More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:11:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Perpetual pregnancy redux
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perpetual pregnancy redux  (Read 15371 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Perpetual pregnancy redux
« on: 2006 May 28, 22:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I started having the same problem as Ziggydoodle.  I had a female sim, was pregnant fine, gave birth fine.  I have squinge's breastfeeding mod.  She went to try and nurse the baby and got frozen.  There was an error produced.  It was related to the bf mod.  I deleted her and re-entered the lot to find she was pregnant still.  I got her actually pregnant again and she is back to puking and not showing, but now, no one can bathe the baby!  I did try turning off testingcheats and resetting all with the lot debugger.  When someone goes to change the baby's diaper, they just powder and powder and powder and the hygeine of the baby never changes.  The option to bathe baby at the sink is missing.  I am going to remove squinge's mod and see if that helps, but are things hopelessly broken on this lot?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Perpetual pregnancy redux
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 29, 00:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say possibly yes, although you might be lucky once the mod is removed.  Could it be something to do with another member of the family locking onto the baby with the idea of feeding it a bottle, causing some sort of mix-up?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 29, 03:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dabbling in the non-awesome is inherently asking for trouble. Let this be a lesson for all Dumb Cwieberdink-type People everywhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 29, 03:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

removing the mod did work.  I think it was conflicting with nobabyharrassment.  I knew I was gonna get pounded for having a non-awesome hack.  I would be glad to d/l an awesome version!

C

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 29, 04:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be glad to d/l an awesome version!

C

I second that. Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 29, 08:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Get the Hack conflict detector and USE it before you decide to put any non-awesome hacks into your game!

(Well, you would need to put them in, run the detector, and then, if necessary, take them out again!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 29, 11:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you ZZ, my wrist is appropriately slapped.   Embarrassed

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 29, 12:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, cwieberdink, I was really only offering advice!  And it really is a good program, and only takes a minute to run.  It not only tells you there is a conflict, but it tells you what the conflict is, so if you are a bit more knowledgeable about these things than me, you would be able to decide if the risk was worth taking.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 29, 13:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't upset.  I was joking, actually.  Don't worry about it.   Cheesy

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 30, 14:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was your lot ok when you removed the mod?

Zephyr Zodiac
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 30, 14:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

removing the mod did work.  I think it was conflicting with nobabyharrassment.  I knew I was gonna get pounded for having a non-awesome hack.  I would be glad to d/l an awesome version!

C

Squinge (wich I think IS an awesome guy!), had clearly esplained that the "nursebaby" mod conflicts with the JM's "nobabyharassement".
The better solution I found was to delete the JM's one and leave installed the squinge's one. All works very fine for me.

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 30, 14:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the BF mod with no problems since it first appeared. There are issues with the behaviour and it sounds to me like you panicked when it glitched up. Queuing up actions while nursing seems to cause most of the problems I've seen and most of those were minor resets - mother and baby just become seperated and 'reset' to idle (I refuse to allow males to BF, the idea is just too much for me).

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 30, 16:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was your lot ok when you removed the mod?

Yes, it was!  i'm so glad!

And the baby grew up to be the prettiest in game toddler I've ever had.

I've used the BF mod with no problems since it first appeared. There are issues with the behaviour and it sounds to me like you panicked when it glitched up. Queuing up actions while nursing seems to cause most of the problems I've seen and most of those were minor resets - mother and baby just become seperated and 'reset' to idle (I refuse to allow males to BF, the idea is just too much for me).

You are absolutely right Mirelly, after the whole debacle of losing everything (!) I did panic.  I have since just deleted nobabyharrassment and put the updated bf mod in and it's all working ok.

C

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 31, 16:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem, including the getting stuck at the changing table part.  I thought it was conflicting with the Baby Controller, but either way I took it out.  Although I have always wanted breastfeeding in the game, I didn't like the way it worked.  It would push them into feeding the babies when their hunger bars were full or almost full, which was pointless.  Also, the animations weren't really very convincing.  I would LOVE to see an awesome mod for this though, because I really do want it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 31, 16:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the animations are bad, then that's probably why it was omitted and there's nothing that can be done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 31, 17:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been pondering asking for a version of it with no autonomy. Then again, I keep thinking about making the switch to Macrotastics et al. anyway.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 01, 11:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I worked as a tester for this mod and he finally got this problem fixed. You can now queue up orders, cancel previous orders, etc. The baby never floats in front of mom anymore. Go downloaded the latest one. For some reason he forgot to change the letter at the end of the version number on his last remake, so if you have the version ending in "e" but are still having the animation resets, or any version previous to "e" go redownload. All is well.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 01, 11:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next you'll be wanting pregnant sims to give birth in a hospital bed!  I'm like a certain amount of realism, but since sims are not people, I don't want it to be too realistic!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 01, 11:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next you'll be wanting pregnant sims to give birth in a hospital bed!  I'm like a certain amount of realism, but since sims are not people, I don't want it to be too realistic!

ZZ, the way they do it now is much more realistic for me than a hospital would be! 

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 01, 11:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, just standing there , waving their arms and moaning, and the baby comes floating down from heaven?  That's about as realistic as peeing with your clothes on!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 01, 11:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, just standing there , waving their arms and moaning, and the baby comes floating down from heaven?  That's about as realistic as peeing with your clothes on!

Well, no.  But standing, moaning a bit, at home, nude, in the bathroom is pretty standard.  The baby comes out of somewhere besides Heaven, but since the sims don't have vaginas (unless you get Mathman's vulva) the baby can't come out of there.   Grin

C

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 01, 11:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about we think of it as an upright, active labour?   Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 01, 12:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mine rarely give birth in the bathroom!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 01, 12:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, before TS2 came out they actually said that the Sims would give birth in hospital.  Apparently, an ambulance was going to come and collect them and take them, they would then be there a few days and their family would be able to go visit them and the new baby.  I was really looking forward to that aspect of it, but it never materialised.  Not like Maxis to promise things and then not deliver, is it.  Anyone would think they were politicians.

And most of mine give birth in the bathroom.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 01, 12:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose if you are using macrotastics and particularly the sleepclock and the BC its bound to happen since the moment they wake up they rush to the bathroom even if they don't need to - but I haven't had a sim give birth since installing it and I'd probably unassign the bed or something so it didn't happen!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: