More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:16:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Intense Fire Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Intense Fire Hack  (Read 29331 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Intense Fire Hack
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 02, 01:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I was at school in the 50's, we worked in base 4 (farthings in a penny) base 2 (halfpennies in a penny), base 12 (pennies in a shilling, base 20, base 14 base 16 and goodness knows how many more, plus all the metric measure at every level, not just one or two - by the time we left primary school - and now kids can't tell you how much 17p + 14P is without a calculator!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 04, 19:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to let everyone know,  Sims2workshop.com is back up and running ok now.

Zephyr Zodiac
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 04, 20:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this...

Tried it and loved it...One sim family never saw it coming, nor did I. I forgot to install a fire alarm and a phone after a family just moved into a house. They brought a broken dishwasher with them from another house and needless to say...Both adult sims survived the crisis, but not by very much! I never saw fire move so fast!!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 04, 20:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not for the fainthearted or those with a weak heart, then!  It was bad enough when Angela Pleasant nearly incinerated her entire family as well as a couple of visitors when whe had an "accident" with the crepes suzettes!  (Needless to say, she didn't survive!)

Zephyr Zodiac
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 04, 21:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol...I was so upset because the family I was playing with was one of my favorites, but I am a just "god" and do not give second chances. Luckily when the second adult caught fire the actual fire was going out and for some reason she went out too. Then she was able to plead to grimmy!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 04, 21:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this...

Ooh..thanks, witch! That's the one. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 04, 21:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you needed the fire alarm alone, you needed the extinguisher!

Zephyr Zodiac
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 04, 23:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you needed the fire alarm alone, you needed the extinguisher!

No, that's how they caught fire! I tried to make them extinguish it while it was dying down and poof!, they both went up in flames. I would have had them call the fire department, but I forgot to give them a phone. The only thing I could do is wait for the fire to burn out. And let me tell you, OPEN FLOOR PLAN + BAD ASS FIRE + NO ALARM OR PHONE = TOTAL DESTRUCTION

That poor family had just come into some inheritance, but now they can't even afford a fridge. I have yet to move them back into a starter home. I think I'll do that now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 04, 23:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I meant the Uni extinguisher that you put over the stove.

Zephyr Zodiac
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 04, 23:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...Interesting. What is this and where do I find it?  Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 04, 23:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's somewhere in the miscellaneous/miscellaneous, I think.

Zephyr Zodiac
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 04, 23:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it should be under small appliances ? if you have uni installed. Or you may try plumbing or misc. Okay, I'm useless. I never use it, myself. I'm happy with the smoke alarm.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 04, 23:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The interesting thing is, if you have both, the fire-engine still arrives, but the fireman doesn't usually rush in, but you don't get fined like you do if you adjust/visitors on the burglar and he's gone before the cop arrives!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 05, 00:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an overhead sprinkler, and it's under Misc/Misc, I think about $200. I never use both the sprinkler and the alarm, just use one or the other depending on what I want to happen in that house if there's a fire.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 05, 00:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like alot of fun, I shall have to try it  Grin I have never used the sprinklers either so I'll have to try them. I just love Dr Pixels fern recolor of the fire alarm (at TSR) and have it in every house. I could use more variety in the fire alarms, there used to be some nice paintings in TS1 that you could have over the fireplace. You really don't want that ugly alarm in your nice living room.

Glad to see the 403 error wasn't just happening to me, I thought I must have done something very wrong! And as I'm not registered at that site I was at a loss to imagine what it was  Cheesy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 05, 00:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all here - I'd forgotten about the hack - had to dig it up from the archives, so I'll be putting it back in the game too. Smiley

I'm going to remove the file from my post here, if Sims2workshop.com is up and working, then I don't think it's right to leave it here. (Yep, the link works for me.) You can hopefully get the bad-ass fire from Carrigon at her site, haven't looked through the hacks lately, must do.

cheers
witch

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 05, 00:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Witch Smiley

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 05, 02:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Needless to say, I have never used it...well, with this hack installed I might just have to start in order to give my little simmies a fighting chance. I'm worried that the fireman will get consumed too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 05, 04:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think the hack is there among all her others.

Tolli has a nice fire alarm clock in the first of his kitchens at Sim Gedoehns, but I'm not sure if it's in the free or the donation part.  I don't actually mind the fire alarms so much, with Moveobjects on you can put alight pretty close to it so it gets hidden a bit.  It's the burglar alarms that are so really ugly!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 05, 13:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think the hack is there among all her others.

Tolli has a nice fire alarm clock in the first of his kitchens at Sim Gedoehns, but I'm not sure if it's in the free or the donation part.  I don't actually mind the fire alarms so much, with Moveobjects on you can put alight pretty close to it so it gets hidden a bit.  It's the burglar alarms that are so really ugly!

Yea, I usually try to hide the burglar alarms behind a bookcase or tall plant or something.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 05, 13:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually just put them close to the door, where I'm unlikely to ever see them anyway. The fire alarm, burglar alarm, and sprinkler all look exactly the way I expect the real things to look, so I don't see what Maxis should have done to make them "prettier". It's only a problem for decor where a modern version would be anachronistic.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 05, 13:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I'd like to see with the fire alarms is to make them ceiling-mountable.  I can't recall the last time I was in a RL house where they had the thing on the wall.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 05, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several decorative fire alarms around that go well in a period setting, but mostly I just use recolours which blend a little better with the wall.  Since my burglars are unable to burgle, I only put burglar alarms in to keep my sims happy!

I think what are on the ceiling are smoke detectors, which don't connect to a fire station, just sound an alarm to wake the inhabitants up so they can call the fire brigade and get out in time!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 05, 13:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what are on the ceiling are smoke detectors, which don't connect to a fire station, just sound an alarm to wake the inhabitants up so they can call the fire brigade and get out in time!

Which is probably all that 90% of the folks here in the US who have any kind of fire alarm actually have.  But even so; my parents got a house-wide fire/burglar alarm system back in the 60's when we were kids, and the fire detectors were little silver rectangular boxes that were ceiling mounted.  Our neighbors also have a whole house fire/burglar alarm that they had installed about 5-6 years ago, and all their fire detectors are on the ceiling too.  Wall mounts are only for anyone too lazy to get out the step stool to reach the ceiling. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 05, 15:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it makes sense for sims to have them on the wall, otherwise they'd be hard to spot - as it is I always forget most of the Maxis houses don't have them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: