More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:30:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Invisible Visitors (With Pic)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible Visitors (With Pic)  (Read 18346 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Invisible Visitors (With Pic)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 25, 16:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get invisible vistors now and then - all the EPs plus Family Fun (no holiday, no glamour), no recolors of Myne doors. I've not been able to figure out what causes it. Seems like there's an option on the Lot Debugger that will make them go away (I usually try that before anything else) but I also use insim off and on so maybe it was on that (also works pretty well for selecting and making over townies, except one poor teen got joined to the family and immediately ran away - must have been having a hard time - so my poor family got red memories of someone they didn't even know. The MTS2 hack would be better :). I also use "say goodbye to everyone" whenever I'm getting rid of all of them and "clear offworld loiterers" if it comes up, just to make sure they all go away.

Unsouper
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 18, 10:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if Tom's clothing tester is to blame?  That can cause invisibility apparently...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3391.msg101074.html#msg101074
I know I've used it a couple of times, but I've no idea if it's connected to my invisible sims.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Invisible Visitors
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 18, 12:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as getting townies, etc to wear different clothes. I downloaded a mod by Christianlov over at MTS2 that takes care of that quite nicely. You click on the clothes rack and tell it whose clothes you want to change. (Buy clothes for townie).  It will charge the amount of purchase to whichever sim family has the rack in their house, in other words, whoevers lot you are on. That person will then come onto the lot, walk over to the clothes rack and then the "buy clothes" popup displays. Choose the clothes that you want them to wear. As a bonus, the next screen is the makup screen and the one after that is the surgery screen so if you want to make-over those ugly townies, you can do it.

Just do a search for Christianlov on MTS2.

Now that is wonderful. None of the clothes changing mods work for me either, so I'm doomed to have my eyes bleed at the horrible outfits the townies sport. I'll definitely try that one out. I hope it works. Whoever dreamed up those outfits that the townies default to is either seriously taste-challenged, or a raging sadist. Thanks Magicmoon

Personally, the townies never really bothered me. One has only to visit the local shopping centre to see that most people in this world are not particularly good-looking, nor are they particularly well-dressed. That said, I did use Christianlov's hacked clothing rack to dress all my townies in medieval clothes. The only problem is that it charges your sims per outfit, like when they go shopping, so unless your simmies are rich, this may not be the best option. I don't normally resort to using money cheats, but I must admit to using 'kaching' a few times in this instance. After all, it was for the greater good. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 20, 01:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this exact same problem!  There are completely invisible Sims wandering around my business lots.  (I have OFB and FFS but not Pets.)  Has anyone had any breakthroughs / revelations on this?

A couple days ago, I posted the issue on Sims2Forum and someone replied that I had a "corrupted objects package," something like that.  (You know, the one that goes kablooey if Mrs. C. gets vamped?)  Unfortuntaely the mods locked my thread before I could reply to get more information... :-S

Here's my attempt at a work-around: First of all (and most importantly), none of the "Change Townie" mods / items I have work reliably.  So I used the Insiminator instead.  First I made the invisi-Sim "selectable," then changed their age to "Elder."  Voila!  They became visible wearing a new, randomly-generated outfit.  Then I changed their age back to "Adult," and they remained visible.

I saved and let that Sim exit the lot.  Yay, I thought. I've solved the problem!

...Two days later, that same Sim comes back to shop.  You guessed it; she's invisible again!

I very highly suspect this is an issue related to clothing changes on non-played characters.  I would say "Townies," except that someone else has problems with non-Townies behaving this way.

I'm going to keep working on this, and trying to narrow down what's causing it.  It's just a minor annoyance but... on the other hand, if I have a "corrupted" whatever... that could be really bad news.  The BFFOS kind of bad news, maybe? Sad
« Last Edit: 2006 December 20, 02:58:35 by aimlesscoyote » Logged

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to charitable causes! - 90% goes to me!*
.......Which come to think of it is kinda the same thing. :-/
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 20, 02:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an invisible sim once. It was a townie that I aged from Teen to Adult and tried to change her outfit. I obviously did something wrong, because her thumbnail made it look like she was naked, and after that whenever she'd show up, she'd be invisible. I had a playable sim invite her over on a date and then had him get into the hot tub. This made her get into her swimsuit which made her visible. Once I had her visible, I had the playable sim invite her to move in and just made her a playable sim.

Probalby not the response you or anyone else is looking for, but... It worked for me. Wink

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 20, 08:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My old post in this thread is stupid, thus because I'm stupid.

Back before any of the expansion packs, I had invisible sims constanlty. Kids coming home from school with playables, adults from work with playable; I even had a damn headmaster become invisible a few times.

It completely stopped once I installed Uni. I've seen the dormies become partly invisible, but know it's because they escaped their myne door before it could pull them into the void that is a dormies room.

has anyone had non myne door invisibility happen since they installed NL or OFB?

edit: I think a invisible sim occurs when the game forgets to properly load the sim animations when they arrive at a lot, which would explain the dormy and customers also. The dormy goes into the myne and the code starts to make them vanish, but they cancel fast enough to escape and are now in a partly loaded state. The same happens when a customer is leaving the lot without paying and comes back invisible; the part that loads their animation never turned back on, because they never exactly left.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 20, 08:23:11 by ThyGuy » Logged

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 20, 09:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your theory sounds plausible as I've seen the Myne door invisibility happen. But those tended to have a ghost appearance in my game. It is possible that some of the complete invisibility also came from those though.

But I've also had an occasional visitor turn invisible while visiting a residential lot. These visitors are playables, but were visitors at the moment because it wasn't their lot. I greeted them and they were normal. Later I couldn't locate them until I saw the pool table with hovering pool cues like the game was playing itself. Since no Myne doors were on these lots, it can't explain all of the invisibility problems.

I haven't seen the invisibility problems since installing OFB and Pets, but then maybe it comes in "runs" like so much other sadorandomness that occurs in this game.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 20, 10:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thyguy, I like your theory about partly-loaded Sims entering business lots.  I wonder if that could be a problem with the portal?  The only thing that makes me question the possibility is that the invisibility seems to happen again and again with the same handful of Townies.

I don't use Myne doors so I'm pretty sure those aren't causing the problem.

Maybe the problem will resolve itself when I install Pets.  *tries to look hopeful*

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 20, 17:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting enough, I just had a invisible dormy that was fighting wwith another dormy. He had just come back from class.

My first post in this thread was totally wrong, don't do anything I said. and...

DO NOT BURNATE THEM! DO-NOT-BURNATE-THEM!

I decided to see if I really could burnate them, and it crashed the entire game.

Forcing a error doesn't work, they reset, but are still invisible.

Catching them on fire also causes a instant crash. XD

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 20, 19:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting enough, I just had a invisible dormy that was fighting wwith another dormy. He had just come back from class.

My first post in this thread was totally wrong, don't do anything I said. and...

I decided to see if I really could burnate them, and it crashed the entire game.

Compare:

and

(click on the images for bigger versions).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 20, 19:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compare:

and

(click on the images for bigger versions).

Damn you spell nazi! I shall simply say -burn- when speaking of that term!!
« Last Edit: 2006 December 20, 21:04:35 by ThyGuy » Logged

aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 21, 02:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!

Okay I won't burn, burnate, OR burninate them!  I'll just glower at them and say "damn you, invisii-Sims!"

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: