More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:28:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This is why some sims just need to go...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is why some sims just need to go...  (Read 12892 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
This is why some sims just need to go...
« on: 2006 June 04, 03:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...either by satellite or something.
This is a mothersim.  She has six kids.  This is kid #4 she's thinking about and writing in her diary.  Said kid is standing right there.  Poor kid.  You know she'll grow up with simissues.  A simcomplex. 

What to do, how to kill... ( I won't, but I can take some small pleasure in thinking about it).

Edit:  hey, I just noticed I'm no longer an assinine airhead (I liked that title) but now I'm a blathering buffoon.  I guess this post fits right in.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: This is why some sims just need to go...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 03:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moved to the Podium because it's not really Retardo.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 03:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I just assume everything I say is Retardo  Tongue
Thank you Bluesoup.

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 04:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, a question about dying/killing Sims - does your Sim give an inheritance when they die by anything other than old age?

Cuz I've been toying with the idea of killing off one of these Sims but I don't want them to miss out on the mass money-grubbing to be had.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 04:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

inheritances only happen when they die from old age.

it's a shame - the insurance payouts for premature death could be really helpful!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 04:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Inheritances are only granted for old age. It's a little backwards from how regular life insurance works. On the other hand, payouts for premature death would probably inspire players to murder sims, which is probably not the idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 04, 04:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reflecting on the original post...  isn't that just the usual shy sim reaction to someone being near them while writing in their diary?  I don't think it really has anything to do with the mother not liking her child.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 04, 04:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's much more interesting to think that way though.  Wink
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 04, 04:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aw... I don't know if that looks like the mother doesn't like the kid. looks to me more like she's clutching her diary to her chest and thinking "ack! she's trying to read my diary" *chuckles* I don't know if that warrents death plots.

edit: yeh... what ness said. ^.^

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 04, 04:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right, BlueSoup, much more interesting to think that way.  But I'm in report-writing mode and things tend to be very literal at the moment!
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 04, 04:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would consider it just being the shy sim thing, but this simmom just isn't very nice to this particular kid.  I don't know, just an observation from above, since I spend a lot of time just watching them all.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 04, 06:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought it just seemed profoundly stupid and unwise to write all your secrets into a book that someone can read. Wouldn't it make more sense to memorize them so no one will know they even exist, let alone have any evidence that can be used against you? If you were to write such a journal, it should be filled with lies, deceit, and treachery designed to lure spies to certain 3D doom.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 04, 08:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, JM, but diaries can be rturned into memoirs when you're old and don't care anymore, and can rake in a crapload of cash.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 04, 10:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just seems to me that she doesn't have a near 100/100 relationship with the kid - probably too busy with all the others or having another baby to bond!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 04, 10:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think relationship levels make any difference to shy sims when their diaries are involved!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 04, 11:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first saw this I thought it meant they didn't like the person, then I realised they were just hiding their diary from them because they were in the vicinity.  They do it even if the person is eating or something and not even looking at the stupid diary.  Haven't noticed that it's only shy Sims, though.  The only one I can remember offhand who does it a lot is Cassandra, who is of course very shy, but as far as I know they all do.  I can understand Cassandra doing it anyway, she wouldn't want Darren knowing she has the hots for practically every Knowledge & Family Sim in the neighbourhood.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 04, 11:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think when they have a very good relationship even shy sims don't do it as much.  But if the one in the thought bubble is the one in the room, they do it.

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 04, 14:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe it's both - she wrote something bad about the kid and realised she crept up on her so she hid her diary entry so the kid won't read it.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 04, 17:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to check it out a bit more thoroughly in the game today.  This is a stay-at-home mom with a maid.  She has an excellent relationship with her other kids, and a fairly good one with the kid in the picture, but that might be because I "interfere" sometimes and make them do things together. 

On a side note - it's crazy fun to watch 8 sims in one house go about their business.  That's when the surprises happen (that's how they got to six kids).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 04, 18:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly the kids has totally different interests to the mother - so talk-share interests might help to improve things.

Zephyr Zodiac
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 06, 01:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took a closer look at this mom and kid - the most obvious thing was their personality trait differences - mom is a slob and outgoing while the kid is a neatnick and very shy.  Maybe this is what's keeping them from getting full relationship scores with each other.  (heh, they're not even 1/3 relationship scores).  The nice thing is that as the older kids move on to college it may free up time for them to get along better. 

Anyway, thanks for all the input.  It turns out Sim relationships can be very much like my own dysfunctional relationship with my mother.   Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 06, 10:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to mention that the diary interaction is totally due to wanting to hide the diary and not necessarily because they hate the sim they are thinking of. I found this interaction when I was digging through the code a while ago. It may have initially been a shy personality thing only. It had been disabled, so I enabled it. Shy sims were allowed to pull out their diary from their asses and write in it. But whenever another sim was in the room, regardless of what age they were, Tongue they would try to hide the diary. I had a hilarious situation where I was testing this, and the adult sim was trying to hide her diary from her toddler. As if she was afraid her toddler would read it. I thought that was pretty funny considering the toddler couldn't even walk or talk yet, much less read. Roll Eyes

Anyhew, I took a closer look at the code, and from what I recall, I think it just checks to see if any sims were in the same room, regardless of age. This seemed to be the prototype for the diary interaction which I think was changed a little, and then added to the bookglobals. So now anyone could use it, but you had to have a bookcase. However, I think sims can still pull the diary out of their asses, no? I don't remember if they actually walk over to the bookcase to get their diary, and if they walk over to put it away.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 06, 10:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to mention that the diary interaction is totally due to wanting to hide the diary and not necessarily because they hate the sim they are thinking of. I found this interaction when I was digging through the code a while ago. It may have initially been a shy personality thing only. It had been disabled, so I enabled it. Shy sims were allowed to pull out their diary from their asses and write in it. But whenever another sim was in the room, regardless of what age they were, Tongue they would try to hide the diary. I had a hilarious situation where I was testing this, and the adult sim was trying to hide her diary from her toddler. As if she was afraid her toddler would read it. I thought that was pretty funny considering the toddler couldn't even walk or talk yet, much less read. Roll Eyes
I'm sure that could easily have been fixed to ignore, say, Toddlers, and the hallucinatory beings of others...

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 06, 13:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think diaries come from the book case - but I'd need to get back into the game to check.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 06, 13:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, they do come from the bookcase, but they disappear up the sim's ass when they're done with it.  Very odd. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: