More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:49:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird error  (Read 13677 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Weird error
« on: 2006 June 11, 11:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday in my sim house, I was trying to have sim dad "Make...../Group meal.../Salmon" on the expensive stove (a recolor of it, if that matters).  I kept getting an error and having to reset him.  I tried having sim me do it with the same result.  The error logs seem odd to me with references to socials and the aquarium and things like that.

I have attached one error log, but the game generated about five (what is the definition of insanity?) before I decided it really wasn't going to happen -- and they were all different, but the message on the pop up box was the same.

With the cheap stove in my sim son's house this worked totally fine.

C
« Last Edit: 2006 June 11, 12:09:14 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Weird error
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 11, 12:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you able to do it by clicking on the fridge instead?

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 11, 12:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a cloned aquarium? It makes me wonder if he wants to go watch it, but it is generating an error. Is he  jumping? I would delete the aquarium anyway, and see if that works.
I had this problem with the nanny and the table-top tv by Numenor. She couldn't switch it off and kept jumping when trying to do other stuff.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 11, 12:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like the work of the non-awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 11, 12:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The small tabletop caused me a similar problem, and I couldn't delete it either, except in debug mode with the debug option to delete!  But i agree with Emma, that if the aquarium is being referred to, the aquarium is to blame!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 11, 12:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, the aquarium is only a maxis aquarium and the other 4 or 5 errors make no mention of it when I tried the same exact thing.  I'll attach another one.

The hack detector is only seeing conflicts between JMs coffecuphack and firemod and Dannys Woohoo NPCs (which aren't on this lot) and also between JM's vampirefixes and Ste's zvampirecoffinmod.

I've attached another one of the error logs, this one for my self-sim.  You'll see there is no reference to the aquarium.

What happened was an error message would pop up "Reference to tree table entry that does not exist" and I would hit "reset", the sim would jump out and we'd go on as usual....

C
« Last Edit: 2006 June 11, 12:30:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 11, 12:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you have hack conflicts, you have to start by removing one of the two in each case.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 11, 12:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh btw I think it will see conflicts between Steve's and Pes's Vamp mods, have you downloaded the one included with the vampirecoffinmod? It makes sure it loads correctly so it works together right.

I would take out the coffecup hack and the woohoo npc one, see if it is working, and if it is, put them back individually to see if one of them is the cause. I can't see it being the coffecup hack because I have it, and it works without any problems. I don't have the other hack, although it looks rather interesting..... Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 11, 12:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack detector is only seeing conflicts between JMs coffecuphack and firemod and Dannys Woohoo NPCs (which aren't on this lot) and also between JM's vampirefixes and Ste's zvampirecoffinmod.
See, I told you something not-awesome was involved. A conflict will conflict regardless of whether the item is on the lot or not, since global codes are being altered.

As for your error, it is caused by something being globally altered to call a function which does not exist anymore. This is CLEARLY THE WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 11, 12:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for your error, it is caused by something being globally altered to call a function which does not exist anymore. This is CLEARLY THE WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME!

Is this then one of those "dangling" leftover sort of errors that are left even when you remove a hack?  How do I fix it?  Or can't I?

C

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 11, 12:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still have the Woohoo NPC hack in your game? If you do it will still be in there whether they are on the lot or not.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 11, 12:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I think that what remains of a hack depends on where the hack is installed in the game.  If it's the Downloads folder, then removing the hack should work, but if it's one of those that I personally won't use because it involves finding and replacing program files, then I wouldn't be sure it was totally removed.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 11, 13:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never put in a hack that didn't just go in the d/l folder except perhaps the woohoo pack and that had it's own installer.  Maybe that was it then?  I did use it's uninstaller but won't have time to play the game and try again until later.

odd that the cheap stove in my son's house worked fine though?

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 11, 13:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he use all your downloads etc., (ie in his own account) or have you made him a separate set of game files with his own Downloads?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 11, 16:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he use all your downloads etc., (ie in his own account) or have you made him a separate set of game files with his own Downloads?
No, no, that's not what I meant.   The expensive stove was in my self-sim's house.  The cheap stove was in my sim-son's house in the same neighborhood.  Both houses were played on the same day.  The expensive stove produced the errors.  The cheap stove worked just fine.

C

EDITED for clarity
« Last Edit: 2006 June 11, 16:43:34 by cwieberdink » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 11, 16:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean now!  And that is definitely odd!  and the stove you are having problems with is the expensive Maxis stove and not a recolour or a custom mesh?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 11, 17:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean now!  And that is definitely odd!  and the stove you are having problems with is the expensive Maxis stove and not a recolour or a custom mesh?

It was a recolor of a maxis stove.  I tried deleting and replacing it, that didn't work.  I'm going to try putting in a non-recolor and try putting in a cheaper/different stove and see what happens.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 11, 17:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two white recolours of the cheap Maxis fridge.  One is fine, the other comes up with the empty notification which, since I have TJ's mod, I never normally see.  If I have my sim click on the fridge, it is still empty and again I get "Stomach growling etc".  I've only noticed this recently and I'd delete the darn thing, but so far I haven't managed to discover which white fridge it is!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 11, 19:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I tried every stove I own in that house and nada.  I'm getting other odd errors popping up about socials as well.  This is only happening in this particular house, and not in any of my others.  I do not want to bulldoze this lot, but since I've rebuilt it from scratch about 4 times already, I guess I will if I have to.

Evidently my self-sim was "trying to perform a social interaction against a non-person".  Hehe.  Since "I" was upstairs when this happened and the real me was watching sim hubby downstairs, I didn't see what happened.  Evidently I was trying to play punch-you=punch-me against the wall or something.

Chris

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 11, 20:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peculiar!  Well, life's just a bit boring and I need to play a game.....what!  Hubby's all the way down those stairs?  Oh, well, guess I'll punch the wall instead!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 12, 08:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two white recolours of the cheap Maxis fridge.  One is fine, the other comes up with the empty notification which, since I have TJ's mod, I never normally see.  If I have my sim click on the fridge, it is still empty and again I get "Stomach growling etc".  I've only noticed this recently and I'd delete the darn thing, but so far I haven't managed to discover which white fridge it is!

I used to always get this with the maxis fridges too...I finally worked out it was because the time had elapsed from 'lunch' to 'dinner' and whatever I'd got my sim to make was no longer available. I think maxis has fixed this in the nightlife2 patch because I don't get this problem anymore.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 12, 08:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's only one fridge, and it can happen as soon as the family move in and go to make breakfast.  I'm pretty sure it's because that particular recolour is, for some reason, not getting updated properly,

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 12, 08:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably. I'd bin it if I were you Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 12, 08:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but for some reaon I can't permanently delete custom content in game (reinstalled OFB once, didn't fix it) so I shall have to remember to look at it in debug mode to find out which one it is!  Yet another thing to remember!  *sigh*  Wouldn't matter, but it loses quite a lot of it's value in the hour the family have been on the lot!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 12, 11:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is JM's lot debugger offering you any interesting options on that lot?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: