More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:19:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Easy Break Up hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easy Break Up hack  (Read 22469 times)
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Easy Break Up hack
« on: 2006 June 19, 21:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked on the list of workable hacks and didn't find this one anywhere.  I just downloaded it and tried it in the game but it never appeared on the pie-menu.  Is this hack still good?  I have all expansions except the fun pack and holiday pack. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Easy Break Up hack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 19, 22:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used it for a while, but I think you just have to get your relationship below a certain point and the option to break up should appear.  But whether it's compatible with OFB I wouldn't know, as I only ever used it when I wanted an easy option, usually I make my sims work very hard at falling out of love!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 19, 23:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

usually I make my sims work very hard at falling out of love!

I use SimPE to just make them not be married anymore but for some reason, it's not working, everytime they leave the house, they're married again.  I was hoping this easy breakup would make it easier on my sims, as it is, I had to make them not be in love anymore and  I did lower their relationship to 70/70.  Before I go into the game again, I'll go ahead and do it the old fashioned way and lower it to 0/0 and I'm sure the breakup will be in the menu, I just hate the furious reaction, for such a loving couple, I really wanted to avoid that angry reaction.  I just don't want them to be married anymore, they started out romance sims but I wanted to see how their kids would turn out so I made them family sims and of course they wanted to get married.  It used to be so easy with SimPe by just 'unmarrying' them but that's not working anymore.

Thanks ZZ for your reply.   Smiley

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 19, 23:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack is not compatible with NL or OFB.  I tried it myself just to be sure because I wanted the same thing.  You might try looking at this thread from a couple of days ago where we were discussing this very thing.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4592.0
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 19, 23:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This product has been discontinued as of NL due to the way they drastically changed the way it works, and it was judged to not be worth the effort of maintaining as part of the cutback program.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 20, 00:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This product has been discontinued as of NL due to the way they drastically changed the way it works, and it was judged to not be worth the effort of maintaining as part of the cutback program.

Ok thank you!  I'll remove it from my game!

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 20, 00:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has an easier breakup hack though, check out that thread Blue linked to for the exact link. I'm too lazy to go look Tongue
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 20, 00:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has an easier breakup hack though, check out that thread Blue linked to for the exact link. I'm too lazy to go look Tongue

Ok thank you!  I grabbed that one and the no furious one.  I've never used any of his hacks before, I've always been a Pescado girl myself but I also don't like the break ups the way they are.  Thanks again!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 20, 02:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado looks horrified.

NO FURIOUSNESS? Furiousness is awesome! The blood! The guts! The fighting! How can you not love furiousness?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 20, 02:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no blood or guts. Pfft. You're scaring people. Tongue

The fighting's pretty darn cool, though.  Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 20, 02:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, the furious state has flaws but I wouldn't want to remove it entirely.  Some of these flaws are fixed by other hacks, such as allowing your sim to ignore a fights and no furious states over balloon puddles.

As for break-ups, I've never found them useful at all.  It'll just increase the time you play if you sync and you'll have two families named "Whatever".  Also, why the hell are they married if you don't want them to be together anyway?
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 20, 03:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isnt always married sims, it's sims that are engaged or whatever. Also, its the only way to clear the stupid little hearts in game (without insiminator) without having them always slapping eachother around when they flirt elsewhere. So there, Mr. Rat Flail Tongue

I find myself enjoying the furious state much more since I've started using a hack that gets rid of the dust cloud. It looks stupid when they sink into the ground while fighting, but with the cloud my game absolutely crawls. Also, you can never go wrong with flaming bags of poo.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 20, 03:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they only left the bags of poo after a horrible date?

Breaking off engagement makes more sense, but I think a slightly better option would be to allow multiple engagements or enable fighting at near 100/100 levels.  I believe there was a hack that enabled all socials in TS1 such as fighting, and I think there might have been some pet ones in there also.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 20, 03:56:52 by MisterPaper » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 20, 03:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge "easybreakup" version can be found here:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=14851
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 20, 04:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the majority of romance sims are quite happy in a committed relationship as long as they get the requisite number of woohoos, and having 3LBs doesn't make the slightest difference to how much they fear being rejected by their partner.  Even the ones with the 20 lovers or 20 woohoos LTWs are totally devastated if they get found out and the partner breaks up! 

Now some family sims, on the other hand..........

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 20, 10:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family sims are whores, pure and simple.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 20, 14:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, the male ones are just as bad - John Burb is just a lech!

Now, I've never ever had a romance sim initiate a cheating action in front of their spouse, but family sims do it all the time!  (And usually it's some poor unsuspecting romance sim that they've brought home from work, at least that's Cassandra's method, bring them home and leap into their arms!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 20, 14:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the biggest irony of Family sims is that Maxis has set them as being compatible with Knowledge sims...

...except practically every player that would classify themselves as a knowledge sim recoils in horror from them!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 20, 15:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, enough with bashing Family sims.  Tongue  I don't know how you guys manage to have it happen in your games, but I have never ever had a sim, Family, Romance, or otherwise, initiate an autonomous romantic action towards a sim they aren't already romantically involved with.  Romance sims are sluts, male or female, because they always want to have more than one lover.  You give them one, they want two.  You give them two, they want three.  And so on.  Family sims are happy with just one.  In case you can't tell, I am quite fond of Family sims, although Knowledge is probably my favorite aspiration.  I play Romance sims for a change of pace, but apart from friendship, I keep them separate from the Romance sims.  I can't really identify with Romance sims.  Brandi and Cassandra were both very faithful in my games, they had several children and had very successful careers.  They might bring home a friend from work like all sims do, but they never acted inappropriately.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 20, 15:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concede I've never observed inappropriate behavior from family sims either.

I BLAME IT ON THE WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME!

This, in no way, stops me from recoiling in horror at what they represent: a BFBVFS waiting to happen.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 20, 15:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't let them fill their 10 kids want.  I am only letting my sims have one child, MAYBE two, now.  Other than that, how are they a BFBVFS waiting to happen?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 20, 20:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how you guys manage to have it happen in your games, but I have never ever had a sim, Family, Romance, or otherwise, initiate an autonomous romantic action towards a sim they aren't already romantically involved with. 

That's odd. With the romancemod, my Sims won't initiate romantic interactions with a Sim if they are already committed to another one, but they will certainly initiate all over the place if they aren't already committed. Family Sims seem more likely than others to initiate as well. I had two non-controllable, non-lightning bolt Sims, popularity and family, fall in love at their friends' wedding all on their own, for instance.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 20, 20:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've long thought we need another aspiration, because the slutty 'romance' aspiration isn't at all romantic. I would like one where they want to fall in love and get married, then roll a want to have a kid or two, but mostly roll wants to do things with their significant other. Instead, I'm left with the choice to have a sim that wants to slut it up all over town, or a sim that wants to have a million mewling little brats.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 20, 20:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've long thought we need another aspiration, because the slutty 'romance' aspiration isn't at all romantic. I would like one where they want to fall in love and get married, then roll a want to have a kid or two, but mostly roll wants to do things with their significant other. Instead, I'm left with the choice to have a sim that wants to slut it up all over town, or a sim that wants to have a million mewling little brats.

Actually, that's pretty much what my most of my Sims end up being. They'll get obnoxious wants stuck there sometimes: have 10 kids, be abducted, woohoo in public with 3 different Sims (which every aspiration gets), etc., but after a few Simdays I'm usually able to make them want what I want them to want, and just ignore that one obnoxious want. The only exception I've found yet is the pleasure aspiration. When the "major wants" info panel on the character creation screen shows a bunch of measly 500 point wants, you know you're in trouble.

There's no easier Sim to keep happy than one with a romance aspiration and job-related lifetime want.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 20, 21:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the Pleasure aspiration because it just seems like something Maxis included in NL to pimp all the new features.  It's not very well developed at all.  I think the wants have gotten better since the original game though.  I usually am able to have my sims have wants that focus on their SO, even fortune sims, which I had quit playing for awhile because they never wanted to have anything to do with their family or friends unless it pertained to them getting a promotion.  Now especially with NL, I can have them chat with a friend or check out their SO, and their wants will usually roll up things to do with that sim.  And all aspirations seem to roll up the Woohoo in bed want from time to time, which they never did before.  That's usually good for a quick boost to their aspiration score, as long as they have someone to woohoo with.   Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: