More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:18:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  toddlers playing together, why not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: toddlers playing together, why not?  (Read 15637 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: toddlers playing together, why not?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 02, 22:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can definitely play together at the toybox. I've used it and the dollhouse to make them "best Friends".

I've seen individual toddlers play with the toy box autonomously, but for some reason I never thought they could play with the dollhouse.  I'll have to put one in one of my families with toddlers.  I wonder if children and toddlers can play together with it?  I'll have to try that out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 02, 23:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen individual toddlers play with the toy box autonomously, but for some reason I never thought they could play with the dollhouse.  I'll have to put one in one of my families with toddlers.  I wonder if children and toddlers can play together with it?  I'll have to try that out.

Yes, they can.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 02, 23:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke's twins are still at the toddler stage (and she will soon be a pregnant elder - should be an interesting birthday party) - so will give it a go tonight.

Off to the toybox....
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 03, 00:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toybox option does work.  The Broke twins did "socialize" by banging their toys on the ground, muttering "ah ah" repeatedly (they both have learned to speak, so maybe that's twinspeak) and "communicated" about college, skiing,travel, etc. ....which they don't agree on as Brianna had positive signs and Brett negative signs for the most part.  Their relationship scores did increase during the play session. 

I popped a dollhouse into the room and directed them to play with it.  Two toddlers can play with the dollhouse at the same time (and are quite cute doing so) but they don't communicate or socialize - that I could see.  Just chewed on the dolls/furniture or stuck them up their noses. 

I wouldn't do this again as it wastes too much toddler wakeup time;  I tend to focus my todders on skill building with an emphasis on charisma.  Sibling relationships are usually easily developed once they transition into kids. 

I wish they could socialize while skilling and especially wish that toddlers could travel.  Running a day care center would have been a terrific business opportunity.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 03, 02:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sometimes when you direct the two tots (or more) to play with the toys at the same time, they dont always talk to each other, in that case have them both cease and then direct them to play with the toys again. Anyone can get out the toys for the toddlers, but many adults and some teens can be obsessive about cleaning up the toys. If the toddlers can walk they can get the toys out for themselves. I have never tried having them play together without being able to talk and potty so I dont know if the talking skill is a requirement or not.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 03, 04:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the toddlers need to have "learned to talk" before they will get a relationship boost from playing with the dollhouse or toybox.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 03, 04:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have to try it again...  this time making sure that my toddlers have learned to talk.

The whole idea of a day care centre really appeals!  I wonder if you could teleport the toddlers in with an Ingelogical shrub and make it work that way?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 03, 04:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have to make it an aging off or community lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 03, 04:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To stop the toddlers inconveniently aging to child while there?

I'm quite tempted to try this...  but it will need to wait for a few weeks - must finish my reports!
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 03, 07:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toybox thing does work for me, mine chat about money and sports and fashion while chewing on their toys. The dollhouse thing is quite funny as well, since mostly mine like to stick the doll's feet in their mouths and bang things.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 05, 01:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the toddlers need to have "learned to talk" before they will get a relationship boost from playing with the dollhouse or toybox.

I'm pretty sure they need to have learned to talk before they can play with another child (sim in the child stage, that is). Teenagers, adults & elders can play with toddlers, but children can only do it if the toddler's learned to talk.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 05, 02:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have toddlers who have learned to walk and talk, the toybox definately works and kids can join as well.

Apart from the toddlers having to be able to talk to gain social, it seems you have to direct them one at a time to take a toy from the toybox, wait a second or two, cancel it then click a second time to get them to play in a 'group'. (they will move out of the way so the next one will be able to get a toy)

I've occasionally used Inge's shrub to teleport toddler cousins and those of their parents' best friends in because it's stupid that these toddlers wouldn't know each other.
In one neighbourhood, I teleported every toddler in the neighbourhood (20 -give or take) moved them in and turned aging off for a few days, just to see how things would go. (mass toddler training/socialization is so much more efficient)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 05, 22:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can definitely play together at the toybox. I've used it and the dollhouse to make them "best Friends".

I've also seen a kid and a toddler playing together at the dollhouse, with a parent sitting nearby and playing. I am pretty sure they were all playing (the toddler had a doll in her mouth) or the parent was "watching" or whatever they do - and and it was autonomous. But this was a very large and close knit family (8 kids altogether including one set of twins and a younger sibling born ASAP after they were).

I also seem to remember seeing the children in this family, at least, interacting with these toddlers, and the toddlers following some of the children around the way they follow around their mom and dad. But I could be imagining that!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 05, 22:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish toddlers had wants for other people besides their mother or father - it would be nice if the wanted their siblings and or grandparents especially if they live with them also. Toddlers should have social wants like any other sim in my opinion (age appropriate ones obviously)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 05, 22:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, the little rugrats are annoying enough without them being subject to want spam on only 4 slots. The "obsession with people who aren't here" is enough of an annoyance as it is. At least the toddlers are immune to it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 06, 05:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The good thing about toddlers is that if the parents aren't on the lot the wants spin to a generic "be talked to" kind of thing.
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 06, 12:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers can socialize on the rabbit thing too. Only one can get charisma points from it, but the 2nd gets the fun points for it. It also works with kids, teens, and adults. I've had Townies come home from work with my Sims, only to spend the night playing and making friends with the toddler. They usually pass out on the sidewalk at 2 am. Stupid Townies.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 06, 13:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "obsession with people who aren't here" is enough of an annoyance as it is. At least the toddlers are immune to it.

Yea, I saw a weird version of that last night -- old lady Jaquet in Bluewater kept rolling a fear of catching her husband cheating.  Which would be a good trick, since he's dead.  And I still see sims rolling fears of falling out of love with deceased lovers...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: