More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:07:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Finish At Register Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Finish At Register Fix  (Read 19031 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Finish At Register Fix
« on: 2006 July 13, 08:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finish At Register Fix for TS2FFS v1.0p2
Made by: syberspunk

This addresses a minor bug reported by cwykes which you can read about here. Basically, a minor bug in Maxis code causes a potential 'jump bug' with children and teen shoppers on owned business lots.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
This should work for OFB and FFS.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to cash registers
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

HOW TO PRODUCE AN ERROR LOG:
1) Open the cheat menu - Ctrl + Shift + C
2) Enable the debug mode - Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
3) Hit Enter Tongue
4) Play as normal until an error occurs. If an error dialog box pops up, note the location of the error log and choose Reset. If the error pops up repeatedly, choose Delete and exit WITHOUT SAVING!
5) Post your error log here, preferably as a .zip or .rar archive.

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

:grouphug: J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Special thanks to cwykes for pointing this problem out. Smiley

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

* finishatregisterfix.zip (2.1 KB - downloaded 1439 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 08:56:02 by syberspunk » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Finish At Register Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 13, 13:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when you say MUST go in Downloads do you mean it can't be subfoldered?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 13, 14:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he just copy/pastes the same RTFM (that part of it) for every download, just in case there's hack conflicts it'll load last if it's in the main folder.  I'm sure putting it in a subfolder is fine.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 13, 17:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to throwing an RTFM together for my mods. In general, afaik, you can put almost anything now in subfolders, including skins, hair, makeup, etc. (I think... prior to NL, you couldn't put those type of things in subfolders).

When I say 'MUST be in your Downloads' I am just generalizing that it should be somewhere within that directory tree/path, starting with the Downloads folder. If there are ever any specific, special instructions where any of my hacks have some conflict and load order dependency, you can rest assured that I will provide that extra information/warning. Smiley

For this specific fix, I ran a hack conflict check and did not find anything else that clashed with this. That doesn't mean there aren't any hacks out there that do. So if you find any conflicts, let me know, and I"ll make note of them.

Ste

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 12, 12:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had the cashier exhibit the jump bug while helping teens (children are banned from business. Little bastards), which always puzzled when when the owner would unquere.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 20, 23:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This fix is now deprecated. It looks like Maxis actually fixed it, at least according to the code. Tongue

So if you have Pets, you don't need it. This fix is for OFB ONLY (even if you have the most recent patch, it was not fixed in the patch).

Ste

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 21, 18:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Pets so I'll keep the fix thanks.  Is that new error logfile mailed you another variant on the problem? and if so, is that one fixed in Pets too or does it need a fix?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 21, 21:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. That is weird. It looks like the same error that was reported before. Are you sure you have the fix installed? From your error log:

Build: 1.3.0.351
at May 25 2006,05:38:31

Object id: 96
name: Controller - Visitor
Stack size: 3
Error: Object referred to must be a person.
Iterations: 58
  Frame 2:
    Stack Object id: 96
    Stack Object name: Controller - Visitor
    Node: 10
    Tree: id 1242 name 'Shops - Finish At Register' version -32754
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 473    Locals: 0 108 216
  Frame 1:
    Stack Object id: 212
    Stack Object name: N003_User00211 - Reuben
    Node: 27
    Tree: id 4140 name 'Kid Collection - Check for Kid Collection' version -32751
    from Controller_Visitor
    Params:    Locals: 96 0
  Frame 0:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 27
    from Controller_Visitor
    Params:    Locals: 20

It is barfing at Node 10, which should correspond to line A when you open up the BHAV in SimPE. However... it doesn't make sense if you have the fix installed. The line in the fix is:

A: [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object ID := Param 0x0000)

But the error msg:

Error: Object referred to must be a person.

doesn't make sense for this line. It seems more likely that it would correspond to the line in the original Maxis EA code:

A: Push Interaction: #0x4 of Local 2 onto the stack object's queue, user driven priority, Icon Index is 0x1, use name; true: B, false: B

The code is more likely to barf on this line, it is trying to push an interaction onto the stack object. If you look at the previous lines of code, it sets the stack object to Me, and the Me running the code is the Visitor Controller, which is not a person. Hence the barfage.

Code:
A: [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object ID 0x0000 := Param 0x0000)

B: [prim 0x0002] Expression (Neighbor in stack object 0x0000 > Literal 0x0000)

C: [prim 0x0002] Expression (Stack Object ID 0x0000 := Neighbor in stack object 0x0000)

D: [prim 0x000D] Push Interaction (# 0x04 of Local 0x0002, user driven priority)

E: [global 0x0119] Wait For Notify (Literal 0x0000, Literal 0x0001)

Maybe you have some other hack that is overriding the fix? I would scan your hacks to see if there is anything that conflicts. When I looked at the Maxis EA code for Pets, it has essentially the same tests that I stuck in that should prevent this error.

Ste

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 22, 16:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hangs head and shuffles feet....   I've been shuffling downloads around to try and find out why my game is jumping out of actions occasionally and you're right it's not in my game.  It's not in folder of the things I took out either, which is why I thought it was in the game.  I found another cache of things in a safe place.   Very sorry to waste your time. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 29, 21:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had the cashier exhibit the jump bug while helping teens (children are banned from business. Little bastards), which always puzzled when when the owner would unquere.

That sucks.  Kids should be able to buy toys and presents for mom and dad.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: