More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:05:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  encouraging and the macrotastic routine
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: encouraging and the macrotastic routine  (Read 6319 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
encouraging and the macrotastic routine
« on: 2005 August 13, 07:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there..

Just a quick question. Would it in any way be possible to tweak the encouraging macro so that when they are beoing encouraged to do things that involve another sim, they pick the one that is doing the encouraging, instead of trekking across the house, to bug the rest of the household?
It would make things a whole lot smother.

An example: Ive got two parents, and two teenagers. Each parent picks a teen, and encourages them. Instead of just playing red hands with the one that is already encouraging them, they walk over to the other two, and interrupts their enouraging routine, to get the quick red hands fix. It annoys the crap outta me....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: encouraging and the macrotastic routine
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 13, 07:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM has a special hack for this:

"Code:  encouragificator.zip

Encouragificator (v0.9b) for TS2 v1.0p1-1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish System (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

FEATURES:
Are you tired of the annoying micromanagement involved in trying to use the
Encourage options on your simchildren? Is it so irritating that you give up
because you have to repeat it so many times to accomplish anything, and it
cannot be queued, and usually somebody wanders off in mid-encouragement?
The Encouragificator handles this task management for you! Simply choose
Macro.../Encourage.../Whatever, and it will automatically encourage the sim
in question for you, over and over, until a mood failure occurs or you tell
it to stop.

NOTE: Like with normal Encourage, you cannot queue orders to occur after it,
as the Encourage system does not take well to this. As a result, if you queue
anything after encourage, the action will be terminated.

Finally, you can whip the lazy out of your miserable snotrag sim children!

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks.
Does not alter PersonGlobal menu. Tested for TS 1.0p1-p2 and TS2U v1.0."

I have it and it works fine.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 13, 08:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

erm.... That is actually what I am using. What I am asking, is if its possible to alter it,so that the one that does the encouraging, is also the one the enouragee picks for interacting with, if needs be, like with playfull, where they have to play red hands with someone to get some personality points... Or outgoing where they tell jokes to someone, or Nice, where they hug.

Right now, they pick the nearest person that is not encouraging them, and that disturbs everything else the family does

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 13, 11:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is core to the "Encourage" commands, and not a part of the Encouragifactor.

To strongly discourage them from harassing other family members, try piling orders onto those family members, especially "Power Idle". Power Idle will "block" the search for an idling third-party and thus force them to harass only the encourager.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 13, 15:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, nice. I have to try that, because that habit of finding another sim halfway across the galaxy to test the newly acquired skills is indeed very annoying.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 13, 18:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the same thing.  At least when they are being encouraged to be active, they stand right there and do jumping jacks or squats or whatever.  But when being encouraged to be grouchy, they go looking for someone to be mean to.  So I have to make sure everyone in the house is busy doing something or else.  I had everyone on the phone calling friends, but when one hung up, there the kid went after them.  I didn't think of using power idle. 

What is funny is when the parent encourages the kid to be grouchy, the kid makes a 'nyah-nyah!' face at them, and the parent folds their arms, leans back, and looks huffy, but then claps their hands and cheers.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 13, 19:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is core to the "Encourage" commands, and not a part of the Encouragifactor.

Well, guess I'll just have to stop doing double encouraging sessions then. I had the mother encourage one teenager, and the father the other, but they kept interfering with one another, and soon the house blew up in a fiery ball that could be seen from space. Or at least i wished it did...

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 28, 21:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you choose what they encourage?  When I tried it, I discovered Consort Capp encouraging Juliet to be grouchy and had to put a quick stop to it.  I don't have Uni so I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to work.  I just never liked the sound of Uni...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 29, 12:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, you just click on the sim to be encouraged, and choose Macro, Encourage, and then what ever you want them to encourage them in.  You can encourage anything that the older sim has strong points in except laziness, which is not included in the Encouragificator because JMP believes this constitues child abuse.  Cheesy
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 14:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get a choice about what was to be encouraged.  He just started right in on encourage grouchiness - Isn't that child abuse too? - better try it again though - maybe there were special circumstances about that one.  I'll post again if necessary.  thanks

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 29, 15:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get a choice about what was to be encouraged.  He just started right in on encourage grouchiness - Isn't that child abuse too? - better try it again though - maybe there were special circumstances about that one.  I'll post again if necessary.  thanks
Well, I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the options on what to encourage.  But JM considers grouchiness to be a good thing because grouchy sims don't cry and whine when someone teases or insults them, they insult or tease back.  Furthermore, they don't tend to insult or tease others they are friends with.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 30, 14:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried it again with another sim in another lot.  I don't get any options.  He just started right in encouraging niceness.  He did have a choice of things to encourage so it wasn't skipping the menu through lack of choice .
I only have the sims2 not Uni or NL, but that hack read me says that's OK.
Personally I don't like my sims too nice or too neat, but ultra grouchy sims are a real pain when it comes to making career friends.
I see I'm an asinine airhead - first time anyone's ever dared call me an airhead! - anyone alive that is......  Grouch, grouch   
« Last Edit: 2005 September 30, 15:39:46 by cwykes » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 30, 18:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried it again with another sim in another lot.  I don't get any options.  He just started right in encouraging niceness.  He did have a choice of things to encourage so it wasn't skipping the menu through lack of choice .
I only have the sims2 not Uni or NL, but that hack read me says that's OK.
Personally I don't like my sims too nice or too neat, but ultra grouchy sims are a real pain when it comes to making career friends.
I see I'm an asinine airhead - first time anyone's ever dared call me an airhead! - anyone alive that is......  Grouch, grouch   
I seem to remember something about needing Uni to access third-level menus.  That is probably why you aren't seeing the options.  About the airhead label, that's another one of Pescado's things.  He's an old grouchy knowledge Sim.  The labels get worse, and they go in alphabetical order.  Look at mine, LOL.  No one has ever dared call me a jackass either.  I pay them no attention other than to point and laugh.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 30, 19:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wondered if lack of Uni had something to do with it.  might be nice to have this in the readme......
Actually - I quite like airhead - in some perverse kind of way!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: