More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:28:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The World's Slowest Sims Player
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The World's Slowest Sims Player  (Read 13575 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: The World's Slowest Sims Player
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 06, 01:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi was a wonderful mother in my game.  She raised 11 children, two of which were twins.  I felt sorry for her sometimes, working full time and caring for all those kids, but her husband and older children helped out.  She was pregnant so much that she stayed at one career level forever!  She finally made it to Mayor of Sim City, where she stayed until right before her husband died, when she got a bad chance card and got fired. Sad  Then she decided to go into the culinary field, where she is now Celebrity Chef.  She had the podium from her politics career and coached all her kids in building charisma.  Lazy?  She rarely ever had a chance to sit down, until now that her children are all grown up and married.

My Cassandra was the same way, a very loving mother and wife.  I made her a CAS husband who was the brother of the Sim I made for Brandi.  She found out what kind of sim Don Lothario was when she caught him cheating, and she dumped his sorry ass after she beat him up.  She occasionally has a fear of him dying, but it's hard to get over your first love.  Other than that, she has never shown any interest in other men.

It's strange how the same sims can end up different ways in different games!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 06, 01:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly is!  But I'm afraid every version of Cassandra I've played, she's been the same!  And I get sick of her turning up after work dressed as Captain Hero!  Not to mention walking around town in the costume as well - she's only a Lieutenant or Detective or something in my present game!  And Dustin brought Beau up, and Keanu!  - not once but in every game I've played!  Sometimes Brandi got the "taught to" memory, but only because Dustin had got them almost there, and she just finished it - had to do that to get her out of the red!

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 06, 10:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't just play one house!  I eventually get bored with one family and have to move on to another, then later down the line I'll play that house again!

One house, two houses, four houses....I'm way too ADD for that. Shocked

I counted up last night.  I have 19 active houses with 42 Sims, five of them begun as game born Sims.  Virtually all of the houses and individual Sims have their own story lines....no wonder I'm so slow.  Takes quite awhile to take pictures of all of that burnt chillli!  Cheesy

-----------------

I love hearing how other people's Maxis Sims turned out!  My Daniel Pleasant is a very sweet elder who married Kaylynn and had one more beautiful daughter, Penelope.  Mary Sue & Daniel broke up and both moved out (oops, I didn't realize what I was doing) shortly after my game started, leaving the twins on their own.  Lilith & Angela (who has turned out great)  had to start getting along to survive. 

Daniel is my only romance Sim who has no problem being faithful  (albeit to the maid he was seeing on the side when the game started!)

Mary Sue is a stone cold *itch.  She lost her job on a chance card, left her husband and her twins, and became a criminal .... which she is very good at.  She's been completely nasty to both of her daughters whenever they've been together, it's appalling.  They no longer try.  Mary Sue is a fun character, though, because she's completely amoral and a refreshing change from all of my Really Nice People.

Brandi Broke...couldn't stand her.  She was a terrible mother.  I killed her off, my only Sim death.  (Weirdest outbreak of flies...seemingly from nowhere. Cheesy )  Her kids went into the adoption pool where they were adopted by good and loving families.

Mortimer Goth married a lovely CAS elder in one of my key families.  Cassandra was upset and moved herself and Alexander out.  Since I don't use money cheats, the money order hack was invaluable to give the younger Goths a proper start to life on their own.  Goths don't start out life with 20k!

I'm anxious to get back to a number of these story lines, but keeping 42 dang people in sync.....I'm a little slow.  (Wait, that was the point, wasn't it....)

Smiley

Andrea

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 06, 12:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a shame though for Dustin Broke!  He'd have lost not only his fathr and mother, but both his brothers too!  And he is really good at raising them, although of course he does have to have the nanny!  But by the time he's sold the double bed and the pinball machine he's got enough until he leaves school (this was before uni) and gets a job.  And since it was before uni, but after the patch, no nanny problems!

Zephyr Zodiac
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 06, 14:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Dustin died when he was still in his teens. I think it may have been because he was too tired to eat. Brandi had an affair with Daniel Pleasant and had a daughter by him, but died in a kitchen fire when Bubbles was still a toddler. (Uni seemed to significantly increase the incidence of kitchen fires. I never bothered with smoke alarms before I installed it, but now they're a necessity.) While her youngest son wasn't old enough to plead for her (Beau was in work) he had the presence of mind to ring the nanny so they didn't go into care. The three of them coped alone for a while, but after Beau went to college Bubbles moved in with her dad and is now being brought up by Dirk and Lilith. My sister's Brandi, meanwhile, is a retired policewoman with nine grandchildren whom she loves dearly. Her Dustin has five children by three different women and is a couple of days off being an elder.

Cassandra is married to Darren Dreamer and they have three sons. They are very happy together and bore me rigid. She didn't have anything to do with her father after his marriage to Dina and completely ignored Alexander too. Alexander has turned out kind of warped. He spends his time attacking college mascots with his SimVac and ringing up secret society members.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 06, 15:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a shame though for Dustin Broke!  He'd have lost not only his fathr and mother, but both his brothers too!  And he is really good at raising them, although of course he does have to have the nanny!  But by the time he's sold the double bed and the pinball machine he's got enough until he leaves school (this was before uni) and gets a job.  And since it was before uni, but after the patch, no nanny problems!

Oh my Lord!  What have I done?   Embarrassed

I feel so guilty now.... I stuck Dustin in a house with Don Lothario and have barely played him at all.  Just enough to age him to adult in line with Lilith, but not with any sense of purpose or story.

I had no idea he was such a good egg, teenage criminal thing and all.

Well, Beau hasn't forgotten him, even though he has done so well in his new family.  (The relationship is there but not the Sims memories....) Perhaps I can reunite them and make some good things happen for Dustin.

One measly death, just one, and I'm racked with guilt....  Wink

Andrea

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 06, 21:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to pause and go all the time, too. Otherwise nothing would ever get done.

Then we made Macrotastics. No more having to pause to give orders to everyone in a family of 8 and make sure they're all productively employed. Macrotastics is like having me breathe down the neck of sims all the time! And you know I'm awesome!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 07, 01:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend not to play Maxis neighborhoods, mostly because I perfer to make neighborhoods myself. However, I do like making neighborhoods based off of shows and games that I like. (in fact, the neighborhood I play the most is based off a cartoon) However, I tend to be lax as far as following every single bit of canon about the show. I follow the important stuff and personalities of the characters, but with minor details, I just simply say "screw it."

Anyway, my speed tends to depend on what my goal is. If I want to age them, I play quickly, with aging on (apparently). I tend to take shortcuts and tend to socialize only when the social is low. However, if I want them to get established in their jobs, to work on relationships, or anything of that sort, I turn off aging and work on that aspect until it is settled enough for me to turn aging on.

I use the fast forward and pause a lot. I fast forward when they're skilling, or doing something which they won't autonomiously pull away from it. However, I pause to make sure they won't do something stupid.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 09, 18:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one playing in Veronaville?  Anyway, I'm playing all the Maxis-made characters, including the resurrected dead ones there.  I only made one CAS and married him to a townie.  All teens have gone to college - right now there are 5 aliens there and 3 normals.  I had my first deaths last weekend, of 2 who started out as elders.  Fortunately they died platinum so I got the fancy tombstones.  I have 18 occupied houses in the neighborhood so I'm running out of places to put the graduates (and resurrectees). 

I am definitely not getting bored - I keep coming up with new ideas for playing, like putting the alien graduates in a lab where they can experiment on the ugly townies.  I'm really looking forward to that!

Vicki
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 10, 01:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since my new custom n'hood 2 months ago I have just managed to get the first bunch of uni teenagers all at the right age. I made a couple per house to give some breeding options for generation 2.

None of my new sims have yet died, though a couple of CAS made elders are not far off. There are no 2nd generation births as yet - I'm looking forward to the variety now I know custom skins and genetics overide Maxis ones, I just made sure all my new sims were custom, so I'll get some random variety.

I don't play the lots really well in turn, I'll stay with a lot until an objective is completed usually, although I have made these three families stay in sync for the oldest teens to go to uni.

In my first n'hood, that got corrupted, I had only managed to see one sim die of old age.

Slow? Yup! I do play with aging on and macrotastics have certainly speeded my game up but I'm still slow. I like having time to make decisions and plot objectives, I play with big families and they do take a lot more management. I don't like games where I cannot pause and think, I get flustered so the sims suits me fine. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 10, 10:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehehe, I am probably about the most anally retentive sims-aging-player ever.

So I shall make my sad confessions of an obsessive control freak and then run and hids before you allpoint and laugh.

I only ever play one neighbourhood.  It's the same neighbourhood I used to play in TS1 (I recreated the entire thing in TS2 I am so attached to these sims lol) And it has no Maxis sims.  Now it's quite large, featuring some 80 or so families (or rather houses, the families have become so intwined not even I know where each one starts or ends) And because I am aware that with this number of sims my beloved hood is probably soon going to become a BFBVFS I always pla y with aging off, the less they age the less they can have kids, it's my version of population control.  However, I'm not cruel enough to condemn my sims to eternity in stasis, no sir,  I DO allow them to age, in turn, on a periodic basis, based on their birthdays. And I mean real actual birthdays lol. So it will take me two full human years to play each sim from birth to adulthood.  What happens beyond that depnds on how much I like them.  I even have a spreadsheet with all of my sims on it, and when in real human time they are allowed to progress to the next life stage.  In this way, I hope to be able to nurse my ailing and overflowing hood through just a little bit longer.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 10, 17:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Joreene, I am officially not[/b] the World's Slowest Sims player!

Cheesy

I love the responses in this thread....apparently I'm not as odd as I thought I was.

Or rather, I'm in the company of people as odd...guess it depends on how you look at it.

The next time my son nags me about how slow I am, I'm sending him to Joreene's house.  (He doesn't eat much, really, he won't be a burden)   Wink

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 13, 00:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally caught Nina Caliente up to Dina agewise, and moved the two respective families in together in a nice, big shiny house.  Dina has her two boys from Mortimer (teens Simon and Benjamin) and Nina has new husband Komei Tellerman (an impulse decision) and 3 children (newly teened Sophie and Brendan by Don, and baby Tina by Komei) living with them.

Soon all of the teens will be heading off to University so I won't have to stress too much about having 7 sims in a house for long.

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: