More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:26:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Aging townies..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aging townies..  (Read 3556 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
Aging townies..
« on: 2006 June 24, 10:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quoting a Squinge's Post
As requested:
This mod allows all sims to age that are on the lot you are playing except for NPC sims.

this was realy a intresting hack, but for some reason after a bit of testing they note that the townies didn't grow up..
the elder didn't die (the testing one have 71days  Cheesy ) and the teen have 0 days and never become an adult...
that's a shame that they didn't fix it 'cause i think that was realy intresting.. don't you think ?
anyway the tread was closed and Squinge giveup Sad

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Aging townies..
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 24, 14:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is what I have in my game, but it's caused me a problem insofar as playable Sims also age when they're on a lot at 6pm and I wasn't always getting them all, subsequently a lot of mine have got all muddled-up in terms of how old they are.  I wanted it mainly so the townies would age and die like my Sims, but I suppose that could be done manually by taking temporary control of them. 

I do like the idea of townies ageing though, that way they would keep up with our Sims and also it would mean some new faces turning-up eventually.  Who cares if they all die without ever having a woo-hoo, or even a first kiss?!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 27, 12:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the suggestion is to delete this hack.. 'cause the known problem..
maybe you have some oldies sims that they have 250 days Cheesy
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 27, 13:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have decided to give up on this mod, I have tried getting it to work but visiting sims will not age they just remain stuck at 0 days, if you still have this mod I suggest you delete it from your game.

Looks like this mod blew up a few computers. I wish he could have found some way to fix it, because I like the idea that townies age along with you Playable characters. But, all those dead sim files would eventually build up, which will end up like a time bomb.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 27, 15:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got so fed up with it I moved my townies into lots either normally or with the tombstone of life and death.  I then moved them out onto their own lots.  I put the teens in foster homes en masse and had a lot of fun with them.  I put the kids into families and fixed some of the relationships in SimPE to make the adults related.  I had pretty well no townies left in my game thanks to notownieregen before I added OFB (I never got Uni or NL)  Now I need townies to sell overpriced junk to!

There is a way to turn sims into townies, so if you move them in and age them, you could make them townies again.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 27, 16:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the obvious reason why townies don't age is that if they did, they'd age about N times faster than anyone else, where N is the number of actively-played families in the game. They'd then quickly die, probably on your lot, and then your game would be full of dead character files. Not cool.

In any case, there's no rigidly defined global clock, and sims only age when you play their lots. You can't play a townie's lot, as they have none. So they never age.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 27, 17:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I age mine up individually with the age sims cheat. I started aging children up so they'd become teen friends with my sims and then moved on to young adults and adults as mine grew up. Still don't do them all, but the ones I interact with much I do.

Unsouper
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 28, 08:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a way to turn sims into townies, so if you move them in and age them, you could make them townies again.

Try Inge's teleporter shrub or painting - updated by torkle & jordi http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2757.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: