More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:26:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ummm...are these the best she can do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ummm...are these the best she can do?  (Read 29674 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Ummm...are these the best she can do?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 28, 17:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one with blue hair....his name was something really funky in my game, can't remember it now. I'm not sure if he just appears in ALT. I tend to use the SSU template for my uni and I haven't seen him there.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 28, 17:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't even recognise him, but if he's a dormie that probably explains it, I don't look very closely at them most of the time!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 28, 17:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one, Emma?  Edward Elric?

*giggles* Unless that's just a happy coincidence of random naming, I'm pretty sure that the abovementioned Edward Elric is a CAS, because that's the name of an anime character.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 28, 17:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's mostly down to the vieing anngle, I think!  Have you noticed if you buy a sim some new clothes and change their appearance, when their head in the menu bar turns to face a different way, they can look very different, sometimes far better, and sometimes for worse - and all you've done is given them a different blush!
The next lot debugger and clothing tool will let you regenerate a sim's portraiture, so you can flip through their poses for portraiture.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 28, 17:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, now that's a REALLY neat idea!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 28, 17:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter changes the sims appearance until she gets a portrait pose she likes Cheesy I don't care how they are posed.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 28, 18:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying, though, when a previously intelligent-looking sim (for a sim) looks like a real wally just because you've changed his eye-liner!

Zephyr Zodiac
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 28, 18:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 isn't actually half bad, considering that he's a townie.  Then again, I don't hate townie looks as much as most people.  Then again, I nuked said townies because I just plain don't like townies.

If I remember correctly, pretty much anything is illegal in a Legacy challenge except for using Elixirs of Life.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 28, 18:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, get a sim in platinum and they can live forever then!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 28, 18:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter changes the sims appearance until she gets a portrait pose she likes Cheesy I don't care how they are posed.
Well, I have an easier posing facility to be made available soon. Instant-pose-switch, instead of the lengthy "game freezes, mirror dialog interrupts everything, sim claps at mirror and ugly pose results". Real helpful with vampires, where some sims just look HORRIBLE in certain poses.

Plus with some sims, certain poses result in them glaring balefully or grimacing menacingly. A very nice pose.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 28, 18:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, the Legacy challenge isn't quite that strict.  I even got the OK from Pinstar to use Macrotastics!  Anyway, I sent her off to a community lot (a butt-ugly one) and she met and started chatting up a cutie, so that's who I am going to shanghai to take back home with her.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 28, 18:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, please buy a lamp post!

(Hey, you can see the face clearly when you reply, but on the actual page it's very dark.  Strange!)

Hope she's turned on by beards and glasses!

Zephyr Zodiac
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 28, 18:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooooo he's a keeper Blue!  Your sim is gorgeous by the way Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 28, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He reminds me of someone!  Can't think who, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 28, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, please buy a lamp post!

(Hey, you can see the face clearly when you reply, but on the actual page it's very dark.  Strange!)

Hope she's turned on by beards and glasses!

Nah, I realized it was really dark, so I moved him and took another one lol.  She's turned on by black hair and fitness, I think.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 28, 18:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just make sure he works out then!  You must have changed the pic just as I went into Reply mode!  I thought it was odd the pic suddenly improved like that!  By the way, how exactly do you upload a pic here?  Do you have to rename them or something?

And I think I've found who he reminds me of.  Search your game for:

snapshot_00000006_aecf5b56

and tell me they arent't related!
« Last Edit: 2006 May 28, 18:45:20 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 28, 18:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you have to use a photo hosting site, like www.photobucket.com and then link the IMG tag line (found under the picture).

Also, they're now engaged!

But I have a question for the Uni-ignorant.  I made him selectable for a minute to see what his stats were, and it says he's a Freshman.  How do I make sure he graduates?  Can she go back to the dorm and ask him to move in?  Or do I have to move her to a private house and then ask?  I've never played Greek or Secret Society houses, so I also have no idea how they work either.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 28, 18:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When she graduates and moves to a residential lot that isn't connected to the University, Move In/Marry the Uni Sim.  He'll go through the YA -> A transition, but he'll be listed as dropping out.  If you want to graduate him, you're going to have to move him into a University Residential lot by using Propose.../Move In and play him through.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 May 28, 18:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup, he's a cutie ( for maxis anyhow! lol)

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 28, 18:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm excited about being able to change the poses more easily because I'm one of those people who will keep "changing appearance" until I get one that doesn't look right up the guy's nose or make the girl look like a monkey.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 28, 19:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how long we have to keep staring at them it's only reasonable to have something acceptable to look at!

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 28, 19:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make them selectable, and use TJ's college thing (the phone books) and finish each semester at the same time as my legacy sim (probably against the rules, but I don't like having dropouts)
then, after they graduate, I move them out first, into the simbin, then I move my legacy sim out, and have them move into the legacy house together, then I have them get married
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 28, 19:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my sims start living together while they're still at Uni.  Ricky Cormier has just moved back to Pleasantview, and he's waiting for Lucy Burb to join him ( I decided Lucy Cormier sound a whole lot better than Ricky Burb!) - he changed his aspiration to Popularity through normal Uni channels, and now they have three bolts, and she doesn't seem to mind that he's a slob!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 28, 19:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look people, if we look beyond Mr Number 3 blue hair and his awful expression here, I thought he have pretty nice features compared to Mr Number 1 and Mr Number 2.
Nothing too drastic. Mr Number 1 have big nose and Mr Number 2 have a big mouth.

If you ask me, Mr Number 1 is cowplant food. Look at his nose. Do you want kids with that nose?!!  Cry

Number three's eyes are so far apart, they're about to fall off his head. I've had experience with big-nose Sim genetics, and they can be overcome. And actually, as Sim male noses go, neither one nor two are that bad. #4 is definitely the winner though.

For dormies, I force semester parity with twojeffs' phonebook, and move them into a separate lot after graduating. Then my Sim calls them to move in. If you do have a Greek House, you can ask the guy to move in after he's a full member, and he'll become playable.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 28, 19:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, the Legacy challenge isn't quite that strict.  I even got the OK from Pinstar to use Macrotastics!  Anyway, I sent her off to a community lot (a butt-ugly one) and she met and started chatting up a cutie, so that's who I am going to shanghai to take back home with her.

Wow he's cute. Definitely a keeper. But do my eyes deceive me or is he the spitting image of Mitch Indie?  Undecided I think Mitch is a playable sim that lives with roomie Max Flexor at Academie LeTour in one of the student houses. Or I've got their names reversed, I can never remember which one is which. It's been a while since I played my neighborhood with that college.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: