More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:12:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NPC's
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NPC's  (Read 8690 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
NPC's
« on: 2006 June 02, 16:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a house with 2 families living in it and I would like to make one of the families NPC's. Is there a way to do this?

Note: I have all the games execpt OFB. I do have and am enjoying FFS though Grin

All your base are belong to us.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: NPC's
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 02, 16:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean townies (non-playable Sims who don't have any specific role in the game except providing extra population)?

You can do that with (among other things) the Simlogical teleporter plus shrub, available at http://www.nectere.net/smf/ or there are versions with extra features in the Peasantry section here.

If you mean actual NPCs (non-playable Sims who have specific tasks in the game, such as maid, paper boy, shop cashier in a non-owned store, etc.), as far as I know that can't be done.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 02, 17:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean actual NPCs (non-playable Sims who have specific tasks in the game, such as maid, paper boy, shop cashier in a non-owned store, etc.), as far as I know that can't be done.

I really wish that could be done.  When I merged my Strangetown and Pleasantview hoods, I had to send Gordon King, Meredith Lillard and Kaylynn Langerak out to be townies, which is now just weird to see them walking around in their various uniforms.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 02, 17:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want them to leave the lot, I just don't want to control them anymore.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 02, 17:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want them to leave the lot, I just don't want to control them anymore.

That's not possible.  If you change them to townies, they will leave of their own accord at the usual times visiting townies leave.

If you don't want to control them anymore, you could just have them accidentally die, and then they'll hang around as ghosts. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 02, 17:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or simply just don't play that lot.  Start a new family!

Zephyr Zodiac
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 02, 17:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still want to play one of the 2 families that are there. What if i cange the status to a dorm lot, would that help?

The dormies don't leave, but you can't control them Huh

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 02, 17:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it, you'd probably find yourself with those moving out and othe dormies moving in, or something equally wierd.  Why not simply move out the family you want to play to another lot?  You might even find that by splitting them up, you want to start playing the ones you left behind again later on.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 02, 18:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not simply move-out the members you don't want to play anymore.  They will stay in the family bin until you are ready or interested in playing them again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 02, 18:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless they have mobiles phones, though, the ones that remain will lose their relationships with them.

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 02, 18:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true (entered into the cheat window, of course) and then shift-click on the family members you don't want to actively control anymore and select 'make unselectable'. I believe that will accomplish what you want to do, but I'm not 100% sure.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 02, 18:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should do, but sims being what they are, if they aren't proper dormies, they won't have a defence against exhaustion except for drinking espresso and napping - they have to be told to go to bed.  I don't know whether installing the sleepclock before making them unselectable would still call them to bed at a set time.  Also, since they are not dormies, they will still age and go to class and final exams just as the controllable sims will, but if they lack the necessary skill points, they will do badly as they will not be able to fill their meter up.

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 02, 18:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is probably no way to make some of the Sims that live on a lot uncontrollable and have them continue to live on the lot. If you want them to still live on the same lot, but you don't want to issue any commands to them, then just make sure free will is turned on for that lot and then DON'T ISSUE ANY COMMANDS TO THEM. Their behaviour will be the same if you choose not to control them as it would be if you were unable to control them.

Otherwise you can make them into townies or move them out and onto another lot, and they'll still be available in the neighborhood, but not on the same lot except as visitors.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 02, 18:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a non-awesome hack at MtS2 that gives you individual free-will. Just leave free-will off for the sims you do want to play and free-will on for those you want to just run amuck. *nods*

bah... as I was in the process of looking up the link to give you MtS2 went offline for maintenance. If I remember I'll try and look it up later and edit it in.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 02, 19:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, though, if you leave them on the same lot and they start to fail in their course work, or look like dropping dead, you'd probably end up having to do something about it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 02, 22:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best thing to do would be to install macrotastics and stick the ones you don't want to have to deal with on permanent power idle.  They'll then quite intelligently take care of their own needs so they won't die.  They'll still be selectable, but I don't think you have any choice on that.

The other best option would be to give them cell phones, move them out and leave them in the family bin.  You'll still be able to contact them, but they won't be taking up space in the house.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 02, 22:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still wouldn't get any skills they need, though, or do assignments etc.  I would think you would have to intervene to set macro skillinator or college rampage.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 02, 22:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the original user said about not wanting to control them leaves me thinking that they don't really care about skill gain and such. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 02, 22:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but they might feel differently later, when it's too late.

I often have students I "go off" for a bit, but then I make myself rotate through each house and don't let myself ignore any of them.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 02, 22:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does it say they are students?

If they are students, you can use an ingelogical shrub to make them townies and they end up in the dormie pool.  There is no way to guarantee that they will move into a dorm, though.

If this is a uni situation we are dealing with - if you change the lot zoning, you will need to have enough myne doors to cause enough dormies to move in.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 02, 22:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still want to play one of the 2 families that are there. What if i cange the status to a dorm lot, would that help?

The dormies don't leave, but you can't control them Huh

I assumed from this that they are students.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 02, 22:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible, I guess...  I'm not convinced though.

I wonder what effect zoning something as a dorm would have in the main neighbourhood...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 02, 22:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's been tried, but I don't know the outcome.

Zephyr Zodiac
miaokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 03, 00:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are students, you can use an ingelogical shrub to make them townies and they end up in the dormie pool.  There is no way to guarantee that they will move into a dorm, though.

Actually, I've been able to hand select dormies by teleporting in the desired dormie, making them selectable, and telling them to claim a door.  They behave like normal dormies after this.  The only problem I've noticed is that if you don't unselect them before they actually claim the door, the objects in their room won't be hidden.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 03, 00:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then you can see that they don't actually use the bed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: