More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:31:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Argue about affair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Argue about affair  (Read 5388 times)
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Argue about affair
« on: 2006 June 04, 00:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this else where but I wanted to try my chances here as well!

Is it possible to have an option to argue about "Affair"? I hate the fact that even without a hack to break up, I would have to argue about random things! (according to the thought bubbles). It would be soooooo awesome to have that option!

thank you to all
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Argue about affair
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 01:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arguments are about interests, not memories. What is effectively happening during an argue interaction is that Sim A is saying "I really hate [topic that Sim A has low interest in]!", and if Sim B has high interest in that topic, they'll argue back, and then trash talk some other topic of interest (which ideally Sim A is interested in), or if Sim B also has low interest, they'll say "Me too!" and the argument ends for lack of anything to argue about. Incorporating memories would have to be an entirely new interaction with an entirely new set of rules for how it works.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much easier just to start slapping the other person
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 01:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think sometimes we are in danger of forgetting that our sims are NOT human beings, and do not always act like we do!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 02:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the animations for the arguing were all wrong, but maybe that's why, if they end by discussing something they both agree to disagree on.  What I mean is, they would start by clearly disagreeing, but by the end they appeared to be chatting quite happily.  It never made any sense to me at all, I thought it was buggered-up or something.

And what's this about them not being human?  Of course they are.  Aren't they???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 02:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 04, 02:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the animations for the arguing were all wrong, but maybe that's why, if they end by discussing something they both agree to disagree on.  What I mean is, they would start by clearly disagreeing, but by the end they appeared to be chatting quite happily.  It never made any sense to me at all, I thought it was buggered-up or something.

I noticed this too, and I just thought it was kind of corny. They start off arguing and then one of them just laughs if off and waves their hand indifferently at the other, as if to say... "oh... you silly cad, you do amuse me sir. But enough of that nonsense ruffian. Good day."  Roll Eyes I'm like... uh... I'm trying to start a fight dammit. What is so goddamned funny? Silly sims.

And what's this about them not being human?  Of course they are.  Aren't they???

Uh.... what? Not human?!?!?!? I don't think I understand this...  Wink

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 04, 02:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The arguing animations look more like my normal conversations to me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 04, 09:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think there was actually something in the Prima Guide about this.  When sims argue, they choose a topic at random and they argue if the other sim is not interested in it.  They will continue to argue until they hit on a topic they both like, and then the argument ends, because they are actually agreeing on something.  Roll Eyes  Unlike human beings, who sometimes argue for the sake of it, even when they are actually on the same side.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 04, 09:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but we're strange like that, we argue with people who are friends and get +rel from it.

More accurately, though, sims don't argue until they find a topic they like, they argue until they find something they both hate.

Sims are also strange in that an interest in "politics" implies the ability to hold a conversation about the matter without it turning into an argument, unlike in real life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 04, 21:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This annoys me too but not nearly so much as a wife catching her husband's mistress out with someone else and getting all pissy at the mistress (presumably for cheating on her husband).

Silly, silly Sims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 04, 21:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's a real cause for congratulating!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 05, 03:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This annoys me too but not nearly so much as a wife catching her husband's mistress out with someone else and getting all pissy at the mistress (presumably for cheating on her husband).
Get the Romance Mod. It fixes the incomprehensible nature of the screaming.

Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 05, 06:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think sometimes we are in danger of forgetting that our sims are NOT human beings, and do not always act like we do!

Not real?!  Oh, crap.  I guess I better cancel the life insurance policy I have on them.

Damn, and so many of them were dying of old age.  I thought I was going to get the motherlode.  Wink
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 08, 23:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, where to get the romance mod? it is not in the directory for OFB, not in "hacks" or "test". Thanks.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 08, 23:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the moreawesomethanyou.zip.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile