More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:59:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Visiting campus at inconvenient times
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Visiting campus at inconvenient times  (Read 11795 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Visiting campus at inconvenient times
« on: 2005 September 06, 20:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a Greek house in my Uni neighborhood for a few days now and as much as I appreciate not having to buy food because they are always bringing back pizzas from campus, is it possible to create a "check" that prevents them from running off at inconvenient times? Most importantly for me are between 12AM-6AM when I'd like my Sim to stay in bed and if the Sim has a class or exam in less than an hour. Even playing with free will off doesn't stop them from wandering off at 3AM for a pizza when they aren't even hungry.  Roll Eyes

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Visiting campus at inconvenient times
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 06, 22:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, it's a darned nuisance , and if they need to get cooking skills, it's a waste!  Besides, they put the darned things down in the most inconvenient places and then forget they're there!

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 06, 23:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention how even if there's a pizza already on the lot, some other "bright" Greek house roommate will attempt to wander off lot to bring home another one. How much pizza does one house with three guys need?
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 07, 00:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played a Greek House yet, but is there any sort of hack that prevents them from visiting campus at all? It sounds more like a pain to me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 07, 01:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it can be useful if they bring stuff back that you can sell!  And if they get addicted to the darn car, you just have to keep selling them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 07, 01:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'd rather use the time to skillbuild them then have them drag back chairs and remote control cars. Is there anyway to get them to visit campus altonomiously?
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 07, 02:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a sleep later patch at her Simlogical site:
http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2patches.htm

The Sims will stay in bed until between 7-10AM

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 07, 03:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you see them about to go, you can just unclick the icon!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 07, 04:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you see them about to go, you can just unclick the icon!

Unfortunately for me, they seem to decide to go on a
 walkabout to Campus when I'm busy concentrating on something else. It's like they know I'm concentrating and they think "Ooh good, she's busy, so while she's not watching I'll just do the bolt to the nearest campus, bring home a pizza though, ergh, Im not really hungry and damn that crate will make a mighty fine coffee table too"   Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 07, 04:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's patch doesn't stop them waking-up to go fetch pizzas, unfortunately.  However, Carrigon has a hack to stop them visiting campus so often, or even to stop them going at all.  You can get it here: http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1273&highlight=campus

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 07, 04:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like sims who can think for themselves, even if their thoughts don't necessarily coincide with mine!  I really feel I've achieved something when a sim goes for a pee before a bath or shower, without being told to!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 07, 04:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's patch doesn't stop them waking-up to go fetch pizzas, unfortunately.  However, Carrigon has a hack to stop them visiting campus so often, or even to stop them going at all.  You can get it here: http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1273&highlight=campus

They can still get pizza and now they can sleep in, too!  Best of both worlds.  Can't blame them for wanting pizza at whatever hour I guess.

I think Windkeeper has a child's toy oven hacked to allow them to cook and eat pizza, too bad the Frat boys couldn't do the same.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 07, 05:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like sims who can think for themselves, even if their thoughts don't necessarily coincide with mine!  I really feel I've achieved something when a sim goes for a pee before a bath or shower, without being told to!

Oh yes, I do love it so when my sim pees before showering. It gives me a little thrill to think that they may have learnt enough to realise that it makes sense to do that!! Even if they don't do it all of the time.  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 07, 06:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much nicer than peeing in the shower!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 07, 06:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much nicer than peeing in the shower!!!

You know, I'm sure I remember that hppening in the Sims 1....do the Sims still pee in the shower? I can't recall seeing that in this newest Sims game.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 07, 06:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on the Maxis ea site that sims would bring stuff home, like furniture, when they're at Uni, but have never seen them do so. Is it only Greek house inmates that do that? I don't play Greek houses so that would explain why I've never seen it.

Hi aussieone, I'm almost 100% sure I've seen the bladder bar go green when the sims are in the shower in sims2.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 07, 06:43:29 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 07, 07:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on the Maxis ea site that sims would bring stuff home, like furniture, when they're at Uni, but have never seen them do so. Is it only Greek house inmates that do that?

That would be correct. Although I can't remember at which level are they then able to start bringing stuffs other than pizzas back from campus. That's the main (and possibly only) reason why I insist on keeping greek houses going, 'cos it's fun to see what's in the black trash they brought home then see them cheer even over something like a bonsai tree  Grin.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 07, 09:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi aussieone, I'm almost 100% sure I've seen the bladder bar go green when the sims are in the shower in sims2.

Hi Witch,

Thanks for the info....I must be more observant when I play the game next. Either that or I have Sims that are too neat and anal retentive to pee in the shower. I must make one in CAS with low neatness points and see if the dirty bugger pees in the shower  Shocked

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 07, 16:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one of my sims pee in the shower. he's a very sloppy sim

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 07, 18:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on the Maxis ea site that sims would bring stuff home, like furniture, when they're at Uni, but have never seen them do so. Is it only Greek house inmates that do that? I don't play Greek houses so that would explain why I've never seen it.

Yes, I believe only Sims living on Greek lots can wander off and bring goodies home. There are "benefits" for each level of Greek house - with 3 family friends Sims can (and will, repeatedly) go and bring back pizza and with 15 family friends they will come back with little things like plants and such.

AncientSim, thanks for the link to Carrigon's fix! I had totally forgotten about that one. I really don't mind them visiting campus, I'd just like a sanity check involved but in the meantime tuning it down will definitely work.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 08, 04:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don Lothario pees in the shower!  If the water goes all over the floor when they shower, they can pee in it - but only if you don't tell them to have a pee first!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 08, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the peeing subject (as opposed to the actual thread subject), I downloaded a hack from MTS2 that lets the sims pee in the bushes. I always heard they could do that, but I'd never actually seen it in my game. It's really funny to see!

You ever notice that when the male children pee it sounds like a xylophone?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 08, 16:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't a hack, sims can pee in the bushes with just TS2. However, I don't believe it's an autonomous interaction. Maybe that's what the hack did?

EDIT: See The Email Challenge for more informative information.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 08, 16:41:24 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 08, 16:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, sorry, meant to clarify that. You can tell the sims to "water the plant", now. I don't think you can command them to, otherwise. I never tried, though.

Edit to add:
Just noticed there's a whole thread dedicated to the xylophone peeing children. Pardon my redundancy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 08, 17:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just about to let you know!  I suppose a xylophone is better than a thunderbox!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: