More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:28:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mitch is bugged and buggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mitch is bugged and buggy  (Read 22744 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Mitch is bugged and buggy
« on: 2006 May 28, 21:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved in a playable Uni Sim in with my Sim, and his college meter won't go any higher than the first level, even though he's got all required skills.

I couldn't see why it was like this, so I used the twojeffs college adjuster and maxed out his meter.  I figured it didn't matter anyway, since I wasn't going to send him to his final exam until Bianca was ready and maxed, and I always use the College Rampage to max them out.

This pic was taken after I maxed his meter with the adjuster, and I did check and it was maxed, but next time I looked, it was back like this.  Any ideas how to fix this?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Mitch is bugged and buggy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is exactly what happened to me on several occasions with the Brights, particularly Jane Stacks.  In the end, even with the adjuster bumping them up to 4.0 every semester, I still had to cheat on their final grade to make them graduate Summa cum Laude!  (And they worked ten times as hard as Stella Sterling, a pleasure sim, who got her cum Laude with absolutely no problem at all!

I tend now to think that Maxis has deliberately tampered with some of these sims to make this happen, as I moved the Brights to a new house, but nothing worked.  As soon as they moved back to Pleasantview, they seemed to get jobs and promotions without any trouble, though.

I got really mad about the whole thing, I don't like cheating per se, but when Maxis cheats, I feel no compunction at cheating too!

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 29, 00:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a fixed executable ("no cd") perhaps? This seems to be caused by at least one of those files. However some have reported it with the original exe as well (I had it with both a nocd and the original exe + OFB CD in the drive).
Now that I'm using a mini-image to play FFS the bug has gone.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 29, 00:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing it a Daemon tools thingie (dunno anything about fixed executable though - it's an image of my disk).

Anyway, I am getting so frustrated with it - the application has crashed numerous times now, always when I try to use the College Adjuster on him.  I'm going to re-download it, but I wonder if that's the problem - I'm not getting an error report.

Anyway, I've played them through semesters upon semesters now, I figure they would have been Seniors on the verge of graduation now, so I'm just going to cheat them to finish and let them go home.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 29, 00:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't blame you, Blue!  And I got the problem and I don't play without the CD!  But at least the college Adjuster never crashed the game!  funnily enough, though, when I played Mitch (in at least two games) he never had that problem, so it must be an error that affects different Maxis Uni sims for different people!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 29, 01:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I use TJs adjuster to max skills enough so that what they need is covered to get the bar full its ok until my sim goes to take a finals then even if they should have more than enough skills it does the same thing.

ISFJ
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 29, 01:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it keeps happening - every time I press Shift-Click on the College Adjuster, and adjust his class performance meter, the game crashes.  If I use it on her, it's fine.   Undecided
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 29, 01:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened to me when I moved George McCarthy's dormie girlfriend in with him and used the college adjuster to make her the same age; her meter never showed the proper level except for when she was at the SS lot. She graduated Summa Cum Laude while in the red, so I wouldn't worry about it  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 29, 01:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what to suggest.  Have you tried moving them to another lot?

I think I've only once played La Tour with Pleasantview once, the first time after I installed Uni, and had endless problems, but I never played Mitch then.  The times I have played him, he's been fine, but I haven't been playing Pleasantview.

And sadiebutterfly, when I had the problems with the Brights, they've never, ever graduated summa cum laude except with the help of the adjuster.

I think the main problem may be that Mitch is linked by Maxis to (can't remember her name offhand) the female knowledge sim who lives alone.  You've broken the link and something else got broken too.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 29, 01:19:18 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 29, 01:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had similar issues and I don't use a nocd with the Sims. Once with a Uni student I moved into a Sorority and a couple of times with Uni CAS sims. It's annoying not to be able to see the accurate meter unless I'd take the sim to a community lot but a couple of assignments, the term paper and attend the class at least one ensures a good grade. TJ's college adjuster worked great for me too if I wanted to graduate them quickly. All of my YA's with this problem graduated fine with at least a 3.5 GPA.

But I'm a little confused on Shift-Clicking on the college adjuster Blue. The one I have all I have to do is click on it (no shift) select Semeter and pick the grade level. Am I dense and missing a new awesome version? Or something I've been completely blind to all along? I wouldn't be surprised, I am rather scattered at times.

I second Zephyr's suggestion that you try moving them to another lot if you haven't already tried that. Or maybe try having Mitch go to his final from a community lot. You could try the longer (and more annoying I'm sure) plan of having him do a few assignments, the term paper, go to class then use Pescado's College Clock to see if you can get Mitch to even go to his final.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 29, 01:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I'm a little confused on Shift-Clicking on the college adjuster Blue. The one I have all I have to do is click on it (no shift) select Semeter and pick the grade level. Am I dense and missing a new awesome version? Or something I've been completely blind to all along? I wouldn't be surprised, I am rather scattered at times.

You can do that, or if you Shift-click on it, there is a Set College meter option.

I'm going to try moving them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 29, 01:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good Luck, Blue!  Hope it works!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 29, 01:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I seem to have fixed it somehow.  First I set their college meters to 0 hours remaining in SimPE, then moved them to a dorm and instead of using the debug mode of the College Adjuster, I set their semester grades to A+, and they went to their finals and graduated and everything.  I still don't know what happened and why it broke, but at least they've graduated and can go home and wait for her parents to die and leave her all their money.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 29, 01:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like Mitch has fallen on his feet!  I'm glad you managed to sort it out!

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 29, 02:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I'm relieved that it's now worked out.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 29, 02:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's so sad when they work really hard (although I'd be surprised if Mitch did!) and then something happens to spoil it for them!  Like in the old days before TJ made his first final exam fix, and you'd send them off all bright eyed and bushy tailed for their exam, and they'd come straight back again without taking the exam at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 29, 04:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue - I've had that happen to some of my sims and I wasn't using the college adjustor (or any other hacks). I made sure they completed their term paper and at least 1 assignment and went to the final exam and they did ok. 
Eventually the lot became so bugged I had to move them all out as it crashed my game. 

btw Mitch is happily married to my youngest *daughter*, they are now elders, have 3 children at college (well the twins just graduated but haven't had their party yet) the youngest is a teen and he is about to achieve his LTW of being a Hall of Famer!  There was a glitch when he cheated on her with her sister-in-law.  He is still a slob though and the boys take after him!

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 29, 08:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the youngest is a teen and he is about to achieve his LTW of being a Hall of Famer!

I read that wrong!  Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 04, 20:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me with all sims I put in Uni.
The problem for me started either with the ofbpatch or with ffs.

Dang
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 04, 20:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found the answer a couple of days ago.   You'll find it in the thread "I think I know why!"  the ones I had the problem with were the Brights from SimState, and I've always had the problem, so it was bugging me like crazy!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4467.0
« Last Edit: 2006 June 04, 20:29:36 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 04, 21:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both the OFB patch and FFS and I'm not having any issues with pre made uni sims and stuck grade bars.  I am using LFT, I don't know if that makes a difference, I suspect that the sims with issues come from sim state?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 04, 21:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Mitch Indie didn't, and Blue Soup had awful problems with him.  The college adjuster helps, but only if you first check for errors in SimPE and correct them.  ie no sim who has not passed his first semester should have a GPA token in his memories, but sometimes they do, plus a grade of 0.0 instead of a blank.  You have to put these right, or the sim in question will never reach a GPA of 4.0 no matter how hard you make them work.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 04, 21:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What uni does Mitch come from?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 04, 21:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Academie Le Tour.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 04, 21:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to my own sims too, not just the premade.

Dang
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: