More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:11:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 14511 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Is this possible?
« on: 2005 September 02, 16:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to create a hood with an uni attached to and delete every single townie and uni townie and put my own in there instead. I also want to replace some of the NPCs that are generated. For instance the Uni teachers. Some are just horratios. I don't want to replace their names, just their shape.

I know that I can replace their looks with Simpe surgery BUT will that change their genetics as well? I mean am I just doing cosmetic surgery on them? I want the new teachers to have the genes of the new face and body.

Is that possible?

Kestran.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 02, 23:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done this. Create new n'hood, create new Uni. delete AllCharacters in each place. Exit game. Put notownieregen and nodormieregen hacks in downloads folder. Boot up game. Create CAS sims in different age groups. Buy them an empty lot, move them in, add Inge's teleport plus bush. Choose 'make me a townie' for each sim. Choose 'clear off all non-residents'. Done. Save lot. You will have to go to the uni n'hood to make uni townies but apparently all NPCs are shared between both places.

Only problem I've seen so far is a custom dorm that hasn't yet attracted any custom townies, but I'll go back and see if I waited long enough before panicking.

I'm think professors could be created from townies? Don't mind if I don't get any actually, can't stand them. I particularly don't like the aspect that students can pass if they bonk the professors, I think that aspect sucks.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 03, 00:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Professors have their own controller that creates them whenever there is fewer than one male or one female for each major. If you don't have any professors, the game will regenerate them all automatically when you begin playing a dorm. Then, you may start to see dormies showing up.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 03, 03:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Would the nodormieregen hack interfere with the generation of professors? If I gotta have them to play the game, I guess I gotta have them. Sad

And as you say Dizzy-two, maybe that's why I'm not seeing dormies move in. Maybe the game lags I saw were generating Professors, not aborted dormies as I suspected.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 03, 04:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Would the nodormieregen hack interfere with the generation of professors?

I don't think it will interfere, at least it didn't in my game. I had deleted the first batch of professors along with many other unwanted characters in SimPE, I reloaded the game, went back to a dorm to start playing, it didn't take long for the game to sort of freeze for a few seconds, chug along excruciatingly at a slow speed before picking up again. I assumed that was due to the regeneration of needed npcs. I saved and quit after a while, opened up SimPE and sure enough, there were new professors created.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 03, 05:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I reloaded the game, went back to a dorm to start playing, it didn't take long for the game to sort of freeze for a few seconds, chug along excruciatingly at a slow speed before picking up again. I assumed that was due to the regeneration of needed npcs. I saved and quit after a while, opened up SimPE and sure enough, there were new professors created.
Well bugger me days, that's exactly what's happened. Opened SimPE and there's 24 of the Professor Parasites smiling their manic blubbery-lipped grins at me. 24 professors for 4 sims. OK  Undecided

Oh, oh, I know what I want for Xmas! A hack that rips lips off sims!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 03, 05:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cosmetic surgery career reward object can do that when it fails.  Sometimes they have no nose or eyes either!
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 03, 23:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I go about jobs for those townies? Will it be enough to enroll the soon to be townies to a job via the computer before assigning them as townies? And of course I don't want all of them to have the bottom lvl job, so how can I using the simpe assign them a higher lvl job? And maybe add more skills to them?

And about hte noregendormies....that will affect ALL hoods right? Even brand new hoods I do not delete chars from?

I don't want to get rid of the teachers...I just want to change their genetical looks perminantly and have their offspring to inherit the new look. Is there a way to do that?

Kestran.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 00:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't mind if I don't get any actually, can't stand them. I particularly don't like the aspect that students can pass if they bonk the professors, I think that aspect sucks.

Considering that in many Universities this would be considered a reason for the professor concerned getting the boot, I think it's immoral to an extent that it should not be included in the game and I won't use it.  I also think the people who make such a fuss about teenagers  being too young to play because of sex, nudity and violence, would do better to concentrate on that particular aspect of the game!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 04, 03:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can change their genetics, I've done it a couple of times.  Rather than going into it all here, this is a link to a post explaining it on MTS2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56241&highlight=facial+genetics

Good Luck with your new-look professors!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 04, 06:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't mind if I don't get any actually, can't stand them. I particularly don't like the aspect that students can pass if they bonk the professors, I think that aspect sucks.
Considering that in many Universities this would be considered a reason for the professor concerned getting the boot, I think it's immoral to an extent that it should not be included in the game and I won't use it.  I also think the people who make such a fuss about teenagers  being too young to play because of sex, nudity and violence, would do better to concentrate on that particular aspect of the game!

Right you are - I totally ignore those perverts.  Everytime one roamed onto the lot, I deleted them, just so I would not have to look at them.  I was also disgusted with this game twist and thought the same thing about all the pre-teens that would be playing. 

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 04, 08:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I work in tertiary institution, in a team that has excellent ethics toward students. Our students are adults and deserving of respect. The way Maxis implemented this game twist of screwing for Uni passes, demeans education and those that work in education. I agree this aspect is far worse for impressionable young sims players than seeing an unblurred sim doll body. What were Maxis thinking?

I also don't let the Professors on the property.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 04, 08:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime one roamed onto the lot, I deleted them....

Inge's Teleporter Painting Plus comes in very handy here  Wink.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 04, 10:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can change their genetics, I've done it a couple of times. Rather than going into it all here, this is a link to a post explaining it on MTS2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56241&highlight=facial+genetics

Does anyone know if it's ok to delete the extracted facial structures file (xml document and packed file) after the work is done? I tend to forget what I did after a while and don't wanna get confused when I look at the stuffs in my backup folders and see the 2 files sitting there  Tongue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 04, 11:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime one roamed onto the lot, I deleted them....

Inge's Teleporter Painting Plus comes in very handy here  Wink.
TwoJeffs' NPC & Visitor Zapper works good too, just set it to zap all professors upon entering the lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 04, 13:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use that, but some still turn up and you have to individually ban them!  And after they leave univ, they get positively stalked on the phone by their ex-professors!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 04, 14:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I particularly don't like the aspect that students can pass if they bonk the professors, I think that aspect sucks.

I had no idea that Maxis put that in to the game. What a bunch of hypocrites. It also shows you just how little I actually play university.

Meh...
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 04, 15:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played the University part of the game much either,  but what time I have played it I never had any professors act inappropriately.   I thought  the students themselves had to initiate those kind of relationships with the professors.  I  never saw anything occur that would even indicate that a student could pass a course just by screwing the professor.  I did note that if they spent time talking with the professors that they got a little boost in their grades.   But  I saw that in real life while in college.   Students that hung around after class to talk with the professor about the subject usually had better grades.  But that also indicated a higher interest in the subject.   If preteens caught on to that feature in Uni I would say they would already know a lot more about the matter than they could learn from the game. 
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 04, 20:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot! Thanks Ancient Sim Smiley And thanks you all this is great.

One more question though, about nodormregen hack...will that effect an already established hoods? And what about newly created hoods I don't plan on deleting all chars? Will those hoods still generate townies and uni dorm townies?

Oh and about the romancing the teachers. I have just recently discovered this feature and one of my Sims (former teen townie) is head over heals with one of her teachers. Its the blond drama teacher. And he is just crazy about her as well. The romance wasn't suppose to happen btw. They two just decided they wanted to be together. I had nothing to do with it and I have to say they do make a lovely couple and he is not bad looking for an NPC. When she graduates I plan on having him moving with her into the recidence hood and marry her.

I find this feature to be useful. I don't feel it is demeaning or degrading to education. After all this is just a game and not real life. Its very useful being friendly to the teachers to get that extra boost to 4.0 grade. And no I don't push the friendlyness to romance. The couple I wrote about above was autonomous love.

Kestran.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 04, 20:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more question though, about nodormregen hack...will that effect an already established hoods? And what about newly created hoods I don't plan on deleting all chars? Will those hoods still generate townies and uni dorm townies?

I haven't used it yet but I would think it would effect all neighborhoods equally.  You wouldn't have to delete any characters for it to work.  But if you marry or otherwise make any of those dormies or townies player characters,  they would not be replaced.  So gradually your townie/dormie population would decrease.   
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 04, 20:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....one of my Sims (former teen townie) is head over heals with one of her teachers. Its the blond drama teacher. And he is just crazy about her as well. The romance wasn't suppose to happen btw. They two just decided they wanted to be together. I had nothing to do with it....

Probably because Drama Professors fall in love with everyone they meet, albeit it's one-sided. Not sure if it's because their sexual preference wasn't tempered with in SimPE i.e. no preference for either sex, so they are bisexual. Found myself going "Huh?? What the #@$%...?!!" when my YAs performed romantic interactions on their partners and the crazy professor rushed over to slap my YAs silly. Looked in SimPE subsequently and saw that she (it was a female, Aurora Chalmers) has a 100/100 + love for all my YAs even though they are not necessarily even friends with her. So, be careful no Drama Professors are on the lot if your YAs has set their heart on someone else.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 04, 22:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or feed the drama professor to the cowplant!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 05, 00:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....one of my Sims (former teen townie) is head over heals with one of her teachers. Its the blond drama teacher. And he is just crazy about her as well. The romance wasn't suppose to happen btw. They two just decided they wanted to be together. I had nothing to do with it....

Probably because Drama Professors fall in love with everyone they meet, albeit it's one-sided. Not sure if it's because their sexual preference wasn't tempered with in SimPE i.e. no preference for either sex, so they are bisexual. Found myself going "Huh?? What the #@$%...?!!" when my YAs performed romantic interactions on their partners and the crazy professor rushed over to slap my YAs silly. Looked in SimPE subsequently and saw that she (it was a female, Aurora Chalmers) has a 100/100 + love for all my YAs even though they are not necessarily even friends with her. So, be careful no Drama Professors are on the lot if your YAs has set their heart on someone else.
This happened to me too.  I was having a party and the next thing I knew one of my sims was getting slapped by her professor because she wanted to flirt with her boyfriend.  I was like, "what the?" because she wasn't in love with her professor.  That's when I looked at her professor with the mind control mirror and saw that she was in love with everyone already.  I thought that was weird.  I didn't know it was just drama professors though. 

The part about getting class performance from woohooing with your professors was in the Prima Guide, so any kid who has that should know.  Plus hanging around the BBS, I'm sure they'd find out sooner or later.  Then they would have to run try it.  The Prima Guide has a chart telling how much each activity gains in class performance per hour, and woohooing ranks up there with group research and going to class, but usually woohoo doesn't last a whole hour.  It's 50 points for each woohoo, and going to class is worth 100 points per hour.  Group reasearch with 4 sims is worth 105 per hour.  Doing an assignment is 90 per hour.  Is it worth it?  You do get grade points for each relationship point with the professor in your major, but you also lose grade points for each relationship lost.  Consider how much more quickly you can get your class performance bar filled by doing real coursework, especially with JM's College Rampage.  In about a day they have their performance bar topped off.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 05, 07:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Exactly what rainbow says. I mean I have all my YAs do their term paper, get all their skills up to the level they are required to be in, and then alternate the rest of their time (in between friendship making with other YAs) between assignments and research. Then when there are maybe 12 or something hours till the finals they all hit the phones and either invite or talk to their teachers just for the final boost.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 05, 09:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even allow the professors on the lots any more.  I get sick of how when the sim goes back to the neighbourhood and has been there for days and days, the darn professors have nothing better to do than keep phoning them up!  So now I concentrate my sims on making and keeping student friends, and keeping in touch with family and friends back home.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: