More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:11:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For Those Interested: Soccer Sims Stuff@ TS2.com
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Those Interested: Soccer Sims Stuff@ TS2.com  (Read 11103 times)
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
For Those Interested: Soccer Sims Stuff@ TS2.com
« on: 2006 May 26, 13:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Football/Soccer Themed Items are up on the exchange.  It is a "flag" and an "outfit"

Game Day Guidon

Ultimate Soccer Kit

While it is nice that EA is doing something aimed at the European & South American Simmers, these downloads are not quite the "Add-On" pack that Snooty Sims was going on and on about.  Also Snooty Sims went through the trouble of linking to the Swedish TS2 site..where you had to register an account to download.  Why they did this when the items are on the Exchange I have no idea. :p

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: For Those Interested: Soccer Sims Stuff@ TS2.com
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 26, 13:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the banner, but at least from the pictures Snooty has, the textures on those uniforms are sloppy and look like crap Tongue Maybe it'll look better in game.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 26, 14:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's because they heard it was going to be on the german site, but didn't bother to look on the US one.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 26, 14:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that back in TS1, the new object of the month tended to have some kind of interesting function, but that in TS2, all of the objects are useless, either being entirely devoid of any function at all, or being an obvious clone of an existing object?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 26, 14:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis objects are useless! What's the point of this? My sims can't PLAY soccer!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 26, 14:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that back in TS1, the new object of the month tended to have some kind of interesting function, but that in TS2, all of the objects are useless, either being entirely devoid of any function at all, or being an obvious clone of an existing object?

For once, JM, I'm totally in agreement with you - there was some really cool stuff came with Sims1, and it didn't have to be installed with a SimsInstaller!  Also, the stuff was related to certain EPs, which you had to have for them to work, but it always added something to the game when you put them in.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 26, 15:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that as time has gone on EA has taken tighter and tighter control over the Maxis games.
EA is not going to leave any money on the table, and not give away anything for free that they can make any sort of money on.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 26, 15:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sell their own grandma fer tuppence!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 26, 15:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well who wouldn't sell their grandma for tuppence?

For Two Tuppence I might throw in a grandfather also  Tongue

www.thesporum.net
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 26, 15:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 26, 15:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*rofl* I like that and I couldn't agree more Wink

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 26, 17:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the hell is a flag and a football kit an 'add-on'? What crap is that? And yeah, wtf deal. TS1 downloads were totally useful, like the love bed and the stray away sign and what not. And for TS2 all we get are crap ass topiaries and decorative junk, which you can easily find much nicer looking things, probably even on the exchange itself. Roll Eyes

Ugh. Mothafuckinmoneygrubbingreedygreedybastards!!! Bleh. And then they have the nerve to charge us for cloned crap in the form of these shopping packs. Well... at least the Holiday Pack added some actual new stuff, even if it was buggy. I still haven't installed FFS yet. I wonder if I should when the next EP comes out. I wonder if you have to install FFS first before the new EP? Probably. Well... hopefully by then, they'll have patched it all. I wonder if the next EP will have the FFS stuff 'hidden' it it as well, and you would just unlock it the way Pescado says you can unlock stuff from other EPs that you may not necessarily have installed. If that's the case...  Lips sealed why buy those damned things in the first place...

Ste

holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 26, 18:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they used to include crap like this in the next ep for ts1 if i remember correctly . i dont think they even do that anymore
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 26, 18:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And most of the darn topiaries were part of Livin' Large - the Mashugas had a garden full of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 26, 23:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this one line from the banner description says all there is to be said:

"...all traditions surrounding the guidon have been pushed aside in favor of a brilliant money-making scheme."
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 26, 23:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 27, 00:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm disappointed that TS1 had a Pepsi Vending Machine but there is no vending machine at all in TS2.  Heck, that would be another way to make money, stick a vending machine in the middle of the street and have passers by pay a dollar.  Also, where's the McDonalds?  If they can have Cingular Wireless in Need for Speed Underground 2, they can put things like that into TS2.  Then people complain that they're "merchandising".  I believe it's better than what we're getting now.

I believe it's odd that some things for TS1 required Double Deluxe, and yet even if you had both LL and HP you couldn't get it.  They're pretty much what DD included after all.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 27, 01:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There wasn't anything that required Double Deluxe -- even the special new objects for DD were downloadable free from the website for everyone. The original Deluxe edition was the one that came with a small amount of new content that was never offered anywhere else (which garnered enough complaints that it's probably the reason why they made the DD stuff free for everyone), and everything I can remember that was Deluxe-only was, like, new bathroom objects that did the same stuff as the old bathroom objects, they just had new bases and graphics; you could even make, say, a base game compatible toilet that looked just like the Deluxe toilet by copying the graphics from the Deluxe toilet onto a toilet base object from the original game. (I had some kind person clone a Vacation ceiling lamp that I liked for me once by that method, since I had no interest in Vacation at the time. Worked like a charm. I probably still have the file somewhere.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 27, 01:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was probably Deluxe then, I swear that this was the only reason that some of these chairs didn't show up in the game.  I completely forgot about the fact that they gave out the DD objects for free.  They weren't anything that special anyway, if I remember right.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 27, 02:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hideous soccer outfit and a hideous flag. I could do better texturing than that, and I'm not above average in the texturing department. Yuck. Sims playing soccer would be cool, but that is just total crap.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 27, 03:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of shit is that?

That's like stuff you see on other download sites...and just think why the hell woud you even bother.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 27, 07:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first heard about this, I thought there was going to be animation involved. I really have to learn to expect the smallest bit of effort, that way I won't be pissed at the crap they try and pawn off on us.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 27, 13:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even a rattle and something to blow down and make a loud noise (and give fun to your sims) would have been worth having, but as it is, the only thing it seems that can be imitated about a soccer crowd is the furious bits!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 27, 14:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't even really sport-factionalism in the game, anyway. Sims casually watch and discuss their sports with none of the fervor that led to the greatest sports riot in history: The Nika Riots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 27, 15:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the only sport-related fights are with the cow mascots - and it's usually over something else, like the cow mascot teasing or pranking etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: