance card and got 3 cooking points from it. He had 8 before, so it kind of got him up to 11. Well now, he can't cook anything, even though his cooking is maxed out.

#2 - This one has to do with Bathroom Uses You. My other sim got morning sickness and ran to the bathroom to throw up. Once she puked, she got 8 commands to be used. Also, she immediately ppuked again after she finished the first time. The 8 commands and double puke don't happen anymore, but she does get 1 command after she pukes whether or not she needs to do her business.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Two bugs for the price of one!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 06, 02:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#1 : You are going to have to use the testing cheats to fix this, just enter it in the neighborhood screen and when you get into the house drag the cooking skill to where it should be.

2# : No idea.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 06, 04:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was afraid of that, but I guess I have no choice. Thanks.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 06, 07:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The multiple BUY icons thing happens now and then. It's 'harmless' in that it shouldn't break anything. Your sim will either get used multiple times or kicked out after being used to the point where their needs are relieved. This can happen to sims who might be loitering around the bathroom for some reason. I get this sometimes when I try to direct my sim to do stuff in the bathroom like clean or pick up dirty dishes that managed to end up on the floor or what not.

I think that was done to always process sims via BUY rapidly so as to keep the ports unoccupied and/or prevent congestion/traffick. Tongue

As for the first problem... I thought I read somewhere that a patch was supposed to fix that. I could have imagined that tho. Roll Eyes

Ste

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 06, 08:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the first problem... I thought I read somewhere that a patch was supposed to fix that. I could have imagined that tho. Roll Eyes

I'm about 80% sure that there's a mod out somewhere that really does fix it - maybe by TwoJeffs? Somebody else can confirm, maybe.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 06, 09:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#1 - One of my sims got a chance card and got 3 cooking points from it. He had 8 before, so it kind of got him up to 11. Well now, he can't cook anything, even though his cooking is maxed out.

Wasn't that fixed in a patch ages ago?
I think you need to fix it in SimPE when it goes wrong.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 06, 14:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was fixed in a base game patch as far as I know.  I have the following info saved in a .txt file from my base game only days.
"The cooking skill has been maximized with a bonus and now you can't cook anything!
     Answer

If you were close to maximizing cooking and you receive a bonus that puts you over the maximum of 10 points (i.e. you get a 3 point bonus when you have 8 points in Cooking) you will no longer be able to use your Cooking skill.  This issue can be prevented by downloading and installing The Sims 2 Patch.

To resolve this issue if it is already ocurring, you may use the Thinking Cap Aspiration Reward when your Sim is less than Gold Aspiration level.  This will cause you to lose skill points.  When your Sim loses the number of cooking skills they received over the maximum 10 they will be able to use their cooking skill at the maximum skill level."

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 06, 14:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To resolve this issue if it is already ocurring, you may use the Thinking Cap Aspiration Reward when your Sim is less than Gold Aspiration level.  This will cause you to lose skill points.  When your Sim loses the number of cooking skills they received over the maximum 10 they will be able to use their cooking skill at the maximum skill level."

Typical maxis 'hunting spiders with a shotgun'-type answer. Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 06, 14:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, obviously, the EASY answer is just to drag it up and down in debug mode, but that's not an answer you can give to sheep.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 06, 15:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue can be prevented by downloading and installing The Sims 2 Patch.

I have this patch, it still occured.

Well, obviously, the EASY answer is just to drag it up and down in debug mode, but that's not an answer you can give to sheep.

I was on my way to do this, but the problem became easier to solve. All I had to do was re-enter the house. The sim seems to have reset himself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: