More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:30:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  majorly bugged family... p2 related?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: majorly bugged family... p2 related?  (Read 3825 times)
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
majorly bugged family... p2 related?
« on: 2006 June 24, 23:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems since installing OFBp2, up until today. I tried to play one of my families which has not yet been played since the patch, and to put it bluntly the whole family is turning into a BFBVFS. Upon first entering the lot, I get an error in the wants controller. Subsequently, some of the family members are left with blank want/fear slots. For the humans it's 2-5 blanks (at least one want and one fear is there), but for the Servo all 8 slots are blank. Then later when some wants are satisfied (but not always), the wants controller errors again and that slot becomes blank. There's a home-based business on this lot, so next I tried opening the store, which went fine until customers started showing up... then when I tried clicking any of the customers to do sales socials, the Sim I was controlling would have an error (as soon as I clicked on the customer, not after selecting any particular social).  Whether all of these errors are caused by the initial error in the wants controller, I don't know.

I have several error logs, will post one of each for now. I can't interpret these things, so am hoping someone else can. Is there any way to fix this without moving the family out and back in? Will that even help? Is this family doomed?
« Last Edit: 2006 June 25, 08:39:31 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: majorly bugged family... p2 related?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 25, 07:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of us have been asking about blank wants recently, you could have a look at those threads as you'll probably learn something useful.  JM said if the wants are not there at all rather than "there but with missing icons" (i.e mouse hover shows the want),  it could be simple want tree deletion  i.e. the game reset because of the patch and didn't know what wants to give them.    I've been cleaning out my wants and fears files.  Haven't noticed it's helped actually, but I feel virtuous Grin and safer.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 25, 08:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are errors you'd get if you tried to use p2 hacks in p1. Are you sure you installed p2? All of them pertain to 0x536, a BHAV introduced in p2 that does not exist in p1...and you'd get those error if you were using the p2 versions in p1.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 25, 15:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, definitely installed p2... I even tried installing it again, and all it does is say the game is already up to date. But I did notice that at least my Sims2EP3.exe and objects.package still have a date of Feb. 6 - that can't be right, can it? So is it possible that even though the patch reported installing successfully, it failed to patch some of the files? Is it possible to reset whatever flag is telling it it's already installed, so that I can install it again? And what build number and date should I have?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 25, 16:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a date of May. 25th?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 26, 10:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

both my OFB .exe and objects.package are 25 May.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 26, 15:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the second patch, I have had a lot of blank wants slots, although in most cases they come back when I refresh them manually.  What I have noticed is that in ALL cases, the Sims concerned are former dormies or townies.  It doesn't happen with born-in-game Sims.  The former dormies are especially susceptible to it, but I have no idea why.  All of them were played through the dorms and graduated normally, they weren't moved in as YA's or anything.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 26, 16:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a date of May. 25th?

Quote from: cwykes
both my OFB .exe and objects.package are 25 May.

Okay, so it looks like my p2 install went wrong somewhere. Despite it saying it successfully installed, it failed to update at least those two files, that I know of. So is there a way to clear the flag that's telling it p2 is installed, so that I can install it again? Or am I doomed to have to un/reinstall the whole game?

Edit: I fixed it last night. I just un/reinstalled OFB and then the patch, and now I have the May 25 file dates and everything is running smoothly.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 27, 15:13:52 by HelloKit » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: