More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:00:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Drama Professor & Met Self Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Drama Professor & Met Self Fix  (Read 74585 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Drama Professor & Met Self Fix
« on: 2006 June 15, 10:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UNI/OFB+: dramafix.zip
NL ONLY: dramafix.zip

Drama Professor & Met Self Fix for TS2U - TS2PETS
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Twojeffs
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Prevents creation of drama professor "lost best friend" visible and invisible
memory spam and "met self" memories.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFBp2.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 13, 10:51:53 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Drama Professor & Met Self Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 15, 10:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try this next time I load my game!  Since you don't like to be thanked, I won't thank you, , but if I ever load the game with the beautiful Lucrezie de la Mort, I'll put simPescado into the game and he can try and win her affections from Komei!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 16, 08:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Chief, no go. The Met Self memory still manifests when I direct my sim to Tend Bar. Is this an indirect hint by Maxis NOT to place bars in owned comm lots?  Huh

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 16, 10:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that's strange. It must occur by more than one vector, then. Let's see where Jeffy finds it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 16, 10:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that lost best friend memory spam that the drama professors get every time a sim interacts wtih them.  It's the stupidest thing. 
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 16, 11:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I might add this info here as well: use of the espresso cart does not spawn Met Self memory.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 16, 15:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Beast:

Try adding this along with JM's fix. If this works then he can just roll the two together.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 18, 16:21:32 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 16, 22:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever it's worth: I've been editing a hood that I just deleted a bunch of character files out of. I found "met self" memories for sims that I haven't played ever (townies, maxis made) and for my sims and I have never told them to tend bar.

From what I saw of the memories and relationships, it seemed to me that there is an...entry for each possible relationship in a hood--even if a sim hasn't met another, the entry is there for when/if they do meet. When they meet a check mark goes into the known box and an icon is then placed into the sims relationship panel.

Maybe, it just seeemed most likely to me as I looked at them, some maxiod coder took the 'possible relationships thing' as a strictly mathmatical expression which would have to include the possiblity of a sim meeting itself  or rather matical terms a number being multiplied by itself when they should have exculded that possibility. So that leaves: how did the check box get marked and hence develop into a 'met self' memory. Got me...I DO know it has nothing to do with bar tending.....maybe when they look in the mirror? Maybe the entry is just corrupting somehow?

I looked at them a long time! Started with just over 300 character files and a little over 4000 sim relationship entries. Ended with around 200 some character files and just under 2000 sim relationship entries. SO over 2000 edited out. and all of them looked at. Most of those were unknown towards unknown--but there was a self towards self for many--I think all of them but I can't say for sure because 4000 entries is a whole lot for entries to go thru and remember.

Oh yeah: for those using Danny's whores: I'm pretty sure Danny's girls are creating unkown memories. For some reason they are not getting dubbed their names (woohooed with Jeanie, pubic woohooed with Jeanie--nope no names I saw only public woohooed with unknown. And Jeanie is the only sim I have that has no modesty--she'll woohooo anyone anywhere for a buck.) I've, sadly, pulled Danny's girls to see if any unknowns are made without them around to blame it on. But, like I said, she's the only public woohooer around--so she must, therefore, be guilty (she only woohoos in public IF she can remain anonomous? Smiley)
« Last Edit: 2006 June 16, 22:45:23 by MutantBunny » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 16, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because these problems are with global bhavs, they can be called by any object in the game and if they are passed garbage data (like the same sim id twice) that is not filtered out you can end up with sim met self memories.

The additon to JM's fix that I posted specifically targets NPCs and sims working an NPC job in a business that could bypass JM's fix and still end up with the memory due to crappy code. There may be even more instances that could bypass global fix, but these should cover most of them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 17, 00:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had to edit out a lot of unknown relationships, but in doing so it was fairly obvious that many sims did not have anything like the maximum number of possible relationships filled in.  Out of a possible 400 or so, some had only 10 or 11, all of which were relationships with sims they had met.  Others had the maximum, including the met self one, which I just deleted since I'd already dealt with the odd ones when I'd edited memories.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 17, 14:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it TJ, I'll try it out and report back tomorrow (no internet at home sucks!)

Edit, one day later: nice work, gentlemen. I'm pleased to report that your collaborative efforts have squished yet another bug!
« Last Edit: 2006 June 18, 14:22:19 by DrBeast » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 18, 16:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have merged the two files together (The Jeffy-Addon is no longer needed), and backported it so that it will HOPEFULLY apply to older versions (Uni/NL) as well. Naturally, this part is untested. It should work, though.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 19, 09:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merged file works a-ok too. BRU command to Be Barista does no longer work on bars, only on espresso carts.

Thraxwhirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 03, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't THINK I've ever had the "Met Self" memory, but I'm glads that this hack should ensure that it never crops up in the future.

Thanks once again, JMP. Smiley
Casey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 04, 05:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I put the dramafix mod in my Downloads folder and go into the game, my Sims are standing by their beds instead of asleep in their beds as I left them.  I only have University installed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 04, 05:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a peculiar artifact triggered by installing patches or some mods. It is uncertain why some things trigger this, and others don't, but it only happens the first time you install something.

Casey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 04, 18:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is another problem associated with this mod installed in my game.

Here is an example that just happened to me.  Sim A was in his house studying cooking.  Sim B walks by outside on the sidewalk.  I cancel Sim A's studying of cooking and send him out to greet Sim B.  They shake hands, and Sim B immediately turns around and leaves.  She walks down the sidewalk and disappears.  There is no indication that Sim A has ever met Sim B.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 04, 19:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Immediately leaving is an artifact of Maxian motive initialization, and not because of this. Sims sometimes spawn with motives below their departure points, and thus immediately leave on arrival. This is normal. Since the sim immediately left, they do not appear to have had the opportunity to exchange anything else.

Casey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 04, 20:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I take the dramafix mod out of my game, I don't have this problem at all.  With the dramafix mod in my game, it happens all the time to every Sim.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 05, 03:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it happen once, after you place the mod in your game? Or... does it happen all the time, while you are playing the game? In other words... are you playing several sim days and your sims keep popping out of the bed? Or... does the popping out of the bed only happen when you install the hack and enter your game? Tongue

If it happens all the time, then I suggest turning on debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and posting the error log for Pescado to inspect.

If it Only happens Once per game session, and only After you install the hack... then that's expected behaviour. Theoretically it will happen once (reseting all sims on all lots) but it shouldn't happen repeatedly.

Ste

Casey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 05, 05:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the popping out of bed that's the problem.  I think that only happens once.  I've never played several sim days with the dramafix mod in my game.

The problem is when I greet a drop by Sim.  They shake hands and the drop by Sim just leaves instead of going into my house.

I can get them to chat.  But when they're done, the drop by Sim turns around and leaves.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 05, 21:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. That is very odd... and you say this stops happening when you remove this hack? Are you sure that isn't just pure coincidence?

When a sim 'drops by' as you say... how long do you wait before you greet them? Typically, 'drop by' sims will leave if their motives have dropped below some threshold. When they leave, do they have thought bubbles about their needs (i.e. hunger, bladder, energy, etc.)?

Sims will also leave pretty abruptly at certain times during the day. Probably as soon as night falls (around 6 to  7PM) and definitely after 2:00 AM. I've had this happen when I invite a sim over really late, and by the time they show up, it's after 2AM, so even if I greet them, they will just turn around and leave.

I assume this is on Residential Lots, since you mention your house. On Community Lots, sims can tend to turn around and leave abruptly even if they are greeted as soon as they arrive. This is most likely due to the Visitor Controller, which will randomly spawn new people now and then, and due to the limit of people that can be on screen at a time, it will probably force other sims to leave. At least that's my limited understanding of how that works.

I would check to see if any of those conditions could be the cause. Otherwise, maybe you should see if you have any hacks related to motive checking or sim limit or something. Do you have a Business on your home lot? If so, do you have that ticket machine? Well... other than that, I'm out of ideas. Huh

Ste

Casey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 05, 21:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your suggestions, syberspunk.  It's really appreciated.

1.  I only have University installed.

2.  When a sim walks by,  I greet them as quickly as it takes to cancel out working on a skill and getting outside.  Pretty normal gameplay, right?

3.  When they leave, under these circumstances, they do not have thought bubbles about their needs.

4.  I don't invite sims over really late.  In fact, I rarely ever iinvite sims over unless I want them to fall in love and get married to the sim I'm currently playing.  Or if I want to get two teens to get the dancing scholarship.  I keep relationships up using the phone.

5.  You are correct in assuming that this on a residential lot.

6.  I  currently have 75 hacks in my Downloads folder, of which, 41 are by J.M. Pescado, 24 are by TwoJeffs, and there are 10 others.  They are:

--  Jenflower's:  "homeworksometimesfasterfun"

--  LizzLove's:    "no-privacy"
     --  LizzLove's:    "no-jealousy-at-all"

--  Monique's:    "No_Spoiled_Food"
     --  Monique's:    "Work_Bring_Friend_Dialog"

--  Inge Jones':  "Crib Sleep thru Night"
     --  Inge Jones':  "Aspiration Flamingo (set to keep all sims on the lot in at least gold aspiration)"
     --  Inge Jones':  "No-empty toddler's potty"
     --  Inge Jones':  "No Kick Trash Can"
     --  Inge Jones':  "Always Stocked Fridge Patch"

Thanks again!   Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 06, 07:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... apparently I hadn't seen Pescado's replies to your other post when I refreshed the thread earlier. When I first read your post that I replied to right below it, I had thought you were still talking about the bed pop up issue. So Pescado had pretty already said the same thing about motives being the cause.

From the looks of your list, I don't see anything that would immediately cause a conflict. I don't use Monique's work hack, so I don't know off hand whether there are different versions. But just in case, make sure you have a Uni compatible version. I'm just grasping at straws here, but other than that, I can't think of anything else that would cause this except for motives.

Try purposefully inviting people over and see if you still get the same problem, where they leave immediately after you greet them. Even still, I can't say for sure whether you definitively say it's a bug/problem.

You could try an experiment (if you're willing to put the time in) playing several sim days, and trying to greet every passer/walk by, and see if they all leave immediately. Quit without saving, and go back in again to the same lot. Do this also on different lots in your game. If there is any case or several cases where a sim stays and everything is fine... then I would conclude that it isn't a problem and it just due to Maxis' sadorandomness with motives.

Even if you do find that every single case, in repeated trials, on the same and differnt lots, that greeted passer/walk bys always leave immediately after being greeted... that is unfortunately not enough to rule out the possibility of Maxian sadorandomness, because it really is that sadisitc. Tongue

Case in point, several volunteer testers of a certain baby gender choosing hack claimed to report that it worked for them, when it was painfully obvious that it did not. Supposedly, there were cases where it appeared to work all the time for some people, but this was most likely attributed to Maxian sadorandomness, and could not be definitively corroborated by other results.

Oh... one thing I just thought of. If you have TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller, have you set it up to ban any type of sims from your lot? I have not yet used the banning features of that mod myself, so I don't know the details of its inner workings. Again, just graspin at straws. Tongue

Ste

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 06, 07:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the answer to that last thing.  TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller pretty much prevents anyone that's banned from appearing on your lot in the first place.  The only exception I've heard to this is if the newspaper deliverer or the mailman comes to your lot, they appear but are zapped quickly.  (zapped meaning teleported out of there, not walking off the lot-it's easy to tell the difference).  So it does not sound to me like that could be the problem.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: