More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:26:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  interminable pregnancy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: interminable pregnancy  (Read 8470 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
interminable pregnancy
« on: 2006 July 24, 17:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read something about this somewhere before, but I couldn't find it when I searched. I had a sim who looked pregnant but wasn't. I tried deleting her, and forcing an error, but nothing helped. Eventually, I got her pregnant again, in some hope of trying to reset her body. It seems to have worked, but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice.

(You can read about her trials and tribulations here: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=104448)

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: interminable pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 24, 18:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a 5 day pregnancy before when I hadn't played on the lot for a while, but never one that looked pregnant while she wasn't....talk about a phantom pregnancy!

On a sidenote...YAY! New Ugolino story Grin

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 24, 19:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of my incarnations of Strangetown Vidcund Curious had a phantom pregnancy. I think my problem was due to the usual glitchy weirdness of the Curious lot. I'd moved Vidcund and his alien daughter and Pascal and his alien son each to their own place; Lazlo, girlfriend Crystal Vu, and friend Kristen Singles were the only ones living on the lot. One time when I was playing the lot Vidcund did a "walk by" which wasn't weird except he was back in his maternity clothes. When I went back to his lot he looked pregnant but never gave birth. He'd rub his belly, wife Erin would talk to his belly and rub it and he couldn't go to work either. I ended up boolproping him pregnant so he'd finally give birth and be able to go back to work.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 24, 19:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke was (falsely) pregnant for ages in my game; had to use SimPE to get her straightened out but even now in her "golden years" she still waddles about, sans bulging belly.

As soon as I finish my four-unit assisted living apartments ("Obscurity Flats") she and Darren will be moving in.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 24, 20:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you been dabbling in the non-awesome again?

Anyway, I wonder if forcing an error on the Pregnancy Controller using the FFS Debugger would have done the exact same thing.  You can't force an error on it directly, but I believe it's an offworld object so you can do "Force Error -> Offworld" or "Force Error -> All" with the debugger.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 24, 23:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I never dabble in the non-awesome, and I tried the FFS debugger as you suggest, to no avail.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 25, 00:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem with a sim who actually got pregnant with only 4 days to go until she turned elder. Between then and the next time I played the lot, I installed the latest OFB patch, which reset her, and she was no longer pregnant.  But she continued to walk like she was.  I finally solved it by checking her in SimPE, where I found that the first pregnancy indicator was no longer checked ('invisible pregnancy'), but the second was, so she acted like she was pregnant without actually being so.  Clearing all the pregnancy indicators solved the problem in my case, though if you want her pregnant, I guess restoring the missing indicator should let it proceed normally.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 25, 04:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim that I could not abort her pregnancy with SimPe or Insimenator. She would abort it, everything would be normal, preggo test negative and then the next day she would get a bump.

I think she got pregnant five times before I gave up.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 25, 05:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard an amusing tale about a sim born pregnant once, where she would just constantly (and immaculately) spawn baby after baby unstoppably, like a Tribble.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 25, 07:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! That's impressive.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 25, 07:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read a story by someone who had a birth glitch and ended up with 6 babies.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 25, 12:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne had a sort of phantom pregnancy in my game.  She had Don Lothario's baby, then when she was at my brothel with another of her Romance Sim lovers (she's Pleasure) they Tried For Baby, so I let her get pregnant to Don again.  Then I decided I didn't want her pregnant to him again because I needed her to provide an heir for the King of Duluth (exiled from Maple Valley) who had 4 daughters and a wife who was too old to provide him with the much-needed son.  I deleted her pregnancy in SimPE and went to her lot, where she was just about to go to work.  At that point, she changed into maternity clothes and a message came up saying she couldn't go to work, but she was able to go anyway.  When she came home she still had the bump and was waddling, but eventually she sorted herself out and realised she wasn't pregnant anymore.  Silly Brynne.

BTW, that's a great story, Rohina.  Read the first day of your Bachelorette challenge, too.  Going to have to go through all your legacy stories now, I think.  I can't resist the well-written humorous ones. 
« Last Edit: 2006 July 25, 13:05:50 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 26, 04:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think i have the solution on my buglist under kmlough in maxisverse, but anyway, you use the testing cheats/tomstone of LD, inseminator..etc.. you leave the lot and open next door.  summon them to your lot.  use the tombstone to add them to your family.  save and leave. go back home and do the same thing to bring them back to the family.   they show up unpregnant, or give birth after the first move.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 26, 05:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, tried the whole moving thing. Actually, I think what might have started it was moving when she was in labour, but I had no choice because the lot was unloadable.

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 26, 07:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when the lots become unplayable (and i hate that)  i have so far been able to move them out and into another lot.     did you do that?  if all else failed i'd use the insiminator to switch back and forth .... i just used it to fix a bizarre life state by forcing sim state on it.

Life is tough.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 26, 16:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I did that. If you read the story which I posted a link to, you would have seen the problem and you could have read all the steps I took in my attempts to correct it.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 26, 16:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be off topic, but when are we going to get a continuation of the Anti-Bachelor Story, Rohina?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 26, 17:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the pictures, I just need to write it up. Maybe if people nagged me a bit more.  Smiley

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 26, 17:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Consider yourself nagged. I love your stories. Nice and SFW and they're funny. =)

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 26, 20:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nags rohina*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 26, 22:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the glitchy pregnancy, but it made for a hilarious story!
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 28, 06:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, the story is about the glitchy pregnancy.  i have a funny story like that.   from a fire during pregnancy.. let me look...

burning twins and a new sim addict
http://tinyurl.com/9b3md

Life is tough.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 28, 07:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Okay. Your story is like my story. Did you read my story?

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 28, 08:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, the story is about the glitchy pregnancy.  i have a funny story like that.   from a fire during pregnancy.. let me look...

burning twins and a new sim addict
http://tinyurl.com/9b3md

Because I have a feeling you might not comprehend Rohina's sarcasm: that was nothing like what happened in her story whatsoever. The fact that both involved twin babies is the only similarity. If you do read her story, you might learn a few things.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 31, 15:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* reggikko also nags rohina
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: