More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:53:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes  (Read 46956 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes
« on: 2006 June 17, 08:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Harder jobs + correction of bugged paychecks and job recognitions for OFBp2. Old p1 version available, no longer supported.

OFBp2+:   OFBp-1:
OFBp2+: harderjobs.zip
OFBp1-: harderjobs-p1.zip

Harder Jobs + Fixes for TS2OFBp2
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.
Place only "-fixes" file if you want only fixes without the harderness.

FEATURES:
Makes standard jobs harder: Uni graduates no longer receive automatic L8/L9
start and upper-level jobs have limited numbers of openings. Also includes
pay and recognition fixes for TS2OFBp2 "Owned Business" jobs.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2OFBp2+ only!

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 17, 23:26:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Harder Jobs + OFBp2 Fixes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 17, 08:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming that we need the fixes if we have OFBp2?

If we want the fixes, but don't want the harder jobs, what are the options?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 17, 08:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See the RTFM: Get the "fixes" only. If you want harder jobs, you need both, but you always want the fixes even if you're a Ness-like wussy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 17, 14:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly are the fixes?  I already have your mod for ensuring they don't get paid for irrelevant skills, so this is obviously something different.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 17, 18:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly are the fixes?  I already have your mod for ensuring they don't get paid for irrelevant skills, so this is obviously something different.
Fixes include recognition for teens still in the "old" hours track, not-teens in the shifted-hours version, and correct paychecks for those hours.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 18, 08:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to follow up, but is this fixes for Uni things or do I need it?  I have only base game + OFB

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 18, 09:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have OFB, you need at least the fixes. Even if you don't have Uni, you might want the entire thing anyway.

Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 18, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much harder is it? Tongue

I don't want to download it and find that my sim is dead before it gets to the top of the career chain Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 18, 16:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on how full your career chain is. Like in real life, not everyone can be CEO, regardless of their qualifications. If too many upper level positions are already filled, your choices are to A: Find a new career, B: Create a vacancy through either skullduggery, or waiting for someone to retire/die (people die, and sometimes you can help them to die!), or C: Get used to your lot in life.

If your neighborhood is young and underpopulated, you won't notice much of a difference, other than that you have to now WORK for your higher-level positions, rather than be handed a level 10 post after a single day of work for Uni graduates, but once the upper echelons start getting full, you're going to find it that much harder (read: You can't advance except by chance cards and/or evicting the existing occupant). The number of people who can occupy some positions will be readily obvious: You can't have two mayors!

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 19, 07:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 Questions: Can I use it if I don't have OFB?

What is the difference between OFBp2+ and  OFBp1+ ?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 19, 08:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB2 is the patch that just came out.  OFB1 is the old OFB patch from March.  The new one has more fixes in it than the old one.  the list of the new patch is on the sims2 site and is here in the podium too.

The patch says it fixes the problem where teens with jobs in businesses get a car pool arriving along with the school bus.  That's the only problem i've had, but I'll DL it anyway as you say I need it.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 19, 08:46:36 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 19, 08:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason teens have a carpool arriving at the same time as their bus is not a bug, per-se. The reason the bug arrives with their carpool is because their work hours started at the same time their school hours did, making it physically impossible to do both at once.

OFBp2, therefore, added a new job schedule with attendant changes for teens. These work hours are actually quite nice, but are shorter, only 5 hours instead of a full 8. The bug is that the game would pay out incorrectly as a result. Not to mention these are nice work hours other sims might be interested in!

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 19, 09:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - so it was the pay that was buggy, the "as intended" job and school hours just clashed..  I was actually looking forward to seeing if my teen could hold down a proper job without getting fired by skipping school occasionally.  No challenge any more...

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 19, 15:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes include recognition for teens still in the "old" hours track, not-teens in the shifted-hours version, and correct paychecks for those hours.

So any teen who is currently employed at a business will get their hours changed automatically by this mod?  I think I only have one at the moment and she's a townie teen (due to become playable though) because once I get back to their lots I get them to quit so they can do an ordinary teen job to get the High Achiever, although that's more difficult now that I have Syberspunk's mod in that makes getting an A+ harder.  Basically, my method has been to employ newly-transitioned teens not yet in employment (Fortune if there are any) so they develop business skills, then by the time I play their lot again they have decent badges that they can use later in life.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 19, 22:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So any teen who is currently employed at a business will get their hours changed automatically by this mod?  I think I only have one at the moment and she's a townie teen (due to become playable though) because once I get back to their lots I get them to quit so they can do an ordinary teen job to get the High Achiever, although that's more difficult now that I have Syberspunk's mod in that makes getting an A+ harder.  Basically, my method has been to employ newly-transitioned teens not yet in employment (Fortune if there are any) so they develop business skills, then by the time I play their lot again they have decent badges that they can use later in life.
No, it simply fixes the recognition of the job as an "owned business job", instead of handing bugged paychecks out. If you want to flip the hours around, you can try the debug option "Change My Shift" in BRY.

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 21, 18:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this hack you said it that graduates will no longer get l8 or l9 jobs right ?

i was just wondering if this is only true when sims get there jobs from a news paper. because when my sims look in the newspaper they get offered the lower level jobs , but when they look on the pc they still get offered the higher level jobs ,

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 21, 22:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this hack you said it that graduates will no longer get l8 or l9 jobs right ?

i was just wondering if this is only true when sims get there jobs from a news paper. because when my sims look in the newspaper they get offered the lower level jobs , but when they look on the pc they still get offered the higher level jobs ,

That's the way the game has always worked -- jobs from the newspaper always start at the lowest level; jobs from the computer start at higher levels commensurate with the skills the sim has.  Without the influence of a university degree, the computer jobs were limited to level 5 tops, if memory serves.  With the right degree and graduating summa cum laude, though, a sim could pop in at l8 or l9, but only if he/she found the job through the computer.  This hack keeps them from starting quite so high, but they still will start higher than l1 if the get the job through the computer.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 21, 22:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The computer used to start them at level 6, which was still an automatic career award on join for every job. Now they start, assuming all factors are in their favor, someplace randomly between 1 and 4.

No, retrying will not get you a different level. I thought of that already.

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 21, 23:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i never knew that . (i guess thats what happens when u nearly always cheat to gte your sim a job)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 22, 02:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have an NPC (Remington Harris) who got a Level 6 job right off the computer.  He immediately got the reward object, and he's never even been to Uni.

Is this supposed to happen?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 22, 03:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-made Maxis Sims and townies tend to have garbage data in their job fields, which probably caused that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 22, 04:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have an NPC (Remington Harris) who got a Level 6 job right off the computer.  He immediately got the reward object, and he's never even been to Uni.

Is this supposed to happen?
With this, or without this? Level 6, without, is the normal level.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 22, 05:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, with.
Syque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 02, 21:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always played with one family at a time.  This means I'd have to start playing multiple families at once before I see limited space in higher positions, correct?  Is there any kind of special notification when a sim can't advance due to limited space?  And exactly how many positions are available for each level?
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 06, 03:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you make it harder? Maybe a nuclear edition? Something that really challenges .

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: