More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:48:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes  (Read 46946 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes
« Reply #50 on: 2006 August 23, 22:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I believe it's a matter of opinion where the point of a good enough amount of competition is, and knowing the level of difficulty that these mods tend to add, that point is probably much earlier than I would prefer.  Then again, if the larger neighborhoods I have start exploding, I'll end up with a quite a few small neighborhoods and I might want to increase the competition.  But I'm not a modder by any means, which is why I asked if it would be easy.  That way I could tinker with it a lot and not have to bug you about it.  But if it's not an easy prospect I'll just have to decide whether I'd be happier with it or without it.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 September 26, 11:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the fixes part of this in my game, but not the harder jobs hack itself. 

I'm finding that my summa cum laude graduates are getting jobs at level 7, even when the degree is the appropriate one for the job they're after.  I thought the fixes only fixed OFB business related jobs, without making careers harder?

Normally I wouldn't mind, but at the moment I'm playing a challenge, and I'd like my sims to hit the top of their career as soon as possible so they can quit work and start having babies.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 September 26, 20:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried splitting the file differently. Should work now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 14, 09:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The caps for levels 6,7,9 and 10 of the politics career appear to be set to -1. No wonder my sims weren't getting promoted.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 14, 10:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Negative numbers mean that the position involved is singular or strictly limited, as in, an impossibility for two people to have that job simultaneously. This is particularly true of the Politics career: You can't both be mayor! Thus, a lot of the politics track jobs are "singular", in that only one person may hold the elected office at a time, for logical reasons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 December 29, 23:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest, do these numbers apply across the whole Neighbourhood, or just across a sub-Neighbourhood? It could be argued that Strangetown and its Downtown are separate constituencies, so you could have a sim elected as Congresscritter for Strangetown without affecting the availability of the job in its Downtown...

(This would be a nifty addition to the hack, if not already there. And should be easy for the man who wrote Local Walkbys! Cool)

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 December 30, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whole neighborhood. Given how easily and quickly one can travel between them, they're almost assuredly the same area, represented as "SimCity".

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 04, 16:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had two newly hired sims quit on me because they were vastly underpaid.   
Stupid sims shouldn't have taken the job if they weren't happy with the salary!    Angry

Not sure if it's the hack or another buggy bit of maxian code, but I think the problem is they were hired for another lot. 

First one was a gold badge florist hired for a new business who had a couple of other badges.  I wanted to set up a new business, bought the deed and decided to make it a florist when I found a gold badge florist with management potential on the available employee list.  When I visited the lot for the first time, he was there ready to craft, so I built the florist shop around him and set him to work on snapdragons.  He quit very quickly.  I guess it wasn't a florist when I hired him so maybe his badge didn't count somehow. 

Second was a gold badge sales girl hired from home for a business lot selling statues.  No other badges.  Can't explain that one away.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 05, 00:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relevant wages has no really good way to determine what the correct wage for THAT lot was if you hire them from a different lot. You will have to adjust their wages when you go to that lot if you hire from the wrong lot. The alternative being that most sims become unemployable due to irrelevant qualifications.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 05, 10:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sales is always relevant though.  So it's the second one that really didn't feel right.  Surely that one shouldn't have happened?

When hiring sims for another lot, I think I'd prefer the "count all badges" approach rather than the "count none".  You don't have to hire them if they are too expensive and I really wasn't up for the nasty surprise of two of them quitting almost immediately.  Your hack, choice of course, but it's something to think about.  Including a warning in the readme would be a useful too 

"If you hire sims for another lot, their wage may not be correctly calculated.  Check they are not massively underpaid when they turn up for work or they may quit without warning!"

I got a better selection of sims when I hired from another lot for some reason.  The florist guy didn't come up in the list of sims to hire for the lot I was on, but there he was in "hire sims for another lot" so I decided to set up a florist there and then...  I was bored with waiting for a reporter!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: