More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:35:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Coral Oldie is pregnant!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Coral Oldie is pregnant!  (Read 10557 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Coral Oldie is pregnant!
« on: 2005 September 04, 00:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had this happen?  I got the option to 'try for baby" so I did.  Now, she's pregnant and has morning sickness.  They're elders!  How is this possible.  On the age bar it shows his as 5 days old and her as 3 days old.  Is this a glitch in my game?  I'm anxious to see if she gets a belly.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Coral Oldie is pregnant!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 04, 01:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure she's an elder in SimPE - might be worth checking.  I've just changed her and Herb to adults, also Mortimer and his ladyfriend some time back.  They still look the same and can only wear elder clothes, but their body shape, walk and voice are like adults and they don't keep having to pee!  Mortimer has been to every graduation, sports or toga party in Sims State Uni, and has hundreds of best friends and is the life and soul of the party!

So maybe for some reason your game misread something in Coral's file and made her an adult by mistake!  I did it so she has the energy to fulfil her LTW!  She and Herb adopted a daughter while they were still elders, but I thought I'd make it easier for her!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 04, 01:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had this happen?  I got the option to 'try for baby" so I did.  Now, she's pregnant and has morning sickness.  They're elders!  How is this possible.  On the age bar it shows his as 5 days old and her as 3 days old.  Is this a glitch in my game?  I'm anxious to see if she gets a belly.

I had that happen to Isabella Monty, I also had the teen woo hoo mod installed.  Do you have any mods that might affect that?  Now, without the teen woo hoo mod, they can't 'try for baby'   Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 04, 01:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the teen woohoo mod has other side effects?  It appeared in my game when I downloaded a house, and all sorts of strange things started to happen, and I nearlylost my hood!

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 04, 01:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the teen woohoo hack but I've never had it affect elders.  The age bar says they're elders.  I haven't checked PE.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 04, 03:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe it's because Coral is desperate to marry off six children (at least, I think that's her LTW) and she only has Mary-Sue!  I'd check inSimPE, though, in case for some reason she has been altered.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 04, 04:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the teen woohoo hack you have is the Inteenimator, that gives elders a 'Try For Baby' optiion.  She won't have the baby, though, unless you make her an adult temporarily until it's delivered.  I had this happen with Jennifer Burb, although nothing to do with the Inteenimator (wasn't installed then).  She moved into a new house and got pregnant all by herself while standing outside before moving in.  The father was John Burb, not sure how he managed it.  She was 3 days off elder at the time, I think.  I had no idea she was pregnant until she was about 10 years into elder, when she suddenly appeared on someone's lot wearing maternity gear and waddling.  Took her 13 years to get to that point!  When I went into her house, she was in normal gear, but changed to maternity straightaway.  It explained why she'd always been hungry and got tired easily.  I thought she was just being awkward.

In the end I brought her back as a zombie thinking she'd be an adult, but she was still an elder, so I aged her down and let her have the baby.  As she has always irritated me beyond measure, I removed the 'zombie curse' so she would age and die again.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 04, 04:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the inteenimator (?sp) but I removed it a couple of days ago.  For some reason, I still have all the options.  Anyway, the InSimenator's reproduction mod says she's pregnant but it's been 5 days and no baby.  I guess we know why.  Thanks all.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 04:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think there's a newer version of the inteenimator that fixed the elders getting pregnant business.

with the one i had pre-uni, elders were forever getting knocked up via the risky woohoo. and you didn't even have the option for their biological clock so you could abort the mission.

i play with debug on, so once it came time to transition into the second semester, i'd get a "pregnancy controller" error every 10 seconds. not fun.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 04, 07:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure she's an elder in SimPE - might be worth checking.  I've just changed her and Herb to adults, also Mortimer and his ladyfriend some time back.  They still look the same and can only wear elder clothes, but their body shape, walk and voice are like adults and they don't keep having to pee!  Mortimer has been to every graduation, sports or toga party in Sims State Uni, and has hundreds of best friends and is the life and soul of the party!

So maybe for some reason your game misread something in Coral's file and made her an adult by mistake!  I did it so she has the energy to fulfil her LTW!  She and Herb adopted a daughter while they were still elders, but I thought I'd make it easier for her!!!!!

ZZ,
I am sure you know this, but if you set them to age forward again and then back a second time with the TofL&D, they will take on the normal appearance of a young adult, but then it screws up their job data.  They still have the same job, or old age retirement, but it shows as 'Undeclared Major' where the job data used to be.  I haven't done this in a long time and it was before I had SimPE.  In fact, when Angela and Lillith, went to Uni I sent Mary-Sue with them as a YA and she was the last one I did this way.  When I resurrected Michael Bachelor, I left him grey as I thought he looked rather distinguished.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 04, 12:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way to change ageing is with the Inseminator.  They instantly become the right age in all aspects then, including appearance.  Doing it in SimPE will change their behaviour, but not their appearance (which can be quite useful for stories).  The Tombstone of L&D doesn't work properly, either. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 04, 13:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't want them to actually be adults in all respects, just that I wanted them to have some of the capabilities.  I don't use the insiminator, so I do these kind of things in SimPE.  Since I have to exit my game to do it, and it takes quite a long time to do everything I want in SimPE, it makes me choosy about what i actually do mess with.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 04, 13:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest edition of the Insimenator is fantastic.  You name it, it does it.  Strongly recommended.

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 04, 13:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then I'd be tempted to mess with everything all the time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 04, 14:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest edition of the Insimenator is fantastic.  You name it, it does it.  Strongly recommended.

The TofL&D can be a precarious state, much like VooDoo or not paying enough to Grimmy to resurrect a Sim.  I do like to mess about with things and like you, I have long given up on becoming attached to my Sims.  I don't know about the InSimenator, though, I am still kind of wary of it.  Like ZZ says, I would be too tempted to tinker with things at a constant pace.

Shadow,  How is Coral doing?  I wonder, since the elders are not supposed to be in a pregnant state physically, like the teens, do they not show at all and/or do they walk around naked, too?

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 04, 16:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the option for Coral to try for baby way back before I had any hacks in the game at all.  And she heard the music  but never developed any symptoms of pregnancy nor had a baby.

More recently I did have an elder get pregnant. I don't remember her having the try for baby option,   but she came home from work one day wearing maternity clothes and waddling, though she didn't appear to have a belly.  She had all the symptoms of advancing pregnancy,  kept wearing maternity clothes but never got any bigger.  Her daughter got pregnant after she did and her pregnancy proceeded normally.  Daughter had her baby but mother was still pregnant.  I then used InSimenator to make her an adult.  She immediately popped out a belly and went into labor.  Then I made her an elder again. 

Interesting side effect.  She was created with brown hair,  but when I made her younger she had red hair.  I've noticed that same thing with other sims that I made younger, both with InSimenator and with Simpe.  Mortimer and Michael Bachelor both had blond hair when I de-aged them.  Though their eyebrows were dark. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 04, 17:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wierd!

Coral would hate being naked!

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 04, 23:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadow,  How is Coral doing?  I wonder, since the elders are not supposed to be in a pregnant state physically, like the teens, do they not show at all and/or do they walk around naked, too?

I set her back to adult via the InSimenator so she could have the baby (girl).  As an elder she never did anything after the initial morning sickness, no tummy, no naked (thankfully) not even the pregnant walk.   
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 05, 08:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did she have the baby at least?

And are you going to set her to elder after she has it?

INTJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 05, 10:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think maybe it didn't happen to my coral because I'd already got her to adopt a child!

Zephyr Zodiac
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 06, 00:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had them adopt a child, then I got the option to 'try for baby' and tried it just to see if she would.  I set her back to adult, she had the baby, then I returned her to an elder.  Haven't played that house since but will soon.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 06, 01:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe it's because I don't use any teen woohoo hacks or the Insiminator!

Zephyr Zodiac
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 06, 12:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very cool.  Cool

INTJ
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 06, 22:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think there's a newer version of the inteenimator that fixed the elders getting pregnant business.

with the one i had pre-uni, elders were forever getting knocked up via the risky woohoo. and you didn't even have the option for their biological clock so you could abort the mission.

i play with debug on, so once it came time to transition into the second semester, i'd get a "pregnancy controller" error every 10 seconds. not fun.
I had this with Nina Caliente (elder) some time back.  I tried to abort in game, but it didn't work.  I went into SimPE and deleted her pregancy token as well as unticking her Pregnancy flags, and I had no more problems.  But this was fixed about that time.  I think it's been a month or so at least.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: