More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:39:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  2 Glitches: 1 door, 1 foundation/floor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 Glitches: 1 door, 1 foundation/floor  (Read 5183 times)
mysimsreality
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
2 Glitches: 1 door, 1 foundation/floor
« on: 2006 June 11, 16:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Earlier this morning, I tried plunking down that door. I was able to select it, but the second I dragged it away from its place in the bin, it became invisible. Not invisible as in Numenor's invisible walls and doors: there was simply nothing there for me to place. I tried the other doors in my bin, both custom and Maxis, and they are working fine.

Then, just now, I encountered this: There's a hole in the floor that I cannot cover. When I first laid down the foundation, it seemed as though everything was normal but when I began placing tiles, that spot wouldn't take any floor treatment. I then went ahead and bulldozed that one spot, thinking I could redo the foundation but unfortunately, it didn't take. The hole refuses to go away.

Thanks in advance.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: 2 Glitches: 1 door, 1 foundation/floor
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 11, 16:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is wrong with it, it doesn't show the other colors that it should have. Try removing your downloads folder.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
mysimsreality
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 11, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Smiley
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 11, 18:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The door issue is due to a custom object that is "taking over" the door. Just like when a GUID conflict causes an object to completely vanish from the catalog, only without, well, causing the object to vanish from the catalog. I had this annoying problem after downloading a table, and it took me ages to figure out what was going on because it wasn't the kind of conflict I was used to dealing with.

Anyway, you are looking for a badly-made custom object. Hunt it down and kill it. You can remove a few downloads at a time until the door returns to normal, or you can use dizzy2's conflict finder, which is my preferred method when a Maxis object is missing. Copy objects.package from Program Files\EA Games\GAME or EP THE MISSING OBJECT IS FROM\TSData\Res\Objects over to your Downloads folder and run the conflict finder. Remember that the conflict finder can't look in subfolders, so if you have stuff in subfolders you'll need to run the conflict finder inside each subfolder, moving objects.package each time. And whatever you do, do not forget to remove objects.package when you are done.

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 11, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the house with the maze in Veronaville has a similar problem with stairs and a floor - and it's all Maxis!  But I f or one would appreciate a link to that program if it's not somewhere on MTS2.  You never, ever know when this kind of thing will happen, and the good old Sims1 days of SimEnhancerObject Manager are long gone, much as many of us would appreciate a similar program for Sims2!

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 11, 21:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the conflict finder. I've tried the other program that's available, but I still prefer this one.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93081

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 11, 21:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers!  Nice to know it's there in an emergency!

Zephyr Zodiac
mysimsreality
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 12, 02:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, you are looking for a badly-made custom object. Hunt it down and kill it. You can remove a few downloads at a time until the door returns to normal, or you can use dizzy2's conflict finder, which is my preferred method when a Maxis object is missing.

Thank you for help, SaraMK! It's a relief to know there are such helpful tools as Dizzy's conflict finder. I'm also thankful that I don't have any subfolders. Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 12, 08:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do have subfolders, then you can, of course, just copy everything from them into one big folder and then run the test.  Probably no quicker in the long run, but at least once you've set it up, there's no swapping from one folder to the next to contend with, and you can leave it to get on with things.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 13, 21:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have an invisible object on the green part of the floor, and thus cannot pave over it. Try burninating it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: