More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 07:27:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dormie controller?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dormie controller?  (Read 3627 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Dormie controller?
« on: 2006 May 28, 20:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a hack that makes University dormies actually take care of their basic needs? I'm tired of dormies who pass out all over the place, pee in the street, and go into "fun" desperation when there are plenty of fun items on the lot for them to play with. Even some kind of hack making all their basic needs besides fun and social stay at 2/3 full at all times or something would be great.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Dormie controller?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 20:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds as if you have nouniprotect in.  The idea of that hack is that your dormies are no longer invulnerable.  If you have it (Pescado hack) try taking it out and you should be ok again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 28, 21:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used it, and never had dormies with problems like that!  Sometimes I wished.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 28, 21:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually quite like nouniprotect now!  It took a while to get used to, initially I took it out after a short time playing with it - I got sick of the dormies sleeping in my sims beds!

Once I'd taken it out, I decided I liked it so put it back in...  I just wish I could completely solve the problem of dormies trying to sleep in my sims beds - bed nazi doesn't seem to work in this case, but it's a little better if I leave graduated sims on the sleep clock so there is always settings for two people remembered.

The only fool-proof method of keeping dormies out of beds is to lock all the doors, but that's not something I want to resort to doing!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 28, 21:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always do!  I think it's a habit I got into before I had the savethetrees hack, and my poor students kept getting their money trees robbed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 28, 21:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using a small dorm - the 9 room, 1 level dorm...  I usually have it stuffed full of my sims (all at different stages so there is a constant stream in and out), so there is usually no more than 3 dormies at any one stage.  Due to the space shortage I've had to put computers in most of the bedrooms - I don't want to lock my other playables out!

I've asked JM numerous times to look into bed nazi there, but I've had no response - it works great on home lots, but doesn't seem to function so well in dorms.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 28, 22:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ever use the 5 room dorm these days, and I fill it up straight away with playables, so dormies don't stand a chance!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 29, 01:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn I didn't have that hack. How did that get in there? Oops Roll Eyes.

I didn't notice this as being different, because I didn't know Nightlife made dormies invulnerable in the first place. They just seemed to be behaving the way they always had in University. Heh.

I've tried filling a dorm with lots of playables, but I get really bored with that many playable Sims in a dorm. Also, I do like the concept of dormies; it's the execution that's severely lacking.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 29, 01:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first played Uni, my sims had phonebooks full of dormies and mascots etc. that they would never meet again!.  If they could only be removed from the phonebook if your sim hasn't spoken to them in a sim week, I wouldn't mind!  But once in, always in until they die!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 29, 01:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first played Uni, my sims had phonebooks full of dormies and mascots etc. that they would never meet again!.  If they could only be removed from the phonebook if your sim hasn't spoken to them in a sim week, I wouldn't mind!  But once in, always in until they die!

Monique at MTS2 has a hack that should take care of that, if I recall correctly. Haven't played with it yet. It's the one that lets you remove Sims from your relationships panel, which I think says it also removes them from your phone book.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 29, 01:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might give that a go, it sounds a lot less bother than closing the game and editing in simPE!

Wonder if she'll come up with something that will remove all the new OFB hats from the front of the hair menu and stick them at the end with the other hats?  And really, you might want your toy shop assistants to dress up in a funny costume, but would you want it in your wardrobe?  I digress.....

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 29, 02:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've asked JM numerous times to look into bed nazi there, but I've had no response - it works great on home lots, but doesn't seem to function so well in dorms.
Doesn't work in dorms? I'll look into it. One thing that might occur is that the bed is too close to the door, so the clock doesn't get enough time to detect the intruder. That, or it's running user-priority for some reason. Next time you see a dormie headed for a bed, force an error and attach the log.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 29, 02:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might give that a go, it sounds a lot less bother than closing the game and editing in simPE!

Wonder if she'll come up with something that will remove all the new OFB hats from the front of the hair menu and stick them at the end with the other hats?  And really, you might want your toy shop assistants to dress up in a funny costume, but would you want it in your wardrobe?  I digress.....

You could check this out instead: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145819

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 29, 02:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that looks like just what I had in mind!  I'll try it out when I finsih playing and close my game!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: