More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:15:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Birthing in the Bathroom
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Birthing in the Bathroom  (Read 21025 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Birthing in the Bathroom
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 02, 04:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mine aren't pixelated any more, and mostly they tend to let the sim giving birth just get on with it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 02, 15:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, just my luck.  It's happened again.  Kaworu gave birth in the bathroom, and I encountered the same circus.  Hitting Emergency Stop didn't help in the least.  Having done that, and directed a sim manually to go get the baby, still resulted in being kicked out by the Bathroom Controller.  I had to delete it before anyone could rescue the newborn, then replace it afterward.

This is also in a new house (I decided the 5x5 lot was just too weird, so I moved them to a smaller one).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 02, 16:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you should take out the Bathroom controller when you have pregnant sims?

Zephyr Zodiac
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 02, 16:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, I could.  Though I think that's a drastic response to the issue considering how interconnected a lot of these nifty little things are.

I just wanted to point out that it happened again.  If it's not something that can be tweaked, so be it.  I'll just have to continue to keep a close eye on my pregnant people.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 02, 16:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or post the problem in the Bathroom Controller thread.  Maybe JM would be able to fix it?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 03, 02:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you could turn Seek off.  I have Seek/All set in mine, but I haven't encountered this issue.  You shouldn't have to get rid of it altogether, maybe just move it when she is about to give birth (if you can keep track of it).  But I think it would be a good idea to ask JM about it.  Speaking of whom, has anyone heard from him lately?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 03, 11:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's been busy upsetting Reggikko on the Hurrican thread.

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 03, 12:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bad bad JM..

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 03, 23:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see that.   Sad
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 04, 11:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. master of the put down and general kicking... you gotta hand it to him (maybe a grenade?).

My sims come running when another is about to drop a sprog, cheer a bit, then go and sit down. No communal passing around. In fact, no care at all!
« Last Edit: 2005 September 04, 14:13:03 by laeshanin » Logged

Meh...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 04, 11:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. master of the put down and general kicking... you gotta hand it to him (maybe a grenade?).

My sims come running when about another is about to drop a sprog, cheer a bit, then go and sit down. No communal passing around. In fact, no care at all!
Mine will if they aren't busy doing something else.  Otherwise it gets added to the end of their queue, and it will drop off if they don't get to it after a while.

That's funny, dropping a sprog.  Never heard this before, I assume it means a baby.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 04, 13:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

British slang!  We still have a few expressions that aren't "mid-atlantic" in origin!

If you know when the kid is to arrive, then I suppose you can arrange for everyone to be busy doing nothing except maybe playing SSSX3, then they will come and watch.  I've also had them autonomously pass the baby around, but not often.  I've also had one instnace of a sim autonomously "talking to belly" which was rather sweet!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 04, 14:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, indeed. We have Shakespeare and Chaucer, Keats, and many other literary giants, yet no-one can quite coin a phrase like the Brits can... Common, blunt and with excellent imagery.

Meh...
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 04, 14:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, the last sprog to be popped out, I actually used a spare brain cell or two and had the "mother" to be meditate after greening him up.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 04, 14:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Greening him up"? At the risk of being an ignorant old hag, pardone?

Meh...
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 04, 14:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needs, specifically his bladder at that point.  Though, it really ought not to have mattered, since meditating freezes them.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 04, 14:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I know that adults are able to meditate and thus reduce their need to pee, I was not aware that the same could be said of infants. Is this something that the mother needs to do prior to birth, or is it something she can do when sprog born and in her arms? I have just allowed the babies to be cared for as any normal infant is, so this is quite intrigueing.

Meh...
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 04, 15:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I think I was unclear in how I worded things that time.  All I meant was that the expectant "mother" meditated in order to prevent him from giving birth in the bathroom (like the previous two children born in that household).  After the baby was born, I just let things go back to normal.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 04, 15:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Meh...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 05, 00:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the confusing part was "greening him up" because we assume the mother was a she!  After rereading your post, I see that you had quotes around "mother."

The first thing that came to mind when I saw "sprog" was a "spud" and spud means potato over here.  So I had a mental image of this sim popping out a potato!
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 05, 06:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the confusing part was "greening him up" because we assume the mother was a she!  After rereading your post, I see that you had quotes around "mother."

The first thing that came to mind when I saw "sprog" was a "spud" and spud means potato over here.  So I had a mental image of this sim popping out a potato!

Hehe.  My sims are much too cute to play the starring roles in a Mr Potato Head sim fantasy. Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 05, 06:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, passing the baby around could similar to passing a hot potato!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 05, 09:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Spud" means potato in the UK too. "Sprog" is a slang term for kids of all varieties, upto and including teens (if you want to put their hackles up, that is  Wink).

Thanks for the clarification re "mother". *Takes thinking cap off, and rubs head.* Must be going senile.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 05, 10:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, one of Keanu Broke's girlfriends just gave birth in the bathroom, which has four diagonal walls, although the door is in a straight one  because Remington wouldn't clean the loo. When she started to give beirth, Keanu, who was visiting, came rushing in from the hot tub to watch, but since he didn't live there, Carolyn couldn't hand the baby to him!  Shame!  But the day before, she'd been over at his house and he autonomously rubbed her belly!  Which goes to show, he may be a romance sim, but he cares!

Sister Rosemary was also in this quite small bathroom, but nobody got stuck there, but then, I don't use the controller, my sims seem to be perfectly capable of using the bathroom when necessary, so I don't bother.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 06, 00:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims never play pass the baby unless they have twins.  Otherwise, they either stand and bounce the baby, put them on the floor, or put them in the crib (the later especially if I have the baby controller).  I never seem to have a problem with sims picking up the baby in the bathroom.  Usually if I or the baby controller directs them to put the baby in the crib, they don't get thrown out.  If they were trying to do it autonomously, though, they would.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: