More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:49:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  boolprop townie generators not working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: boolprop townie generators not working  (Read 4447 times)
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
boolprop townie generators not working
« on: 2006 July 05, 08:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since OFB I can't make new townies for my game unless I do it one by one wich I honestly haven't time for.

Is there another way to generate mass random townies I don't know about?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: boolprop townie generators not working
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 05, 09:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope

It's definitely broke, but there is a post in peasantry put together by Nec which explains how you can generate townies in detail.

Link here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4090.0
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 05, 10:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the link ness - I'd just noticed the same thing..  I need a reporter badly in Strangetown - I didn't add a sub-hood an there isn't one!  I tried spawn reporter on the Badge juicer last night - no reporter in several hours play.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 05, 10:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a pain, but I toasted 4-5 custom hoods by not following the instructions properly!

Really quite inexcusable as Nec formulated those instructions after numerous tests with me.

The lack of reporter is not something I have experienced though.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 05, 17:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the link ness - I'd just noticed the same thing..  I need a reporter badly in Strangetown - I didn't add a sub-hood an there isn't one!  I tried spawn reporter on the Badge juicer last night - no reporter in several hours play.

If you mean you didn't add the OFB sub-hood, it isn't necessary to have a Reporter. I've not added the OFB sub-hood to any of my neighborhoods and the last time I played the reporter showed up on the home-business lot I have in a custom neighborhood. It took several in-game days before he dropped by (or revealed himself at least); I believe the reporter is a pseudo-random event.

Note that the reporter will not reveal him/herself unless he or she accumulates sufficient Loyalty points to gain (or lose) a star, at which point she "publishes" her review. As I understand it, the reporter will only hang around for five hours at a time; If she accumulates 80 points (out of 100) in that time, she won't file a review, but the next time she comes by she will only need 20 more points to write the review. I actually didn't notice the reporter on my lot until he told me he liked the venue—I didn't hear the pencil sound or notice him taking notes.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 05, 18:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cwykes, just because you have a reporter in the game doesn't mean they're going to come to your lot.  Generally speaking they come at the most inopportune times.  I've had sims run businesses for a couple of sim weeks with no reporter.  I don't believe they're something a business needs and most of the time they're more pain in the butt than not.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 05, 20:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! What great news! NPC generator broken! This is fabulous! I'm gonna have to check it out and make sure! Best thing Maxis could have done! Yippeee! They don't give a rat's ass about some stupid reporter liking them or not! They don't care if the bills or paper comes. They have plenty of clerks and professors to go around. LOL! My simmies can live without them!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 06, 08:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ajay loner has two businesses at level 8, and 3-4 others under level 5.  He's had all the business perks for a couple of days.  I've played him in at least 3 different playing sessions.  Do you really think this is just random chance?  By now I'm betting "broken".

Looks to me like reporters don't spawn when you create a hood or add a custom subhood, but only "as needed".  I guess the reporter must spawn when the "random" chance says he has to visit your lot.   I think they come with Bluewater though.  I've seen reporters in Bluewater, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a reporter in a business in any of my main hoods whether or not I have Bluewater added - inadequate testing there though.

I seem to have managed to add 3 reporters to my hood yesterday (NPC code 29)  The spawn option on the badge juicer just seemed to drop out of the queue and I'm sure I tried that more than 3 times!  Still  I now have reporters, but they didn't show up on the lot yesterday.  I'll see what happens today.

Don't get too excited about the broken NPC generator - they generate fine in game, it's just YOU can't do it with boolprop anymore.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 06, 08:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had reporters in main hoods without the shopping district.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 06, 14:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've had the reporter come even with no other sub-hoods attached.  I have no problem knowing if it's going to be a reporter or not, because there's usually a short pause while he/she is being generated and then a new townie I've never seen before walks into the lot (and usually jots something negative down straight away because an idiot customer just kicked over my flamingo).  That pause may be my computer which is barely to specs, but ah well.

One issue I've noticed however is I will have a reporter come, give a review or whatever, then that reporter becomes a normal townie and the next time a new reporter is needed the game will generate another.  I've recently played in a test hood with 4 different home businesses and had 3 reporters generated within 2 sim weeks of game play.  Sometimes the reporter will do a few reviews, and sometimes they'll come and jot some stuff in their notebook only to be replaced with another reporter the next time.  It's weird.

The End.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 07, 07:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the info on reporters.  I have finally had a reporter, but I still haven't had a review.  A reporter came to the lot yesterday and whipped out that clipboard when she arrived.  My sim showed her something, dazzled her into buying a few things and was quick on the till. BUT NO review. That's another problem JM says in this thread that no review means "meh" neither good nor bad.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3347.0   Maybe she didn't like the sims poking each other and kicking over flamingos - she certainly gained a customer star though.   

I guess I can live with no reporters existing in the game for a long time as random chance...  maybe... 
« Last Edit: 2006 July 07, 07:51:56 by cwykes » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: