More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:31:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have mean sims! What did I do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have mean sims! What did I do?  (Read 14448 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
I have mean sims! What did I do?
« on: 2006 May 26, 02:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started a new neighborhood and decided to make my couples YAs and send them to college so they would get the chance to build skills and court their future spouses.  So when I made them in CAS, I used the charts for aspiration and astrological compatibilities and gave them turn-ons specifically so they would be attracted to the one I had them paired to.

Worked great, they all naturally gravitated toward the sim I wanted them to be with.  One couple can't keep their hands off each other!

So why is it that they all feel the need to use the toilet when their significant other is in the shower?  I just had one sim guy go into the bathroom while his girlfriend was in the shower, and all he did was flush the toilet while looking at the shower!  His girlfriend jumped out, lectured (yelled at) him, and he turned around and started chatting with her.

Another one I just happened to catch before he went in.  He had just used the toilet and went back into his dorm room, which was next to the bathroom, to play on his computer.  His girlfriend went into the same bathroom and got in the shower.  He immediately got up from the chair and started to head out his dorm door, so I checked to see what he had in his queue, and sure enough, he was going to use the toilet - and his bladder bar was almost full green!  Any other time, he wouldn't even think about using the facilities until he was nearly in distress!

Now if a sim gets in the shower when his/her significant other is using the toilet, I figure they get what they deserve for being stupid enough to shower when the toilet is bound to be flushed while they're in there.  But why are these sims purposely(?) flushing on a showering sim?  I have several couples, and they are ALL doing it!

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  What did I do to create these monsters?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I have mean sims! What did I do?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 26, 02:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need the bathroom controller.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 26, 02:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never used the bathroom controller and I've never seen sims do this before.  I'm currently rotating among 6 'hoods, and this is the only one I'm seeing this in.

And this is the first time I created YAs and purposely made them so they'd be attracted to specific others.

So I figured there must have been something I triggered when I did this.  They have been doing this since their relationships hit the love level with their future sposes. 

I haven't added any new hacks, either.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 26, 02:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because the bathroom won't privacy-lock if the sims are in love with each other. Plus they're stupid, and you need Bathroom Uses You to control the access.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 26, 02:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I may give it a try.  But why only these sims?  I have never seen this happen before in a year and a half of playing and over the course of several 'hoods, so is there something I did that I should avoid?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 26, 02:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard people say that since NL introduced chemistry, sim couples with three bolts will follow each other around, even to the bathroom.  I've never witnessed this though, because I've always used BUY.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 26, 03:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have some in other 'hoods that follow each other around like puppy dogs beacuse they have three bolts, but I've never seen them do this before, either.  And I have UNI, NL and OFB, but neither of the "extras" packs.  I just found this extremely odd that they're doing this in this 'hood, and ONLY this one.

I just put a cpoy of the BUY in my hacks folder (I have all the dir. cut hacks in a folder outside of my game folder and only put them in as I feel I need them.)  I'll see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 26, 03:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to install it, it's not a hack that does anything if you don't put it in your game, it's a self-contained object, like other forms of CC, only it actually DOES SOMETHING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 26, 05:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason he flushed the toilet was because he didn't want to use it, so flushing it was all he could think of to do so he could be in the same vicinity as his beloved.  Mine do it too, although nowhere near as much since I installed a mod that lets adults check themselves out in the mirror, now they mainly do that instead.  Plus both my active dorms have showers in separate rooms, so they're rarely used, most of the Sims use the baths instead.

I tend to have very full bathrooms, because whenever one half of a couple goes to the toilet or takes a bath, the other half of the couple will follow them and do the same.  Then they all get stuck in there having pillow-fights or whatever and the poor dormies can't make it to the toilets because everyone is standing in front of them, not to mention the fact that my Sims sometimes can't get out because one of said dormies has fallen asleep on the floor in front of the door (usually in the middle of a pool of wee-wee) due to becoming exhausted as a result of all the vain attempts to get to the toilet.

I do sometimes pop the bathroom controller in, but quite frankly it's funnier without it and when it's in the dormies don't tend to have their little accidents, which is no good at all.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 26, 13:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also get the urge to clean the bath/shower/toilet while their beloved is using it, and stand in front of it so the bather/pee-er is stuck and can't move!  Only thing to do is to queue them to do something else while their partner is in the shower.  As for the flushing - I've had it happen ever since the base game, and the only solution to that is no showers, just baths!

Zephyr Zodiac
DarkEmpress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 26, 14:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see nothing wrong with the situation. I find it rather amusing when they flush the toilet when they know there's someone in the shower. Sometimes, I make them do it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 26, 14:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you like to be scalded?  Sims obviously don't!

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 26, 16:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another possible solution it to use communal showers. They don't have the flush/scald reaction.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 26, 16:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they don't get your sims very clean!  I like the abala bathroom from Mangosims and the ones from sunair, but they use the communal shower, so I usually us the baths as son as my sims can afford them!

Zephyr Zodiac
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 26, 16:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Maxis used my RL YA son as a model for the YA Sims.  

Just to add that I use the bathroom controller even on dorm lots and it works great.  Did you hover your mouse over the 2nd toilet in his que?  Could he have wanted to clean it not use it?  I've seen mine do that.  Of course that would NOT follow my theory listed above  Cheesy

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 26, 20:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first sim, who just went in and flushed, he had about half his bladder meter (in the yellow) so I figured he was going in to use the toilet.  His girlfriend was almost done with her shower and I thought she would be out before he was done.  It really surprised me when all he did was walk in and flush the throne!  And I checked the toilet - it didn't come up with a "clean" option for him, so he must not have thought it was dirty.  What I thought was funny was that he was staring at the shower the whole time, like he did it on purpose, just to get her out so he could talk to her!

The second guy had only one item in his queue, and that was to use the toilet.  I made him go do something else because he has done this before.  I just happened to catch him before he got in there this time.

These aren't the only two couples I have in this 'hood, but they are the only two guys who do this.  I think all my couples have 3 LBs for each other.  I may have to see what astro signs I gave them; that may be why they "shower flush" and the others don't.  And other 'hoods with 3 LB couples haven't done this to this extent.  Yes, I've had them flush a showering sim out, but not like these guys do.  The other sims are usually in bladder need at the time and use the facility.  These two guys are just plain mean!

JM - by install, do you mean I have to buy one, like the lot debugger, and put it where I want it?  Or is there something else?  I did a quick scan of the RTFM in the BUY controller thread last night, but I didn't have a lot of time, so I'll look at it again.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 26, 20:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you have the Bathroom Uses You package in your hacks folder, you will find either in bathroom/misc, misc/misc or decorative/misc, a little roll of toilet paper with the hammer and sickle motif.  You buy one of these and stick it in your bathroom.  You can then configure it.  If you have two bathrooms, you can configure one to reject males and one to reject females, or you can have one to reject visitors.  There are quite a few option.  And if you click on "Be used" for a sim, they will go to the loo and have ashower if they need to.  Also, if the loo is clogged, they will unclog it automatically.  It's definitely worth your while investigating - I took some convincing, but now, on some lots, I wouldn't be without it!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 26, 20:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I just took a quick look and found it, but didn't take the time to put any in this dorm yet as I'm done with this hood for this time around - this dorm is the last one in line to be played, and they've just completed their junior year.

I took a look at the astrological signs for these two and the only thing they have in common in their characteristics is that they both have 3 in serious/playful.  They're different signs, different aspirations.

I may try the BUY in one of my houses in another hood just to see how it works.  If I think it will work on these two guys, I'll put one in each bathroom.  I'm just using one of the Maxis dorms (6 rooms) which I've been using in other colleges without any problem, and I don't make any changes to the layout because I figure they should just have to live with what they have, dammit!

I was using the noeatcrap but I just took it out for awhile because none of my sims were getting fat, and I like the variety.  Some lazy sims just DESERVE to be fat! 

So I may try this for awhile and see if I like it, if I decide I don't need it I may take it out again.  I know, I can leave it in and not use it, but I don't like to have a very long loading time!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 26, 20:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only tiny, it shouldn't really affect your loading time at all - not like half a dozen beds, for example!

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 26, 22:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you start using BUY, you will never want to be without it. It makes life SO much easier. That and all the macrotastics recommended mods.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 26, 23:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you start using BUY, you will never want to be without it. It makes life SO much easier. That and all the macrotastics recommended mods.
Absopositively!  I hope to ward off CTS for a few more years at least.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 27, 00:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amen to that!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 27, 06:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the noeatcrap but I just took it out for awhile because none of my sims were getting fat, and I like the variety.  Some lazy sims just DESERVE to be fat!
I agree. This is why No Eat Crap allows your lazy sims to become fat and your slobby disgusting sims to still eat crap. Didn't you know that's already part of it?

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 27, 12:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my sims were getting fat, so I figured that was why!  They would stop when their hunger bar was full.  They didn't do that before I put in noeatcrap and they keep eating even if the hunger bar is full since I took it out.  And none of them would sit down to a fly-infested plate of food while I had noeatcrap in.

Tried BUY last night, I'll probably keep it for awhile and see if I can get used to seeing my sims run out of the BR like their asses are on fire.  I just started using macrotastics, too, and seeing some of them run from one thing to the next is a little disturbing.  Running in the house is not a good thing!

I do like the macro..paybills message "Render Unto Ceasar".  Nice touch, JM.

Is there a setting somewhere for either of these two hacks that allows me to change the speed at which a sim will respond?  I didn't see anything in the settings for that.  I just don't like them running.  Fast walk or what would be normal for their lazy/active level would be more comfortable for me.

I just find them running more disturbing than the convenience that these hacks offer.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 27, 13:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mostly only active sims run for most things, they walk to the bathroom, and they don't so much RUN out as get THROWN out.  And in a fairly big house, at least they get to bed before they fall down dead from exhaustion!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: