More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:02:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Birthing in the Bathroom
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Birthing in the Bathroom  (Read 21251 times)
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
Birthing in the Bathroom
« on: 2005 August 31, 06:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the most delightful time.  Sim does a runner for the bathroom, uses a stall, comes out and promptly gives birth the second he steps out. Cool.  Then he sets the baby down, and I watch a comedic routine of three sims dashing in and out of the bathroom trying to pick the newborn up to place it in a crib, but getting kicked out every time by the controller.

Huh

Yes, I moved the controllers out long enough so one of them could rescue the poor darling, but...is it in any way possible for this to be added in as an exception to how the bathroom controller handles things?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Birthing in the Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 31, 06:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim gave birth in the bathroom and laid it on the floor, but I have the baby controller, and she went and picked up the baby to put it in the crib.  I'm not sure what the difference would be though.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 31, 10:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always know where and when my sim is going to give a birth. I always shoot the first "bump", and write down the hour. The second "bump" occurs the next day, but 1 hour later, and the birth occurs the next day - 1 hour later. So I always can move her to the place I want her to give a birth.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 31, 13:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't use the bathroom controller or the baby controller, so I honestly couldn't care less where she/he gives birth as long as nothing goes wrong!  It's just sad when it happens when they're all alone in the house, so you can't get all those passing baby around interactions!

Just happened to Lisa Broke.  I knew baby was due that morning, so she phoned Brandi and invited her over, but Brandi wasn't quick enough, and stood on the doorstep waiting till it was all over and then took no notice of the baby.  I should have got her to phone a 10 for outgoing sim who would have just walked in!  Still, there wouldn't have been any interactions since Lisa only has a brother and he would have been at work too and I think non-resident sim intereractions like hand baby to have to be with relatives.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 31, 13:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of craziness is what the Emergency Stop (on the baby Controller) is for.  Your Sim shouldn't get kicked out if he is directed by you to go into the bathroom and put the baby in the crib.  Then again, maybe they will, but at least then you don't have three Sims falling over themselves trying to deal with conflicting directives Smiley

Cat Moonshadow
Asinine Airhead

Cat in the Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 31, 13:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of an interesting occurrence I had once. I had a sim go into labour while she was showering, so then she rushed out and gave birth, naked. I guess she knew that giving birth while fully clothed is a bad idea, even if you're wearing a skirt and sans underwear. After all, most sims only have one set of clothes to begin with, imagine if the clothes gets ruined.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 31, 13:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of an interesting occurrence I had once. I had a sim go into labour while she was showering, so then she rushed out and gave birth, naked. I guess she knew that giving birth while fully clothed is a bad idea, even if you're wearing a skirt and sans underwear. After all, most sims only have one set of clothes to begin with, imagine if the clothes gets ruined.

Grin Especially since they don't have washers and driers!

INTJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 31, 13:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  Well, you can buy them washers and driers, but the silly idiots use them as traxh compactors and dish-washers!  ROFL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 31, 13:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of craziness is what the Emergency Stop (on the baby Controller) is for.  Your Sim shouldn't get kicked out if he is directed by you to go into the bathroom and put the baby in the crib.  Then again, maybe they will, but at least then you don't have three Sims falling over themselves trying to deal with conflicting directives Smiley

I admit, I hadn't thought to hit the emergency stop.

Still, I don't know/understand if it's a quirk with the whole system, or just a fluke.  Mind you, that's the first bathroom birth I've had with this family, so who knows?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 31, 13:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it could be worse if they decide to give birth in the kitchen when they've just put a toaster pastry in the oven!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 31, 15:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it could be worse if they decide to give birth in the kitchen when they've just put a toaster pastry in the oven!

I had something like this happen with Cassandra, but I can't remember the details now.  I think she ran to the kitchen to 'fire-panic' after giving birth, but it's so long ago I can't be sure of the exact scenario.  I know she was alone on the lot when she gave birth apart from the gardener or someone, so there was no one to see to whatever it was she was in the middle of cooking.

As for bathrooms, the majority of my Sims seem to give birth in the bathroom.  I suppose it's because they are forever in there dealing with their pregnancy-weakened bladders. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 31, 17:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not if you use flamingoes!!!!!  They enjoy being pregnant witha flamingo on the lot!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 31, 23:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A flamingo, eh? Curiouser and curiouser. Think I'm just gonna have to try that.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 01, 01:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean Gnomon's flamingo of contentment - not the Maxis flamingo!  That may raise fun levels, but does nothing for bladders!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 01, 01:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd better hurry and get it before Livin It Up closes down.  Unless Gnomon has his flamingoes uploaded somewhere else?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Birthing in the Bathroom (Challenge for ZZ)
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 01, 01:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean Gnomon's flamingo of contentment - not the Maxis flamingo!  That may raise fun levels, but does nothing for bladders!
Er ... Mr Zephyr, Sir?  I have a challenge for you.  I want you to remove ALL your contented flamingoes from whatever lot you are playing and play without them.  This game isn't a TV programme, you know.  You're not meant to just sit back and watch.  Let's see you WORKING your Sims. Let us know how you get on.

You'd better hurry and get it before Livin It Up closes down. 
Looks like it already has!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 01, 01:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Ancient Sim.  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 01, 01:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim, I'll play MY GAME how I want!!!!!!  I've played with hacks, I've played without hacks, it just depends on how I feel at the time!

By the way, as I've pointed out before, I am not male!!!!

I have also just tried twice to PM you, but the darn thing was saying it couldn't be sent due to the maximum PM limit.  Well, I just cleared a few out of my Inbox, so I don't think my end is the problem.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 01, 01:45:11 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 01, 02:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooooooooh.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 01, 02:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

? Huh

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 01, 02:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 02, 02:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see a 'delay-able' birth, even if it just allowed 1 command between.
I had a ridiculous Sim who decided she absolutely needed an omellette before the task. I cancelled it 4 times, but she was bound and determined and went into labour after setting it on the stove. Of course this was the moment my game decided to give me uncheated twins and as she was the only resident, she had to coo over each baby for an extra long time before setting them on the floor to panic over the fire.
She barely managed to get them to safety as she'd set a baby down in front of the stove (fireman literally stepped in it's face after a delay to extinguish the fire)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 02, 03:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you had saved since she conceived, you could have exited without saviing since twins are determined at birth.  Then maybe you could have prevented her from cooking.  I know it's too late now though.  Before I knew this, I once saved a game after the mother had twins although I wanted to go back and change something.  I was afraid I wouldn't get twins again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 02, 03:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose if you have smart-serve it wouldn't have happened.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 02, 03:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other day I had a sim give birth while her husband was in the shower. Turns out it was twins, so he came running, in the pixelated nude, to grab twin 1. Very funny, and yet realistic.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: