More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:36:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 9/15/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady (Updated 9/15/2008)  (Read 143099 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Uni and Older Versions (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 11, 05:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine, due to the percentage of InTeen content, downloading this hack is equivalent to drownin kittens, but only a little, just not enough to actually kill them.  Grin

Ste

cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Uni and Older Versions (Updated 6/5/2006)
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 13, 22:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so great! I have a gay couple that I really don't want to get married, but one of the guys tends to cat about town with other guys, girls, social bunnies.....
Does this affect wants, could someone have a want to go steady with someone they like? Would they be less likely to wander? Okay you might have answered that some where but I didn't see it. Thanks for the great mod, I thought it was wierd that adults couldn't "date."
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 14, 21:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this affect wants, could someone have a want to go steady with someone they like? Would they be less likely to wander? Okay you might have answered that some where but I didn't see it. Thanks for the great mod, I thought it was wierd that adults couldn't "date."

Hrm, that's a good question. This particular hack does not affect wants at all. And although, I did make the teenenabledadultwants hack in order to enable romantic wants between teens and older, which can be found here, I just realized now that the Go Steady wants might possibly be limited to Teens Only in the same way that Woohoo wants are limited to Adults and older...

Because of this, it probably would require a hack to the core files... I'll try and take a look into this.

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Added Fix to handle Death (Updated 6/20/2
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 20, 05:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing today, and it just dawned on me that I hadn't thought of what might happen if sims are going steady and one of them dies. I wasn't sure if the game already handled this case, since it probably doesn't expect adults or older sims to be flagged for going steady. To test this, I had an adult couple going steady in my game, and I finally managed to kill one of them off (some of you in chat may already know about that ordeal Roll Eyes what a stubborn sim!) Anyways, as I suspected, the game did Not remove the 'going steady' flags. I checked in SimPE, and sure enough the flags were still there.

So... I had to add some code that should now handle this properly when sims die. If sims were going steady with the deceased, those flags should now be removed. This part is untested by me thus far, but theoretically it should work. Let me know if you have any problems.

Ste

IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - Added Fix to handle Death (Updated 6/20/2006)
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 21, 17:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm also an "ancient" but I think this your mod is really a GREAT mod.
I have many friends that lives in the same home as they are married and they aren't, nor engaged, so the term "steady" is absolutely good for them. And, this matches perfectly the Pescado's romancemod, because a steady sim in my game normally refuses flirts or other romantic interactions from strangers.

Keep a good work. Thanks

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 8/14/2006 - Base Game/Uni Versio
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 14, 22:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugfix for Basegame/Uni versions. I'm surprised no one else reported this. Tongue Essentially there was a minor bug in the Test BHAV. When I back ported the Basegame/Uni version, I had to use the Uni version of the 'Go Steady' TEST BHAV, and I forgot to change the age test, which specifically checks if the sim you click on is a Teen, otherwise it doesn't work. I fixed it so it should now look for Teen or older. Sorry about that. All regular, traditional, autonomy and no autonomy versions for the Basegame/Uni should be fixed now.

Ste

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 8/14/2006 - Base Game/Uni Versions)
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 15, 11:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a minor annoyance with your mod. I had a couple who were going steady, he - adult, she - teen. After she turned into an adult she didn't have the go steady icon in her relationship panel, but he did. She wasn't able to propose an engagement/ go steady anymore, though he still could. After he had proposed to her she did have the marriage option available, so it's really no big deal, just something I noticed.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 8/14/2006 - Base Game/Uni Versio
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 15, 17:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Do you have the Age Transitions fix? I think twojeffs made it, with a version for Teens Keep Loves or what not. You can find them here.

I should probably mention this in the main post and add a link. This is most likely the cause. When teens transition, I think the game automatically wipes out the hearts and/or go steady icons. You'll need to use the Teens Keep Loves version. My hack should not conflict with any of those fixes. In fact, it would be best if you have both the 'Go Steady Critical Fix' and the 'Age Transitions Fix - Teens Keep Loves' version.

Ste

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 8/14/2006 - Base Game/Uni Versions)
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 15, 21:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can a sim get engaged to a Sim going steady with someone else?  The reason I ask is because I'm interested in the version with autonomy because I like the idea of some random relationship mayhem.  However, if I want two sims to marry and one of them has autonomously decided to go steady with another sim I don't want it to interfere with my future marriage plans, especially if this will be autonomous between non-playables.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 15, 21:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can a sim get engaged to a Sim going steady with someone else?

Nope. You will either have to manually direct the sims to break up (and hopefully that works with no glitches, if not, please report back Tongue) or direct them to fight a lot and wait and see if they will actually break up autonomously.

However, it should be noted that, as twojeffs has reported, autonomy for these actions (based on the social plug-in) only advertises to adults. Teens and elders will not autonomously use these type of social plug-ins.

Ste

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 16, 09:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Do you have the Age Transitions fix? I think twojeffs made it, with a version for Teens Keep Loves or what not. You can find them here.

I should probably mention this in the main post and add a link. This is most likely the cause. When teens transition, I think the game automatically wipes out the hearts and/or go steady icons. You'll need to use the Teens Keep Loves version. My hack should not conflict with any of those fixes. In fact, it would be best if you have both the 'Go Steady Critical Fix' and the 'Age Transitions Fix - Teens Keep Loves' version.

Ste

I have both fixes now, and everything works perfectly. Thank you very much  Kiss

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 August 16, 14:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, in that case there ought to be a way to ask someone about their current relationship status.  If they're engaged or married, you're probably going to remember that you told them to get engaged or married, and if you forget you can zoom in and check for a ring.  But if they're going to be in a relationship that they decide to get into themselves and there's no visible sign that they're in a relationship, then there needs to be a way to find out if they're in a relationship so that you can decide whether or not your sim wants to go after them.  Either that, or they need to be able to autonomously break up when they still have a good relationship but there's someone they like a lot better around.

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 August 17, 09:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breaking up should have about the same autonomy as going steady, except that I put in mood/need checks, to see if the sim is in a bad mood. Romance sims are more likely to break up autonomously whereas Family sims are less likely. Vice-versa for going steady autonomously. I think I added some personality checks to, so nicer sims are less likely to break up. And autonomy is currently restricted to PCs only. However, I haven't thoroughly tested autonomy. It should work in theory. Tongue

As for a way to tell if a sim is going steady... hrm. Well... first, that is a neat suggestion, to have sims more likely to break up if they identify someone else that they have better chemistry with or something, but I imagine it would be a bit more complicated to code this type of thing, which seems to fall into the realm of what twojeffs is doing with the CR. A bit more advanced for me and it isn't something that I want to delve into right now. off the top of my head, it would probably require constantly testing to see if other/new sims that are/show up on the lot have better chemistry than their current steady, and I can foresee possible too many iteration errors with that.

A more simpler thing to do would possibly be enabling a clickacble option on targets to view their relationship status, or adding an option under the Ask... menu, something to the effect of Ask about relationship status, and the sim can just report that they are currently going steady with... or are engaged/married to... and have that show up as a dialog box.

I'll consider this, as it might be the easier thing to do. And depending on what people think, I can either make it a neutral interaction that just reports info, or have it actually potentially adjust relationships. I'm not sure if all of those interactions under the Ask... menu actually affect STR/LTR levels or if there are neutral ones that simply report without changing STR/LTR.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 August 17, 15:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not using the autonomy version, but a dialogue reporting the sim's status and who their SO is would be neat to have in larger neighborhoods where I sometimes forget who's with whom.  Cheesy
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 August 17, 17:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q: I have never gotten the autonomous go steady wants for adults with the inTeen. Does this mod actually conflict with the inTeen? It looks like it does more than the latter mod.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 August 17, 23:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q: I have never gotten the autonomous go steady wants for adults with the inTeen. Does this mod actually conflict with the inTeen? It looks like it does more than the latter mod.

A. This mod shouldn't affect wants. This just enables the 'Go Steady' interaction for adults and elders. It does conflict with InTeen because jase already enabled it with InTeen. He even made it shinier and changed the icons and stuff so they say Committed Relationship, or something like that. I don't know the specifics exactly. But he was kind enough to let me steal borrow his code for this. Cheesy

I'll look into cloning one of the ask interactions and modeling the SO report after that.

Ste

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 September 10, 03:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this mod will only allow autonomy if the initiating sim is in love with the target sim?
I have had at least 2 cases of sims asking another to go steady when there wasn't even a crush there yet.

One example was a dormie trying to ask my sim to go steady. I didn't write down their relationship scores with each other but definitely were less than 40 daily/lifetime. She had not previously even initiated any kind of romantic interactions towards him.

The other case was when a playable sim asked another playable to go steady and he turned her down. Later on, while he was in love and had 100/96 with another playable sim, the first girl asked him again. This time he accepted! He had 47/35 towards her, she 49/42 towards him, no crush, nothing.
Why would he accept going steady when he was in love and had a crush?

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 September 10, 06:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this mod will only allow autonomy if the initiating sim is in love with the target sim?
I have had at least 2 cases of sims asking another to go steady when there wasn't even a crush there yet.

One example was a dormie trying to ask my sim to go steady. I didn't write down their relationship scores with each other but definitely were less than 40 daily/lifetime. She had not previously even initiated any kind of romantic interactions towards him.

I'll have to take a look into this. I don't remember exactly what are the relationship checks.

The other case was when a playable sim asked another playable to go steady and he turned her down. Later on, while he was in love and had 100/96 with another playable sim, the first girl asked him again. This time he accepted! He had 47/35 towards her, she 49/42 towards him, no crush, nothing.
Why would he accept going steady when he was in love and had a crush?

Well, actually, I didn't mod the result setting for this interaction. It is actually a clone of another interaction, which I think in turn began as a clone from the social kiss interaction. I only recently looked at how results are set in social interactions and I have a better understanding now. I suppose I can go back and mod this to make the acceptance a bit more realistic. In most social interactions, it appears to check the LTR and STRs, as well as mood. In some cases, the result can be modified based on personality as well. I'll take a look at the code again and come up with something that seems reasonable.

Ste

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 September 10, 15:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot to mention I have the "Autonomy NL-and-later Marriage Traditional" version, if that matters.
I like the autonomy, it just suprised me that he would accept going steady when he was already in love with another sim.
Maybe you can just change it so that they don't accept if they are in love with another (red heart)?
His love did get jealous (as it was done and accepted right in front of her). She lost the red heart for him. A little later she lost the crush as well when the girl did a flirt with her man. It was pretty funny to watch though. It definitely added some drama, lol.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 September 10, 15:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, a real person won't ask someone to go steady (at least, not seriously) if they don't at least have a crush on them, but they will accept from someone that they don't have a crush on even if they have a crush on someone else, provided that they have a good relationship otherwise and aren't in love with someone else.  (The reasoning behind this is usually something along the lines of not feeling like they deserve their crush.)  If they're in love but it's not mutual, they'll go steady with someone they have a crush on.  If they have mutual love, they'll only go steady with someone they love, but will accept even if the person asking isn't the one they have mutual love with.  People who seem to have a romance aspiration tend to be an exception to all of this, as they will only go steady with someone they love.  I don't know if you'd agree with any of this or how hard it would be to code, but this is what I've personally observed.

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 9/11/2006)
« Reply #45 on: 2006 September 11, 09:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I tweaked the autonomy and the acceptance code a little. It turns out, the original test for Go Steady already checks if the sim has a crush at least, however... if not, it Does allow the option if there is chemistry... So... that is probably why, even if the sims in question did not have crushes on each other, they might have high enough chemistry that the option was available. Whether or not the chemistry shows up in the UI panel or not, I don't know. I don't think those bolts are set until sims interact, possibly requiring a romantic interaction... but I believe the underlying chemistry can be present even though the bolty icons might not show it yet. *shrugs*

Anyhew... I tweaked it so that, in the autonomous versions... if autonomous, the sims with crushes will still be autonomous. Sims who do not have crushes must be fairly outgoing (7+).

For the acceptance code... it depended originally on LTR, STR, mood, and niceness. It seems that, if the LTR > 40, STR > 30, and Mood > 40... the sim will accept! So... I guess the possibility of accepting, even tho they may not have a crush, is pretty high already. Tongue AND!!! Even if LTR < 40... sims who are Very nice (>6) will still have a very good chance of accepting. Tongue

I tweaked that it should check if the target sim is in love with someone else, who is still alive, other than the asking sim. However, even if this is true, as sims meet each check (LTR, STR, Mood, and Niceness), they will have a higher random chance of still accepting, ranging from 25-45% (so still slightly less than 1/2 the time). Family sims will have a slightly higher chance, with a max of 55% chance of acceptance. Romance sims will be less likely.

All of this remains untested, but the code looks clean enough to me. Tongue I'll probably test it out sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. I also have a few tweaks to my grow up townies hack that I still need to test, before I release the next version of that.

Anyhew, as always, back up your stuff... keep a backup maybe of the previous version, just in case I missed anything. Tongue And let me know if you have any problems. These are small, yet somewhat significant tweaks. Hopefully it lesses acceptance and autonomy, but it should totally stomp it out. Hopefully, with the randomness, it will be reasonable. Smiley

Ste

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 September 14, 20:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi syberspunk,

A few more things I've noticed...(I haven't tried the new version 1.07 yet, so I'm still commenting on the old one, 1.06)

Going back to the couple that autonomously went steady (crush but no love), I had the guy cheat on her right in front of her face numerous times (kiss, make out, flirt) and not once did she get jealous. I then had her flirt with another sim in front of him, he did not get jealous but his sister who was in the same room did throw a fit (which means she recognized the cheating). Why are they not getting jealous if they are in the same room and even looking right at what's going on? He is a Money sim and she is Popularity, could this be the reason?

As a result, the option to break up would not appear so I had to have him fight her and then the option to break up showed (since she was furious). 
Would it be possible to make the break up option appear at all times or at least make it a little easier? I guess if they were to get jealous on their own then it wouldn't be a need for the easier break-up.

If the no jealousy is the result of their personality/aspirations, then disregard.

thanks
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 September 14, 21:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... how very odd. I'll try and check my code out for sure... but... as far as I can tell, jealousy would be handled by the romancemod. I don't think that anything I changed conflicts specifically with the romancemod. Just the marriage-traditional hack. My mod should just enable going steady... but maybe... the romancemod doesn't detect going steady status among adults? Which would kinda suck, but I thought that it did, because I'm certain I had a young adult sims who were going steady end up with jealousy when one of them cheated in front of their face. But in my case, the cheatee did not get furious, just jealous. The cheater did get furious when the cheatee slapped him tho. Tongue

Off the top of my head, I'd say confirm that both sims that were going steady had the 'go steady' pink hearts set and/or corresponding memories. There might be a chance where the interaction failed, and only one of them got set and the other didn't. But I thought I had fixed that. It could still be flukey tho...

Another thing... did your sims only have crushes set while going steady? Or did you mean that, before they went steady, they only had crushes? Did they never get the love hearts at all, even after going steady? I don't know if the romancemod checks to see if, sims who are in a committed relationship are also in love. Maybe sims who are in a committed relationship, but are not in love anymore, won't get jealous? I'd have to look at the romance mod to be sure.

As for the romancemod itself... I thought that all aspirations would get jealous, and the only exceptions are Romance Sims if their personality the criteria, or Pleasure sims unless it involved their SO or something like that. I think there was a somewhat recent post about it again. I know it keeps coming up again and again, lol, but I always forget the exact aspiration and personality dependent criteria. It seems odd that the sister would recognize the affair, but not the actual SO. However... Pescado has mentioned that, there are "rare" instances where, if the sim was occupied in some other interaction, the window of awareness opportunity could have been missed, and thus, the sim ends up being totally oblivious to the events that transpired. Hrm... but upon re-reading your post, it looks like you tried to do this several times. The only other thing I can think of... is it possible that the cheatee also liked the 3rd party? If both parties in a committed relationship both love the 3rd party, then there won't be jealousy.

I'll try and take a look at this later on and get back to ya. Smiley

Ste

ETA - Ok, I took a look at the code and:

1) Briefly looking at my adultsgosteady hack, I can't see anything that would break jealousy emitting. The bhavs that I include should be related to going steady, breaking up, and proposing. I don't think there is anything that I changed that should turn off jealousy...

Jealousy should be handled by the romancemod, so with that in mind:

2) I looked at the romancemod and all looks well to me. The BHAV that determines whether a sim is jealous checks if the cheatee and the cheater are in love (so they must at least have red hearts) and if not, they have to at least be on a date. With that in mind, it means that even if sims are going steady, engaged, or married, they won't get jealous if they are not in love. This makes sense to me. Since you can sort of be in loveless marriages or you can be in committed relationships where you might have fallen out of love for some reason. So... if your sims managed to go steady but not fall in love yet, then that is probably why your sim did not get jealous.

3) If they were in love (had red hearts) the romancemod Does indeed check whether the sims are in a form of committed relationship, including going steady, engaged, and married. Sooo... if all the conditions were correct (the cheater and the cheatee were going steady And had red hearts) And the cheatee was present to witness the cheating and was not otherwise pre-occupied, then s/he should have gotten jealous. The exceptions are Romance sims and non-committed Pleasure sims who meat the personality criteria (nice + playful + outgoing >= 15 then they won't get jealous). All other aspirations will get jealous. Now that I'm looking at it... it seems that lovers should theoretically get jealous even if they are not in a committed relationship? In other words... it shouldn't have matter that your sims were committed or not. Non romance and non-pleasure sims should get jealous of their lovers. I'm not sure if that is intentional... or was changed maybe when the romancemod was tweaked for Pleasure sims...

I guess all this time, I slightly misunderstood the romancemod. I was under the impression that jealousy was restricted to committed relationships, at least for all other aspirations. But the only exceptions where jealousy does not occur appears to be for Romance and non-committed Pleasure sims who meet the personality criteria. In all other cases, at least if I am reading the code correctly, sims who are in love should still get jealous, even if they are not in a form of committed relationship.

The committed relationship thing is only a factor if the ones involved in the interaction are in a committed relationship. In other words, if Sim A and Sim B are interacting romantically, and Sim C is in love with one of those sims, they won't get jealous if Sim A and Sim B are in a committed relationship. I suppose this helps stamp out weird random acts of jealousy involving children and what not. That way they don't get pissy if mommy is kissing their "new" step-daddy. Too bad it robs you of the possibility of jealous extramarital/outside lovers who might still be crazy enough to get jealous even if their lover is interacting with their right spouse. I mean, you could be a skankity ho that goes out with married men, and even tho you know that he is married and cheating on his wife, you could still get jealous when you see them kissing. If you were discreet, you might not make a scene, but if you're crazy, you might boil rabbits or something. Tongue

So... it seems to me that your issue hinges on whether or not your sims were actually in love. If they only had crushes, then there's no jealousy.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 15, 04:42:05 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 September 15, 08:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3) If they were in love (had red hearts) the romancemod Does indeed check whether the sims are in a form of committed relationship, including going steady, engaged, and married. Sooo... if all the conditions were correct (the cheater and the cheatee were going steady And had red hearts) And the cheatee was present to witness the cheating and was not otherwise pre-occupied, then s/he should have gotten jealous. The exceptions are Romance sims and non-committed Pleasure sims who meat the personality criteria (nice + playful + outgoing >= 15 then they won't get jealous). All other aspirations will get jealous. Now that I'm looking at it... it seems that lovers should theoretically get jealous even if they are not in a committed relationship? In other words... it shouldn't have matter that your sims were committed or not. Non romance and non-pleasure sims should get jealous of their lovers. I'm not sure if that is intentional... or was changed maybe when the romancemod was tweaked for Pleasure sims...

I guess all this time, I slightly misunderstood the romancemod. I was under the impression that jealousy was restricted to committed relationships, at least for all other aspirations. But the only exceptions where jealousy does not occur appears to be for Romance and non-committed Pleasure sims who meet the personality criteria. In all other cases, at least if I am reading the code correctly, sims who are in love should still get jealous, even if they are not in a form of committed relationship.
Intentional. Sims may still get jealous, but they cannot "catch someone cheating", without a committed relationship. So while someone can be slapped, you can't get knife-in-rings or "be caught cheating" without actual commitment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 September 15, 15:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, syberspunk, that explains it,  Cheesy.
When they went steady neither had a crush nor was in love with the other. While going steady they developed the crush nothing more. So according to your explanation, when I had him cheat on her right in front of her face (and vice versa) neither got jealous because they were not in love. got it. It makes sense sort of, they are at the stage where they like each other alot (crush) but are free to date others. She did cry when he broke off the steady though. hehe.

So what about his sister? She obviously recognized their going steady as committed enough to get pissed when she flirted with another guy.
It's funny actually; the family was more serious about the relationship than the couple, lol.  Smiley

Any ideas on how to make it easier to break up the going steady (if that is all they have) without having to force a fight?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: